FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

BA announces Avios partnership with Nectar

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2023, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by Mr_Toad
I still haven't got the 'Count up to Christmas' promotion on my app.

I've tried on 4 different devices including uninstalling & reinstalling the app. I contacted Nectar & they said they had spotted an anomaly in my account which they rectified & advised that I should reinstall & try again. It still doesn't appear. So I contacted them again & now they're telling me it's a targeted promotion so I'm not currently eligible. I thought it was automatically open to everyone? Has anyone else experienced this?
found the Ts n Cs online...
Old Nov 7, 2023, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Mine have all been added. Bonus points and normal base points.
To my surprise, you can trigger multiple "steps" at once. My offer was for 3x 200 point spends, rewarding 500, 500 and 1000 bonus points respectively.

I placed a £95 order (to trigger a 3x point offer on a £70 spend), stocking up on things like razor blades and washing pods - stuff that doesn't go off.

I went via the BA eStore (albeit it's only 2 Avios per pound rather than 3 these days).

That means I've gained, or will have when they post:

95 Nectar points - base
190 Nectar points - 3x bonus
270 Nectar points - points offers on things I'd usually buy
1000 Nectar points - the first and second steps of the Christmas challenge. I was 45 away from triggering the final step!

Add on top:

190 Avios - for using the eStore
142 Avios - for using a Barclaycard Avios credit card

...and it ends up as being 1303 Avios for that £95 spend. You can't really beat that for buying things you'd buy anyway!
fartoomanyusers and crisdean like this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:50 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
8 days validity

Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
Have Sainsburys changed their Nectar Offers for everybody - so they now only last 7 days instead of the 8 days that they previously lasted ?

No overlap day for me
Overlap day is back ... for me ... at least for this week!
Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
I’ve just received this which could be handy for Xmas wine.

Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Shingi

Better than prior year's "double up" offers that could only be used on very specific product groups. But note you can't use these vouchers for the current 25% offer on 6 bottles of wine.

...which would have been the immediate attraction for me.
Shingi likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Shingi
I was just wondering whether I was keeping too many points in my Nectar account - but you've got around double what I have!
Old Nov 18, 2023, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by A13
Same here, +532 bonus posted.

Also noticed a 350 Avios bonus for converting at least 1,200 nectar points by 2nd October.

Finally got around to chase that one. Agent was very helpful and said points have been added to my account now. Should have checked while still chatting, as he added 350 Nectar points
Still better than nothing, can't be arsed to chase again
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:42 am

I just transferred some points via the Nectar app. Any idea how long they take to show up on BA? My Avios expire in a few days so I want to make sure to keep them.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by giblet
I just transferred some points via the Nectar app. Any idea how long they take to show up on BA? My Avios expire in a few days so I want to make sure to keep them.
not long.. worst case will be overnight if not showing already
giblet likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:52 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Nectar to Avios

Mine are always instantaneous
Old Nov 21, 2023, 10:11 am

mine normally immediately
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:41 am

Thank you, they've arrived and now I can stop worrying about my Avios for another 3 years!
Old Dec 12, 2023, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by flyslow
Finally got around to chase that one. Agent was very helpful and said points have been added to my account now. Should have checked while still chatting, as he added 350 Nectar points
Still better than nothing, can't be arsed to chase again
Quick question flyslow - who did you contact about this? I contacted Nectar in the first instance via their online chat function; it was escalated and took several more weeks to receive a reply saying that I should instead speak to BA via this 'Non Airline Partners: Missing Avios Credit Request' form (which instructs you to fill it in and then print it and send to your local customer service centre?!) Surely there's an easier way...
Old Dec 12, 2023, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by squawk
Quick question flyslow - who did you contact about this? I contacted Nectar in the first instance via their online chat function; it was escalated and took several more weeks to receive a reply saying that I should instead speak to BA via this 'Non Airline Partners: Missing Avios Credit Request' form (which instructs you to fill it in and then print it and send to your local customer service centre?!) Surely there's an easier way...
I used Nectar online chat and was sorted during the chat. Do an online chat version of HUACA?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by flyslow
I used Nectar online chat and was sorted during the chat. Do an online chat version of HUACA?
Thanks for the clarification, but... GRRRR. Now that it's been escalated and has a case number, I suspect that won't work - they're clearly finger-pointing to BA. It's such a hassle, for a relatively small number of points. I'll try raising a complaint with Nectar about how it's been handled; at least I can leave the window open while doing other things!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.