Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Assuming you haven't touched the booking since getting that email, you will be able to use that cancellation to move it to whenever you want. So just give them a call.
I also had the time change (no change in class)....there was no option to change flights online - in fact MMB had nothing (unlike when its cancelled)
I did however phone up
change of dates +/- 2 days or a full refund
took the refund
Old Aug 19, 2021, 8:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
I also had the time change (no change in class)....there was no option to change flights online - in fact MMB had nothing (unlike when its cancelled)
I did however phone up
change of dates +/- 2 days or a full refund
took the refund
Very strange - flights all changed online following the time change (and class change)... If I have an email saying the flights are confirmed, they are confirmed... right?! I did try calling BA but got cut off by the auto message.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:58 am

Do we know if they’ve reopened the lounge at DXB now flights are resumed ?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
Do we know if they’ve reopened the lounge at DXB now flights are resumed ?
Have BA flights moved back to Terminal 1? They had been operating out of Terminal 3 and using the Marhaba Lounge.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Originally Posted by Blumie
Have BA flights moved back to Terminal 1? They had been operating out of Terminal 3 and using the Marhaba Lounge.
My flight in January leaves from T1, the lounge is closed atm and BA customers are invited to use the Marhaba lounge in T3.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Blumie
Flying into and out of T1 this coming week.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:27 am

All non-EK airlines (BA included) had already started using T1 back in end-June in time for the summer peak season. Since resuming a week ago, BA104 has always departed from T1 as well.

Not sure what the lounge situation is, however. It won't be the Marhaba lounge (or indeed any other) in T3, as there is no connection by foot between T1 and T3, only buses used for airside transits.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
With the current Avios promo - you can book JER-LGW LHR-DXB-LHR for £550 in Oct / Nov. Then reduce by £100 to £450 which is a good deal in WTP. Ideally the JER-LGW gets chopped and you've got yourself a very sensible price...
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
An update on my BA Dubai flight and a WARNING to those with non-British/EU/US passports travelling to Dubai.

This evening on the BA flight to Dubai my wife was denied boarding given that she holds an Indian passport. BA said there is some PBB issue in the system which requires Dubai immigration to clear it. They emailed Dubai for confirmation but received no response and we had to be offloaded

Travellers from India are not allowed to visit Dubai for tourism unless they are Dubai residents. However there is absolutely no restrictions on Indian citizens residing in the UK or outside India to travel to Dubai ( my wife hasnt been to india for over 8 months or any other country).

BA say they needed some code to override the error in the system which they didnt have. I wonder if BA is clueless and this would have been a routine override for Emirates

BA said the exact same issue happened two nights ago with travellers with Indian passport. They didnt have authorisation to override the error.

Anyway we have moved our flight to tomorrow and will try again otherwise can the whole trip. Its already costing us a lot of money as we now have to re do the PCR test

I dont know if there is any insurance or compensation to claim but right now I cant even think straight. But wanted to post this here so that others in a similar situation are forewarned.
dadio77 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Have my first request for business travel come in for a customer event in Dubai (in October). My last business trip was Feb 2020 to Brussels.

First green shoots of a return to some level of normality. Need to now see what the company appetite is to authorise travel.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:20 am

Ive to pay the balance on our holiday booking by Friday for travel 17th Sept. Whats the likelihood of Dubai staying off the red list? And if it went red after we pay, do we get a refund?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:49 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Ive to pay the balance on our holiday booking by Friday for travel 17th Sept. Whats the likelihood of Dubai staying off the red list? And if it went red after we pay, do we get a refund?
no one knows about red/amber/green lists, you just have to hope a government minister has a Dubai holiday booked at the same time as you. In terms of a refund on going red, my understanding and experience is BAHolidays like other UK holiday companies will cancel and refund automatically.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by firstlight
no one knows about red/amber/green lists, you just have to hope a government minister has a Dubai holiday booked at the same time as you. In terms of a refund on going red, my understanding and experience is BAHolidays like other UK holiday companies will cancel and refund automatically.
Great thanks for that. I’m flying DUB-LHR-DXB return, fully vaccinated. I know I need a negative PCR to get into DXB and need a negative PCR/Antigen to transit back through LHR. But since I’m going on to DUB do I need a booking for another negative test 2 days later?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Great thanks for that. I’m flying DUB-LHR-DXB return, fully vaccinated. I know I need a negative PCR to get into DXB and need a negative PCR/Antigen to transit back through LHR. But since I’m going on to DUB do I need a booking for another negative test 2 days later?
Sorry don't know detail about transit to DUB and rules in Eire but think if you stay airside you might not need a day 2 for the UK. Others may be able to help here as we inevitably start at LGW or LHR.
andymcdonnell likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by firstlight
I think you are right about red/Amber/green as we don’t know what the criteria is but here is BAs policy in the event of changes. It would seem amendments subject to repricing as a holiday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.