Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
That’s exactly what I booked this morning. Would of preferred DUB but that was working out around £2500 in Club. Could of gone for WTP for £750 but thought that I may need the tier points for good requalification by April especially if BA are now of the opinion that they don’t need to extend status for the rest of us.
Ex-INV is under £600 return in WTP which is a decent price, but for the extra £400 in Club and got a UUA to F on the return, made more sense to go ex-CDG. Easier to get to CDG from the Midlands as well.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
That’s exactly what I booked this morning. Would of preferred DUB but that was working out around £2500 in Club. Could of gone for WTP for £750 but thought that I may need the tier points for good requalification by April especially if BA are now of the opinion that they don’t need to extend status for the rest of us.
I got ex DUB for 17-24 Sept in J for €1810 including 7 nights in The Address Dubai Marina
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:00 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
I got ex DUB for 17-24 Sept in J for €1810 including 7 nights in The Address Dubai Marina
DUB appears to be loaded now for around £1200 flight only - but yeah that's a great price on the hols booking.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
More August flights now loaded. Decent if not
spectacular WTP. CW is a bit "meh", not convinced award seats are fully loaded yet (lots of 3s which just looks... odd...)
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ratechaser
More August flights now loaded. Decent if not
spectacular WTP. CW is a bit "meh", not convinced award seats are fully loaded yet (lots of 3s which just looks... odd...)
Is that 3 seats (sorry if I'm missing something!) What dates are you seeing 3's for ratechaser? I'm looking but can only see 2 seats
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by dadio77
Is that 3 seats (sorry if I'm missing something!) What dates are you seeing 3's for ratechaser? I'm looking but can only see 2 seats
Yes as in 3 seats available - here are some examples. Just looks odd as there should be 4 per flight and I'd be surprised if a lot of singles had already been booked...

Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:45 am

Yes as in 3 seats available - here are some examples. Just looks odd as there should be 4 per flight and I'd be surprised if a lot of singles had already been booked...

can i ask what website you are using? I'm on BA and no availability for 3pax:
Attached Images  
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
This availability is not real !
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those looking for cheapo WTP in Sept / Oct... then hoping for J to open up (or maybe have GUFs)

JER-LHR-DXB / DXB-LHR

Only around £530 per person

Presume JER is a simple on and off affair like it used to be ? No COVID restrictions ?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
This availability is not real !
I've also looked on Reward Flight Finder and that gives a completely different availability to BA (e.g. 2 CW seats on 19/08, on BA it's zero). I still err on the side of me being a technophobe though 😁
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only place for checking accurate reward space is laboriously on BA.com !!
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:29 am

Well so much for the BA Rewards App then! You'd have thought it might actually have been correct, what with it being "official" and all...
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:46 am

Well so much for the BA Rewards App then! You'd have thought it might actually have been correct, what with it being "official" and all...
rarely used the app, just logged in and it seems to be matching ba.com now, though still a bit glitchy... I did call BA earlier to see if it was any different at their end, but they had a system failure, so maybe it's all linked.

as mikeyfly said, clicking laboriously through the website seems to be the only safe option!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
No doubt the bargain flights I had for September will now be reinstated at hugely inflated prices. Grrrrr
Out of intrest how much was the fare? Hotels seem to be going crazy, booked the Hilton Jumerah Beach, earlier in day was £500, then jumped to £600 (booked) now £700 seems rooms are filling up
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:38 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by suley
Out of intrest how much was the fare? Hotels seem to be going crazy, booked the Hilton Jumerah Beach, earlier in day was £500, then jumped to £600 (booked) now £700 seems rooms are filling up
It was £1800 - out in J, back in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.