Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2021, 5:26 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Do we also need to do a return to home test before leaving Dubai?
yes. That applies for coming back from anywhere other than places within the CTA (Ireland, Channel Islands, IoM) and regardless of vaccinations.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:25 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
One more clarification KARFA if you don’t mind.

What if you are transmitting LHR eg CDG-LHR-XXX all on the say day?

I assume that a lateral flow test before flying into the UK isn’t necessary?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis

hi

No. You will need a test before flying to the uk regardless of final destination.

Regards

Tbs
KARFA likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Flights are now loaded and we'll hit the button for early October

Tempted to use a Companion Voucher but as usual the fees are crazy as usual.... good availability for points bookings though
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

a pre arrival test is required even if doing a same day airside connection.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:11 am

So just so I’m clear, as it stand for my Sept booking DUB-LHR-DXB, I need a negative PCR going to Dubai & a negative test returning to the UK even though we’re all fully vaccinated?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
So just so I’m clear, as it stand for my Sept booking DUB-LHR-DXB, I need a negative PCR going to Dubai & a negative test returning to the UK even though we’re all fully vaccinated?
You need to do whatever Dubai requires (this could change). Plus for the return to the UK whatever the UK requires, which currently is a pre-departure test, booking a Day2 PCR test on arrival, having an acceptable vaccination status and a PLF. This could also change. People who are vaccinated can still have COVID.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:50 am

Little bit annoyed that I had a BAH booking for 4th September outbound to DXB - which was scuppered by their few extra days of flight cancellations last week. However, managed to eventually get through to the holidays team and they've moved it to 18th Sep outbound, and kept the flight and hotel booking at the same cost.

Also very glad that this will still manage to land within the double tier points time frame.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:57 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Nice BA fares to DXB out of CDG at the moment as well. £1050 return in CW - obviously not available around half term but pretty open otherwise.

Also don't forget Expo2020 starts on the 1st Oct 2021 in Dubai so hotels will be pretty full.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I'm not seeing a load more flights being added to the schedule in the near future, was thinking that it might be an option instead of Majorca for August (yes, my family like it HOT!), but nothing particularly attractive... also interesting that Atlantis isn't significantly discounted - you'd think they would be offering better than just 20% off rates...

On a related note, now that BWC is extended into next summer, I'm looking at putting a holiday placeholder in for Dubai in July with one of my FTVs. WTP and then UUA... but right now there's nothing better than E class - is there generally a good time to expect T to open up, or is it just another case of waiting for the sales...?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

Tempted to book for 10 days in September to get some sun. Either that or berlin.

Regards

Tbs
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by ratechaser
I'm not seeing a load more flights being added to the schedule in the near future, was thinking that it might be an option instead of Majorca for August (yes, my family like it HOT!), but nothing particularly attractive... also interesting that Atlantis isn't significantly discounted - you'd think they would be offering better than just 20% off rates...

On a related note, now that BWC is extended into next summer, I'm looking at putting a holiday placeholder in for Dubai in July with one of my FTVs. WTP and then UUA... but right now there's nothing better than E class - is there generally a good time to expect T to open up, or is it just another case of waiting for the sales...?
The announcement that Dubai was coming off the red list happened about 14 hours ago. Should BA be immediately marching the A380s out of the hangars? It will take time to bolster the schedule, and frankly I'd wager they're looking at booking number increases over the next few days before they do.

For WTP yes, if you're not prepared to go ex-EU then waiting for the sale is your only option. I wouldn't expect T class to open up for next summer until a few months from now when things have settled.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
The announcement that Dubai was coming off the red list happened about 14 hours ago. Should BA be immediately marching the A380s out of the hangars? It will take time to bolster the schedule, and frankly I'd wager they're looking at booking number increases over the next few days before they do.

For WTP yes, if you're not prepared to go ex-EU then waiting for the sale is your only option. I wouldn't expect T class to open up for next summer until a few months from now when things have settled.
Didn't take long for Portugal etc to have extra flights piled on as soon as it went green... and overnight BAH have restarted selling holidays to Dubai.... but maybe LH flights need more planning.

Anyway, going to sit tight. At least Majorca's not been derailed following the latest announcement and I've got a very nice hotel lined up - bird in the hand and all that.

(I would absolutely go ex-EU. My family absolutely wouldn't...)
Old Aug 5, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Nice BA fares to DXB out of CDG at the moment as well. £1050 return in CW - obviously not available around half term but pretty open otherwise.

Also don't forget Expo2020 starts on the 1st Oct 2021 in Dubai so hotels will be pretty full.
That’s exactly what I booked this morning. Would of preferred DUB but that was working out around £2500 in Club. Could of gone for WTP for £750 but thought that I may need the tier points for good requalification by April especially if BA are now of the opinion that they don’t need to extend status for the rest of us.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 7:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Didn't take long for Portugal etc to have extra flights piled on as soon as it went green... and overnight BAH have restarted selling holidays to Dubai.... but maybe LH flights need more planning.

Anyway, going to sit tight. At least Majorca's not been derailed following the latest announcement and I've got a very nice hotel lined up - bird in the hand and all that.

(I would absolutely go ex-EU. My family absolutely wouldn't...)
I'm waiting for more flights to get loaded for travel to DXB at the end of Aug. Will wait a couple of days otherwise book Emirates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.