Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
No email but card expiration already moved to 2023
I’m at 2200 TP and have upcoming travel till my collection end date worth another 2500-3000 TP
I wonder if i should cancel/reschedule this travel to next TO collection year and travel with a different alliance to get status. Similar situation with Delta.
Happy people are not losing status, but see no further incentive in continuing to accumulate TP on BA or MQM on DL
alexwuk likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by IkarosBOS
I’m at 2200 TP and have upcoming travel till my collection end date worth another 2500-3000 TP
I wonder if i should cancel/reschedule this travel to next TO collection year and travel with a different alliance to get status. Similar situation with Delta.
Happy people are not losing status, but see no further incentive in continuing to accumulate TP on BA or MQM on DL
It's interesting now isn't it? I have just over 2 months to go (July) so I am happy with the extension, but have enough travel currently booked to get me to 1950 TPs and would have made up the rest if needed. Am now wondering whether to defer some of the journeys which is contrary to what BA would have been hoping for - but with 3000 to get from 9th July onwards, I will need a good head start !
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
It's interesting now isn't it? I have just over 2 months to go (July) so I am happy with the extension, but have enough travel currently booked to get me to 1950 TPs and would have made up the rest if needed. Am now wondering whether to defer some of the journeys which is contrary to what BA would have been hoping for - but with 3000 to get from 9th July onwards, I will need a good head start !
2250 from July onwards, if you can get them all by Dec 31.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm confused with regards to qualifications for GGL. I thought pre-pandemic; it was 5000 TPs. Then it was reduced to 3750 TPs. Now, I'm hearing 2250 TPs? Huh?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
AFAIK there is no reduction on the 4 qualifying flights requirement. I believe your partner has until August 8th to get to the reduced TP target and 4 qualifying flights. Your partner may consider it better to drop to Bronze and then from August to year end aim for again getting silver which would be for whatever was remain from their 22/23 year and all of 23/24
Originally Posted by KARFA
See the FAQs on this page. Youi still need the eligible flights.
Originally Posted by SonicStar817
You still need the qualifying flights.

And a data point from myself. July year end with Silver renewed already, no email and still showing 31st August 2022. The message regarding the new threshold is showing on main account page once logged in. I'd imagine the expiry date will remain as is until the year end as with normal renewal procedure.
Thanks, being based in Singapore and the borders opening still being recent it makes it quite hard to achieve in the short time. It is not like we can do some quick short haul flights. Still a bit baffled by the reduction of TP but not the qualifying flights in an equal way.

Here is hoping that when QR gets on Avios their flights will count just as IB

Globalist
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm confused with regards to qualifications for GGL. I thought pre-pandemic; it was 5000 TPs. Then it was reduced to 3750 TPs. Now, I'm hearing 2250 TPs? Huh?
Qualification was always 5000 (excluding the consecutive years @ 3000 time); requalification was always 3000.

The reduced thresholds means requalification is 2250. Not sure if qualification is also reduced.

Reduced thresholds must be achieved by 31st Dec.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by IkarosBOS
I wonder if i should cancel/reschedule this travel to next TO collection year and travel with a different alliance to get status.
At the very least you should do another 300 to get the GUF vouchers. The value after that is indeed questionable.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
2250 is renewal only.

3750 is qualification for GGL for the first time.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
3750 TPs to QUALIFY for GGL (if you are not currently GGL). This is reduced from 5000 TPs.

2250 to RENEW GGL (if you are already GGL). This is reduced from 3000 TPs.
lsquare and zen100 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Qualification was always 5000 (excluding the consecutive years @ 3000 time); requalification was always 3000.

The reduced thresholds means requalification is 2250. Not sure if qualification is also reduced.

Reduced thresholds must be achieved by 31st Dec.
Originally Posted by KARFA
2250 is renewal only.

3750 is qualification for GGL for the first time.
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
3750 TPs to QUALIFY for GGL (if you are not currently GGL). This is reduced from 5000 TPs.

2250 to RENEW GGL (if you are already GGL). This is reduced from 3000 TPs.
Damn it, and I don't think I will qualify for GGL before the end of 2022. I know for sure I'll get to Gold. I guess I'll have to earn GGL the hard way in 2023.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Globalist
Thanks, being based in Singapore and the borders opening still being recent it makes it quite hard to achieve in the short time. It is not like we can do some quick short haul flights. Still a bit baffled by the reduction of TP but not the qualifying flights in an equal way.

Here is hoping that when QR gets on Avios their flights will count just as IB

Globalist
hence the point I raised earlier in this thread that in my opinion BA should be looking at exceptions for people who have addresses in geographies that are not so well served yet. I suspect that they are concerned lots of people would suddenly log change of addresses to those geographies. It may be worth asking them
Globalist likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Looks like I am in a sweet spot as a GGL with an 8 December scheme year end and card year end of 31 January. No renewal date to January 2024 showing yet so who knows.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Was it only Golds got extended, then - or some other qualifying list? I seem to only have gotten the 50% threshold as a Silver [not that it would change my plans as I'll be holidaying my way to Gold post year end].
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by etiene
Was it only Golds got extended, then - or some other qualifying list? I seem to only have gotten the 50% threshold as a Silver [not that it would change my plans as I'll be holidaying my way to Gold post year end].
Golds got extended; silver got their threshold reduced by 50%
etiene likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
hence the point I raised earlier in this thread that in my opinion BA should be looking at exceptions for people who have addresses in geographies that are not so well served yet.
I fully agree; if they don't positive discriminate, they will lose many Gold card travelers who will move to pastures new. Personally, living in continental Europe and with my business and personal region of interest in East Asia, I will be losing my GGL card no matter how low they put the threshold, unless they give it to me for free. In my city we still have very limited connections with BA to LHR and they get cancelled constantly, creating additional disruption. And competition is here, we are served daily by the all the companies in the Persian Gulf. We also have convenient connections with Istanbul, which these days they even take you to Mexico in C at very competitive rates.

Last edited by docsxx; Apr 21, 2022 at 9:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.