Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by woodey
That promotion finishes at the end of March so I guess we’ll find out.
Phew, perhaps you can use the restroom without having to wait for 20 minutes.
drwook likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by drwook
I tend to agree with RichieMc, (some) people have a bit of money to burn and probably feel ok doing so as they've had 2yrs of no holidays, and BA's "spend XXX and get lounge access!" has both directly added people and probably for some of those it's a rare or one-off experience so they likely have longer dwell times than 'normal' business travellers.

Either way, we just have to wait and see. I'd still bet a beer on an extension for Q3 (Jul-Sept) year ends, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.
Ill take that bet.. my family are all Jul-Aug-Sep.. so if youre right ill buy you a beer (PM me!).. if youre wrong you buy me a beer and ill feel less sad about no extension..
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:09 am

Location: The Blackwater Valley (Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey border area)
Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Diamond, etc etc
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Year end in Dec 23. Should BA do nothing in the near future I'll just move everything to CX/SQ (or LH).
Don't forget to come back, and tell us how wonderful CX/SQ (or LH) are/were.
zat_dude, AnttiV and jonr405 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Currently sitting at 0TP. BA has cancelled most of the Asian flights until the fall (the least). Already lost a couple of GUF due BA not extending the ones expiring in early this year. Year end in Dec 23. Should BA do nothing in the near future I'll just move everything to CX/SQ (or LH).
If your expiry isn't until Dec 2023 then a/ interested to know how(!) and b/ I don't think you have any need to worry unless we're all having this same conversation in 12-15 months time
HighwayToHEL and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
I am very curious to see how the situation will evolve. My qualification birthday is June 8th so I got extended for one more year. My GF on the other had has a qualification birthday on July 8th, and with only 100 TP in the bank for this year (IB and QR flights only) she will be pissed to miss a complimentary requalification for just 8 days difference in membership birthday and drop down to no status (not sure about the rules for soft landing). We recently made our first trip outside Europe as the borders are now reopening without too many expensive tests needed, and as highlighted before, flying BA when being based outside of UK has been challenging until very recently (on the other hand, being based in Benelux, requalifying/upgrading status on FlyingBlue has been very easy over the last year (not talking about complimentary requalification here, but earned TP, with promotions though).
Old Mar 23, 2022, 4:23 am

Currently sitting at 0TP. BA has cancelled most of the Asian flights until the fall (the least). Already lost a couple of GUF due BA not extending the ones expiring in early this year. Year end in Dec 23. Should BA do nothing in the near future I'll just move everything to CX/SQ (or LH).
You have another 10 months to hit the reduced thresholds. I appreciate the precise routes you travel may not be back to full normality, but would suspect that BA wiill conclude that if you are not travelling now, then they would not consider you a particularly valuable customer that they want to go out of their way to retain.

Sounds harsh, but they have to draw the line somewhere - they can't keep extending everyone (including many who would otherwise have dropped down a tier), in order to retain an increasingly smaller number of customers that may/might/possibly be good customers again in the future, if only they had another blanket extension.
TTmex likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:47 am

Finally got my expiry date extended to June 2023. Took an astonishing amount of time after I got the email.
TTmex likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Can someone confirm that I've got this right please?

I'm a Silver with a TP collection year end of 8 September and a reduced renewal target of 450TP.
I am usually a Premium Economy type, springing for the occasional Business Class ticket.
I was planning to do a BC return to the US East Coast in May for 480TP to renew Silver until Sep 2023.
Am I actually better off doing a PE trip in May and pushing the BC trip until the end of September?
Can I still get the reduced renewal target of 450TP after 8 September when my collection year resets?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zen100
You have another 10 months to hit the reduced thresholds. I appreciate the precise routes you travel may not be back to full normality, but would suspect that BA wiill conclude that if you are not travelling now, then they would not consider you a particularly valuable customer that they want to go out of their way to retain.

Sounds harsh, but they have to draw the line somewhere - they can't keep extending everyone (including many who would otherwise have dropped down a tier), in order to retain an increasingly smaller number of customers that may/might/possibly be good customers again in the future, if only they had another blanket extension.
Agree with this. Line has to be drawn in the sand somewhere for sure. At the end of the day, the people BA will want are those who will travel consistently enough to keep earning status. Some people will always end up losing out in some way due to the situation, but that's sometimes just how life is.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zen100

Racked up about 13k TP between 2017-2020, 26k for our household if you include the Mrs. All out of own pocket.

But yeah, I seem to have pushed some peoples buttons as per the few comments above so I'll just see myself out.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by patersoj
Can I still get the reduced renewal target of 450TP after 8 September when my collection year resets?
Yes, you will have reduced target of 450 to renew Silver but those flights must all take place before December 31, 2022. So your Club World return to the east coast USA in late-September should do it for you IF it gets your balance to 450+ TPs and the four required BA segments? Note that your TPs will reset to zero on Sep 8th so you'll need the 450 and the 4 segments within that Sep 9th through Dec 31st window.
patersoj likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by geo1005
Yes, you will have reduced target of 450 to renew Silver but those flights must all take place before December 31, 2022. So your Club World return to the east coast USA in late-September should do it for you IF it earns 450+ TPs and the four required BA segments.
Thank you so much for confirming. I was getting so confused with the wording of some of the stuff. PE in May and BC in September it is. Perfect!
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: British airways emirates
Unsure

Hi, my TP collection year ends May 22 but card expiry is 30 June 23.
I need 235 more TP to retain silver
I'm looking at booking a BC holiday to IST in October. It looks like this is 80 TP each way.

Before I commit, am I right in thinking I'll get 320 TP for this as it's double for holidays?

Will this extend my silver? If so, until???

I've read so much but my mind is blown and would appreciate any expert advice please!
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dizzyb3
Hi, my TP collection year ends May 22 but card expiry is 30 June 23.
I need 235 more TP to retain silver
I'm looking at booking a BC holiday to IST in October. It looks like this is 80 TP each way.

Before I commit, am I right in thinking I'll get 320 TP for this as it's double for holidays?

Will this extend my silver? If so, until???

I've read so much but my mind is blown and would appreciate any expert advice please!
You don't need any to retain silver, you have it until End of June 2023.
Dizzyb3 likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: British airways emirates
Thanks for your quick reply.
So I can use all the perks until June 23 but then if i don't have 450 TP I'll lose it?
If I can get to 450 TP by June 23 I keep silver until June 24??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.