Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:17 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by BA5E
Same here had letter in Dec 2021 stating tier point collection up to 30th June mine ends 8th June, and still nothing on my profile, so will keep watching this space
Are you referring to your extension? This doesn't show in your tier point expiry (as this remains the same).

If you go to your account on BA dot com and under your information at the top is a drop down option. In here your 'Card Expiry Date' should now be 30 July 2023 - confriming your extension.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Not quite sure what you mean by "doesn't matter" in this context but as a July renewal, and presumably a Silver at the moment, you are not currently benefitting from any protection, only the lowered targets. Therefore, the following scenarios apply

If less than 450TP by end of July 8th: Your Silver status will expire on Aug 31st 2022, at which point you will drop to Bronze (even if you had earned 0TP)

If 450 or more, but less than 1125TP by end of July 8th: Your Silver status will be extended for another year, and will expire Aug 31st 2023

If 1125 or more TP by end of July 8th: You will upgrade to Gold and retain that status until Aug 31st 2023.
Did BA "fix" the problem whereby anyone that had already renewed/gone up a tier before the extention was announced and applied at the back end - then got an additional year, due to the way the extension was processed - simply adding on one more year to the expiry date.

That only impacted (i.e. benefitted) a very small number before - those that were still flying during the tightest part of the travel restrictions. But likely to apply to a much larger percentage now.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:23 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by zen100
Did BA "fix" the problem whereby anyone that had already renewed/gone up a tier before the extention was announced and applied at the back end - then got an additional year, due to the way the extension was processed - simply adding on one more year to the expiry date.
I believe so - I base that conclusion on the facts that a) they have moved to talk more about "protecting" status and b) I have not seen recent reports of anyone benefitting in this way, in fact the opposite - people who have qualified under their own steam are asking where their "extra year" is.

It was, as I recall, only this who stepped up a tier who benefitted from the way the system "blindly" added a year to the expiry dates.

I don't expect anyone who reaches the qualification levels to benefit in any way in terms of expiry dates anymore, unlike some who did in the original 2020 extensions.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:23 am

Same here had letter in Dec 2021 stating tier point collection up to 30th June mine ends 8th June, and still nothing on my profile, so will keep watching this space

It is also on ba.com

Further Tier status extensions
Your loyalty means the world to us. In order for you to have a chance to enjoy the benefits you deserve, whenever you’re ready to return to the skies,
we’ve extended the Tier status for Executive Club Members with a Tier Point collection end date between 1 April 2022 and 30 June 2022
by another 12 months, irrespective of how many Tier Points you earn.

How do I benefit from the most recent 12-month Tier status extension?
We’ll automatically apply the 12-month status extension to memberships with Tier Point collection end dates
between 1 April 2022 and 30 June 2022 by the end of the first week of January, irrespective of how many
Tier Points you have earned. There is no need to contact us to arrange this.

First week of january was a long time ago...

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...efits#vouchers
Old Feb 16, 2022, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
I believe so - I base that conclusion on the facts that a) they have moved to talk more about "protecting" status and b) I have not seen recent reports of anyone benefitting in this way, in fact the opposite - people who have qualified under their own steam are asking where their "extra year" is.

It was, as I recall, only this who stepped up a tier who benefitted from the way the system "blindly" added a year to the expiry dates.

I don't expect anyone who reaches the qualification levels to benefit in any way in terms of expiry dates anymore, unlike some who did in the original 2020 extensions.
Thanks. I happen to know someone that might move up a tier in June, with a Nov reset, so wondering whether to chase the double-TPs hard to get the uplift before any potential Q4 extension is annoucned (if there is one for Q4), or drag it out to prolong the GUF voucher expiry date.

Sounds like they've fixed the defect though. Fair enough - it's not the intent of the extension.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Are you referring to your extension? This doesn't show in your tier point expiry (as this remains the same).

If you go to your account on BA dot com and under your information at the top is a drop down option. In here your 'Card Expiry Date' should now be 30 July 2023 - confriming your extension.
Have gone into my exec club and on the drop down menu Card Expiry Date still says 31st July 2022 not as yet July 2023, I wonder how long i will have to wait for this to show July 2023, perhaps BA exec club department are inundated with people phoning up, and them getting the website for each member up to date
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Have gone into my exec club and on the drop down menu Card Expiry Date still says 31st July 2022 not as yet July 2023, I wonder how long i will have to wait for this to show July 2023, perhaps BA exec club department are inundated with people phoning up, and them getting the website for each member up to date
That's odd, but you've had your confirmation email so I wouldn't worry about it. It is going to happen.

It's feasible they're already decided to extend July accounts onwards in the near future and are planning to run the IT update all together.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:32 am

It's feasible they're already decided to extend July accounts onwards in the near future and are planning to run the IT update all together.
I love your optimism, but youre giving BA way to much credit, basically they have stuffed it up as usual, there is no way BA have planned ahead.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Smile

That's odd, but you've had your confirmation email so I wouldn't worry about it. It is going to happen.

Thank you I will watch this space.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Is GGL renewal 2,500 TP before Dec 31 22? Or is it a little less than this? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Is GGL renewal 2,500 TP before Dec 31 22? Or is it a little less than this? Thanks in advance!
if you are in the group with a reduced renewal threshold, it will currently be 2,250 TPs to retain GGL (25% reduction on normal target of 3K). I can’t recall if the last renewal date with the reduced target is Dec 2022 or another month.

You would still require 2,500 TPs to earn a GUF2, that threshold has not been reduced.
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
The reduced thresholds are until Dec , currently.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
The reduced thresholds are until Dec , currently.
I’ve got an April renewal, so benefit from the latest extension. If I get 2250 before December, do I renew my GGL for 2023/2024?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Current thinking would say yes you will.

So if you got your 2250 by Dec 31, you get renewed for another year 2023/24.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Yes, but you need to get 2,250 from the start of your collection year through to 31 Dec.

Otherwise it's 3,000 to retain, if you take your entire collection year.

If you're a Jan reset, the dates are virtually the same (apart from the last 8 days).
Dicksbits likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.