Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:05 am

Thanks very much zen100
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
If timescales are anything to go by, we'll know in the next 10-14 days whether July-Sep year-ends will benefit from any further extension. Will be keeping a close eye on my email Either way I should be good to reach the 1125 requirement. But won't be running to do so if they comp another year
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:56 pm

Looking at the FAQ page highlighted above, and the definite return to 'normal' in Jan 2023 in terms of tier point totals, I'm beginning to doubt whether they will be comping another year for us third quarter cohort. I have now travelled enough to make 1125, but this is still well down on my normal travel, and only achieved thorough some strategic self-upgrading to Business on indirect flights with OW partners, this despite one of my regular destinations being all but closed to me until Jan (33% through my year)

We can wait to be surprised though. I would think there is a strong case as key routes to Asia are STILL not open, and business travel remains significantly depressed. And for July year-ends, the US was 'closed' for 4 months (i.e 33%) of their year. If you are a regular flyer in that direction you will be stuffed.

I just can't help but feel BA will be shooting themselves in the foot and creating significant ill-will to those who still just can't fly to where they need to. I would go far as to argue everyone with a renewal date up to August AT LEAST should get an extension as the timing of the US reopening is 25% or more of their collection year.

I say this no longer having a stake in the outcome at a personal level, but feel for everyone who does.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:41 am

First time GCL

Hi,

My membership year runs to 8 Oct 2022.
I have booked amounting to 3640 TPs this year, by mid September. Is the 5000 TP limit for GCL also subjected to the 25% TP reduction (can’t see it confirmed on the website). Clearly - getting 110 TPs to get to 3750 will be easy. Not sure I fancy having to find 1360 if it’s not…

Thanks everyone in advance,

Scott
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:09 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
GGL renewal is subject to the discount by Dec, so assume GGL new, is subject to the reduction. So yes , I believe you will be fine, the 25% on 5000.

I'm sure someone will confirm definitely.
m8_rotate and LondonGlobalist like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I am VERY sorry to ask this, but after reading through the Wiki and dozens of "what about me?" posts, now it's my turn for "what about me?"
I understand the year extensions seem to have benefitted June babies nicely. A bit confused about the reduced threshholds:

Just to confirm, as a June 08 earning year expiry, was Silver, card valid thru 31JUL2023:

1) Starting 09JUN 2022, if by 31st December 2022 I earn 450 TPs and fly 4 BA segments, I'd be Silver through July 2024.
2) And if I earn 1125TPs by calendar year end, I'd be Gold.
Is this right? Or am I illiterate?
Blue Skye likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by kyushuman
I am VERY sorry to ask this, but after reading through the Wiki and dozens of "what about me?" posts, now it's my turn for "what about me?"
I understand the year extensions seem to have benefitted June babies nicely. A bit confused about the reduced threshholds:

Just to confirm, as a June 08 earning year expiry, was Silver, card valid thru 31JUL2023:

1) Starting 09JUN 2022, if by 31st December 2022 I earn 450 TPs and fly 4 BA segments, I'd be Silver through July 2024.
you are correct, not sure if the new status kicks in when you reach reduced tp or if its in january. It reads like the will run some batch program in january extending/upgrading all those that made it. Reaching the full tp requirement would kick in as usual
kyushuman and Blue Skye like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold

Correct, not illiterate!
kyushuman likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
you are correct, not sure if the new status kicks in when you reach reduced tp or if its in january. It reads like the will run some batch program in january extending/upgrading all those that made it. Reaching the full tp requirement would kick in as usual
Yes, i reckon a batch update in January for all those that "made it" for renewing at current level. Given they probably won't be running it just after midnight NYE, i suspect there will be a few days/weeks grace as they wait for late December points to post. Would suspect it would be a simple "if tier points greater than [x]" rather than trying to be smart and working it out based upon the posting date, so an early Jan flight might get counted.

The T&Cs imply that going up a tier is applied straight away. Not convinced about that - whether they'll run a regular batch process. Suspect it will need a call to trigger the higher status.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH

Thank you for asking that question b/c I was going to ask the same question today. May as well enjoy status earning at the reduced levels before Dec 2022.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Probably a dumb question from me.
My card expiry is Sept 2022 so I understand that I can re-qualify for Gold with 1125 tier points.
However, has the additional requirement for 4 eligible flights been re-instated?
I thought that had been waived at some point in the last year.
Currently, it's not even possible to get out of Japan on a BA flight number as the codeshares on JAL have been zapped.
Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by geronimo
My card expiry is Sept 2022 so I understand that I can re-qualify for Gold with 1125 tier points.
However, has the additional requirement for 4 eligible flights been re-instated?
With the extensions provided to date you did not need to earn the Tier Points or fly the 4 Qualifying segments for the extension to occur. Assuming there is no more extension from BA for the July+ expiry dates, you will need to fly the four qualifying flights. Certainly the current situation is not in your favor, however it looks as if the BA code-shares on JAL flights between LHR and HND return by mid-May. Maybe that helps?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by geronimo
Probably a dumb question from me.
I thought that had been waived at some point in the last year.
Currently, it's not even possible to get out of Japan on a BA flight number as the codeshares on JAL have been zapped.
Thanks
For the blanket extensions, 4 qualifying flights are not required.

If there is no blanket extension for Q3, then 4 qualifying flights are required with the reduced tier points.

This is confirmed in the FAQ

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...s-and-benefits
geronimo likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:49 am

Any news on Q3 extensions?
Or are BA working off 'Big Dog's' assertion that COVID is over and the world has returned to normal???
(reality check - it hasn't, nor was it sufficiently over 25% of Q3s collection year)
Schultzois likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by GBOAC
Any news on Q3 extensions?
Or are BA working off 'Big Dog's' assertion that COVID is over and the world has returned to normal???
(reality check - it hasn't, nor was it sufficiently over 25% of Q3s collection year)
I'm sure BA are looking at this and crunching the numbers. Different anecdotes apply for different people. As a couple we are both Q3 renewal, I've retained gold and on the way to GGL for first time, Mrs firstlight has just achieved gold for first time ever. So really depends on where you go and where you live...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.