Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:39 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Has BA stated for how long the reduced TP rates are valid?
Can we assume that the reduced rate applies for re-qualification for the year after the extended one?
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Does the extension apply to a 8 May 2020 year end i.e. will I now keep my status up until June 2022?

Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Agent69
When I started on post 1 the thread was up to page 7, by the time I got to page 7 the end was at page 9.
Sorry, but reference to 'page' is really quite meaningless here since in the account options each individual FTer can adjust the number of posts he/she wants to see on a page, from five to 40. Better to refer to message #
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I still think I won't benefit from this.
TP Collection year end was Oct. 08 2019.
Gained gold for the first time by Jan. 2020.
TP Collection Year now Oct. 08 2020.
Card Expiry Nov. 30 2021

Reading the FAQ on the BA website ....

"The 12-month status extension will be applied automatically in the next two weeks* to those memberships with Tier Point collection end dates of July 2020 – June 2021.

This is represented by your card expiry date which can be viewed on the My Executive Club page on ba.com or the mobile app. This is shown underneath the “View more account information” drop down on ba.com, or at the bottom of the 'My account' page on the mobile app.

*Members whose Tier Point collection end date was in May or June 2020, who did not meet the reduced qualification requirement for their Tier will have the 12-month extension applied to their new Tier once their current card expiry date has passed."

Why not just say card expiry will extend by 12 months if that is what BA means, I suspect for people like me, the card expiry will remain at Nov. 30 2021...Happy to be proved wrong though.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Does the extension apply to a 8 May 2020 year end i.e. will I now keep my status up until June 2022?

Thanks!
If you retained status by that date with the lower threshold then yes your status will be extended till 2022.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by 81romeo

Thanks!
Whatever your status becomes after 31 July 2020 is what you'll keep until 2022. If you've dropped Gold to Silver, you'll be Silver. Gold would only apply if your TP year ended 8 July 2020.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Shl
Has BA stated for how long the reduced TP rates are valid?
Can we assume that the reduced rate applies for re-qualification for the year after the extended one?
The 30% was to end for June.

I am currently running on the assumption that at the very least they honor the 25% this year for anyone looking to upgrade. However as I mentioned earlier, it should be 8.3% for every month that flying hasn't been possible. This is open to opinion, aside from people travelling for required work or to their home country, the past few months of 'flying' obviously shouldn't be considered an open year of collection.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:49 am

August year end

So currently I知 GGL and at 2580 TP with year ending 8 August 2020.
Am I correct in thinking that if I collect 420 TP before August, I値l re-qualify for GGL until 2021 as per the normal rules and then get a one year extension until August 2022?

It is relatively easy for me to get 420 TP next month as I知 based in the USA now.

Thoughts?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I've added a wiki at the head of the thread for collating additional FAQs that have been answered upthread. Please feel free to add to the knowledge base.

One scenario, which I think will be common to quite a few of us here, is this one from a family member :

Existing Silver, year end 8 Oct 2020. Already has 850 TPs, so has already requalified for Silver and was shooting for Gold.
From my understanding : if the member continued to collect TPs and did reach 1,500 by Oct 8 2020, then they would (as would be normal), attain Gold until Oct 2021 and then also get a year extension of Gold from Oct 2021 to Oct 2022.
And the number of TPs to be collected between Oct 2021 and Oct 2022 to renew Gold in Oct 2022 would be 1,125.

Is that correct ?
CharlotteC and KARFA like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Kgmm77
Haven稚 you answered your own question? You were extended the status you currently hold and your partner should equally be extended the status they currently hold (assuming an email eventually). On the basis they aren稚 gold now, why would they get gold? It sounds like BA have been entirely consistent in their treatment, it痴 your assessment that is inconsistent
Not really:
Person A, BA Gold: has earned 1000TPs for year-end 8 May. Drops to Silver, is Silver to 2022.
Person B, BA Gold: has earned 10TPs for year-end 8 July. Remains Gold to 2022.

Fair? Nope! If BA had acted immediately, as did other carriers, it would be consistent across the board.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by stephenjc
I still think I won't benefit from this.
TP Collection year end was Oct. 08 2019.
Gained gold for the first time by Jan. 2020.
TP Collection Year now Oct. 08 2020.
Card Expiry Nov. 30 2021

Reading the FAQ on the BA website ....

"The 12-month status extension will be applied automatically in the next two weeks* to those memberships with Tier Point collection end dates of July 2020 – June 2021.

This is represented by your card expiry date which can be viewed on the My Executive Club page on ba.com or the mobile app. This is shown underneath the “View more account information” drop down on ba.com, or at the bottom of the 'My account' page on the mobile app.

*Members whose Tier Point collection end date was in May or June 2020, who did not meet the reduced qualification requirement for their Tier will have the 12-month extension applied to their new Tier once their current card expiry date has passed."

Why not just say card expiry will extend by 12 months if that is what BA means, I suspect for people like me, the card expiry will remain at Nov. 30 2021...Happy to be proved wrong though.
I disagree, Your TP year ends Oct 2020, they will extend your card from this TP year (ie gold) by 12 months beyond what it currently is (ie to Nov 2022). That is my reading, I am struggling to see other ways of reading it, as they specifically say TP year (NOT card expiry date).
stephenjc likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I may be incorrect, but it appears if non-UK based EC members have not had their email yet (I am based in CH, and also not received anything). BA typically do the emails in batches.

Very happy to be corrected if any non-UK members have had the email
I received mine yesterday 6:04 AM Toronto time, so before noon June 10 GMT.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Chrfly
Am I correct in thinking that if I collect 420 TP before August, I値l re-qualify for GGL until 2021 as per the normal rules and then get a one year extension until August 2022?

It is relatively easy for me to get 420 TP next month as I知 based in the USA now.

Thoughts?
The 25% reduction means you've already requalified for GGL (3000-750 = 2250 qualification threshold). You needn't earn any more. You'll be GGL until late 2022.
Only difference would be if you earned an additional 1170TPs (3750TP TTL) by 8 August 2020 for CCR.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:55 am
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
The 30% was to end for June.

I am currently running on the assumption that at the very least they honor the 25% this year for anyone looking to upgrade. However as I mentioned earlier, it should be 8.3% for every month that flying hasn't been possible. This is open to opinion, aside from people travelling for required work or to their home country, the past few months of 'flying' obviously shouldn't be considered an open year of collection.
But here is what BA states:
What痴 more, it will be even easier to retain your status next time you池e up for renewal
-> I read this as: After the free extension , this is what should be meant with re-qualification as for the extended year there is no need for re-qualification.
So lets say our earning year ends March, then it should count for requalification 2022 (membership year Mar 22/23)
Any other thoughts?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, Eurostar CB, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Chrfly

Thoughts?
Interested to hear thoughts on this, but I think your earnings in this TP year are irrelevant because you're getting 12 months of extension of your existing status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.