Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I am still confused.

Myself: year end 8 April. Got the email. GGL extension (presumably to 8 April 2022? - doesn't detail that).
it does:

To say thank you for all your loyalty and support, weve added 12 months extra onto your Gold Guest List Executive Club membership. So you have more time to enjoy your benefits, whenever youre ready to return to the skies.
your status is extended to 2022 with a card expiry date of 31 May 2022.

Partner: year end 8 May. Did not get the email. No extension. Didn't re-qualify for Gold. Doesn't seem to be getting a Gold extension to 8 May 2021.
I haven't seen anything to suggest partner cards won't be within scope of the extension, however, the status is to current status, what is their status now? silver?

I'm only a poor little bluey at the moment with a TP end date of April 2021, i do have a number of flights booked that will get me to 250TP before this, with the 25% reduction will i earn Bronze as i will be over 225 points? thanks in advance

Programs: BAEC Gold
Count me in on the confused side as well.

Myself : Year end 9 June. No email. Card expiry in July 2021. (I had assumed "through June 2021" was inclusive of the month of June, hence qualifying for extension through 2022.)
Partner : Year end 9 December. Got the email. Status extended to January 2022.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by AJA_
If you substitute CCR for Silver in the following doesn't that answer your question? : it will be even easier to retain your Silver/CCR status next time youre up for renewal, as weve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%.
I think the uncertainty was because everything is about status level extension. whereas CCR card is not a status level, it is a benefit. anyway it has been confirmed the 25% reduction applies to CCR cards.
AJA_ likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by squawk
That is what my original (less generous) reading was, GBOAC - that there would be no change to my status, as July 2021 is 1 month beyond the period mentioned for extensions, but that if I qualified before July 2021 I would need the reduced threshold.

This definitely needs some clarification!
Originally Posted by squawk
Hang on. Are we confident about this?

Per Raffles on Head for Points:

This clearly states that the more generous reading is correct. In my case, my current year ends July 2020, but I have already status to July 2021 (with card expiring end of Aug 2021). This would be extended to end of Aug 2022. TPRun would likewise have theirs extended by a year, if I read this correctly.

It also addresses the 'next year' Tier point query.

If this is correct, I'm a very happy bunny indeed.
Originally Posted by labdoctor
I disagree. A person who gained status in the current year, whose card expires on 31 Dec 2021 still has a tier point collection end date of 8 Nov 2020...

Up and down rollercoaster...!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by sometalkofme

Myself : Year end 9 June. No email. Card expiry in July 2021. (I had assumed "through June 2021" was inclusive of the month of June, hence qualifying for extension through 2022.)
yes i assume it would apply to your 8 June 2021 year end date, and your current status would now be extended to 31 July 2022.

All members will benefit, starting with those who have a Tier Point collection end date of July 2020, through to June 2021.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:16 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Just got the email, membership extended by one year ( no big deal as only needed 20 TPS to retain silver. My year ends November 2020 so am assuming this is extended to November 2021. Also offered 25% reduction for next year maybe go for gold if flying possible
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by sometalkofme
I'm starting reading this thread from the bottom, so I don'y know if this has been posted earlier - from the BAEC tiers & benefits page:

Members whose Tier Point collection end date was in May or June 2020, who did not meet the reduced qualification requirement for their Tier will have the 12-month extension applied to their new Tier once their current card expiry date has passed.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
your current status is extended to 31 December 2021.

if you get the extra TPs anyway by 8 November 2020, you will be silver until 31 December 2021.
Isnt that the same as previously though?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:17 am

Long renewed for bronze at 345 points due to currently (had to make it before early december)-

Does this mean I can qualify for silver (For the first time in my life) if i hit 450 points before December then? All I need is basically 1 WTP flight from Sin- LHR and another domestic on lowest ticket with tier point earnings
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
When you reset on 08 April 2021, regardless of the tier points that you would have earned you will retain Gold Guest List and your Concorde Room card until April 2022.

From the GGL team
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: BA GfL, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
Members who renewed at or attained their preferred level with 8 June 2020 membership year end dates have the best deal here, because they essentially get that status for 2 full years - one 'free' and one with reduced tier points earning requirement for the following year.
Includes Mrs Hedwig who obtained Gold for the first (and possibly only) time in January, with a June membership date. She now has a further 2 years of status and more chance of extending beyond that with the reduced requirement. Came off very well compared to Miss Hedwig, who ends the year on 400TP and but for another 20TP, which we could have easily earned with hindsight, would have been Silver for 2 years and instead remains Bronze.

Meanwhile as GFL with no realistic chance of GGL or above in the near future, this makes no difference to me whatsoever
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes i assume it would apply to your 8 June 2021 year end date, and your current status would now be extended to 31 July 2022.
thanks. probably should just wait for the email then.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The Lady Tobias is in a similar situation - her Year End is 8 August, she has 3010 TPs credited as of her last trip in March so she'd already requalified for GGL - the extension provides no benefit for her, and the reduced TP requirement for next year also is of no benefit she already having in excess of 3000 TPs booked for her next Membership Year.

No complaints from us though, and congratulations to the winners
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Got my email this morning ( currently on 1140 tps with membership year ending sep 2020) so now have until Sep 2021.

Regards

TBS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.