Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Members who renewed at or attained their preferred level with 8 June 2020 membership year end dates have the best deal here, because they essentially get that status for 2 full years - one 'free' and one with reduced tier points earning requirement for the following year.
rossmacd and rosso like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Confus
No no no no no no no no!!!! I can see why everyone else is delighted... but as someone with a June end-date who didn’t requalify for Silver, it means I get an extension... of Rust. Why couldn’t they just give everyone 12 months full stop?! That’s just mean.
I have dropped from Gold to silver with a TP year end of June. I now get Silver guaranteed through to June 2022 with a reduced threshold for achieving gold.

Whilst it’s a shame to lose out on Gold, BA need to draw the line somewhere.
Genius1 likes this.
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mixbury
Source wrt the reduced threshold? Apologies if I have missed it...
Directly from BA who confirmed it to Turn Left for Less, it is also shown on their site now https://www.turningleftforless.com/b...us-extensions/
Mixbury likes this.

Programs: BAEC Silver
I am longstanding Silver, had a TP year end of June 8, which I finished with 360 TP (just shy of the lower 420 TP threshold for Silver renewal). I was one of the special cases that filled out the webform and was told my membership would be transferred to Silver for another year. This has yet to be updated in my account and I have not received the blanket email about status extension. Do you think I have manually been excluded from this benefit because I am a special case or will it be that I get Silver transferred until June 2021 and then additionally benefit from another year of Silver until June 2022 per this blanket extension?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:44 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Ok, so my year-end is 8th October 2020 - I qualified for Silver in March and my expiry is November 2021.
As i understand it this will be extended to November 2022 (i hope). To retain beyond that i will still need 600TP in collection year Oct 2021 - 2022.
Basically i don't need to worry about collecting tier points Oct 2020 - 2021 to retain silver?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by rossmacd
It appears the June members appear to be the most lucrative out of this deal (which includes me ). Nice bonus, thanks BA
Us too.

I think it's either us June's or July's who will benefit or not the most.

I did just called the ggl line . The last 8 weeks they've answered straight away, we've had loads of flights to change . Must have called them 10 times.

Today I have been holding after 7 mins, but hung up. . It would appear others are calling them as well.

I'm not that bothered, but is bugging me.

And I have no email, so not a great sign I think.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Indeed, it seems clear now that BA were waiting until they had a better idea of when return to service will start and only then applying changes to the overall scheme.
Reduced qualification thresholds and a year extension are exactly what I've been expecting them to do all along but I thought they wouldn't pull the trigger on it until later in the summer.

Since this development will keep me Gold until December 2022 I'm a happy bunny
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by squawk
Hang on. Are we confident about this?

Per Raffles on Head for Points:

This clearly states that the more generous reading is correct. In my case, my current year ends July 2020, but I have already status to July 2021 (with card expiring end of Aug 2021). This would be extended to end of Aug 2022. TPRun would likewise have theirs extended by a year, if I read this correctly.

It also addresses the 'next year' Tier point query.

If this is correct, I'm a very happy bunny indeed.
I don't see how this can be correct. They are extending status to all those with Collection Year expiry beteen July 2020 and June 2021.
In the case given on HFP, the collector has already requalified for status for 2020-2021 year, BUT their next collection year end is July 2021. This is outside the extension year. They would therefore have to rely on the lower earning threshold during 2021 to requalify.
Or at least that is how i read the new rules.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 27Liam
I am longstanding Silver, had a TP year end of June 8, which I finished with 360 TP (just shy of the lower 420 TP threshold for Silver renewal). I was one of the special cases that filled out the webform and was told my membership would be transferred to Silver for another year. This has yet to be updated in my account and I have not received the blanket email about status extension. Do you think I have manually been excluded from this benefit because I am a special case or will it be that I get Silver transferred until June 2021 and then additionally benefit from another year of Silver until June 2022 per this blanket extension?
I doubt you will be excluded from the policy as you effectively retained Silver for your 2020-2021 membership year and will receive a complimentary year of Silver for 2021-2022 under the newly announced policy.
27Liam likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
KARFA crazyarmadillo For your Sterling work in answering all these questions in general (do you gentleman not work since you are always so available?) and mine in particular you are both awarded MUCCIs - Bless Youxxx
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
Members who renewed at or attained their preferred level with 8 June 2020 membership year end dates have the best deal here, because they essentially get that status for 2 full years - one 'free' and one with reduced tier points earning requirement for the following year.
And members who just missed out with 8 June 2020 membership get hit the hardest.

I kinda wish I'd paid more attention to bookings and cancellations a few months ago. Instead I was focusing on doing my job. Ahh well. C'est la vie.

Originally Posted by GBOAC
I don't see how this can be correct. They are extending status to all those with Collection Year expiry beteen July 2020 and June 2021.
In the case given on HFP, the collector has already requalified for status for 2020-2021 year, BUT their next collection year end is July 2021. This is outside the extension year. They would therefore have to rely on the lower earning threshold during 2021 to requalify.
Or at least that is how i read the new rules.
That is what my original (less generous) reading was, GBOAC - that there would be no change to my status, as July 2021 is 1 month beyond the period mentioned for extensions, but that if I qualified before July 2021 I would need the reduced threshold.

This definitely needs some clarification!

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Sadly I think I'm in the 'loser' category.

TP period ended 8 May - result is I am Silver (as defined by TP period), dropping from Gold, as expected. If I read correctly I will be Silver now until May 2022. A plus for sure.

Except that I was Gold until the end of June, and obviously. i have not been able to use gold benefits since March. [and had bookings to fly - this is not about TPs but about getting softer Gold benefits] That benefit (3 months of Gold) has now gone never to be returned. This is a benefit that I have paid for. A huge negative.

But it is OK because I can now get back to Gold by 'getting only 1100 more TPs'. Ha ha. But if I do that (let's say in Spring 2021) I will become Gold in March. And I will remain Gold until May/June 2022 (as normal). So no '12 month' extension.

Seems to me that this is pretty astute way to incentivise me to travel more to make up for a benefit that has, through no ones fault, been removed.

I will continue to fly with BA / OW but the whole way this has been handled has not been customer friendly (should have been done three months ago, and then extended etc).
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Priority Club Plat, Platinum Royal Ambassador, Marriott Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by Genius1
Certainly great! But not if you just missed out on your June gold renewal
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes
give that man a cookie. Gosh. This k you so much. What a good news.

ufff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.