Last edit by: Prospero
London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Out of curiosity what are you B2B'ing on?
Old May 23, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
If I wanted to fly to NQY and then take the train from the nearest station on the GWR main line from London to Penzance all the way out to Penzance, where would I need to get on the train? I assume its relatively simple and not that expensive to get or prebook a taxi from NQY to that station?
Old May 23, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by salut0
If I wanted to fly to NQY and then take the train from the nearest station on the GWR main line from London to Penzance all the way out to Penzance, where would I need to get on the train? I assume its relatively simple and not that expensive to get or prebook a taxi from NQY to that station?
Par is on the GWR mainline and there is a branch line from there to Newquay. Calling cornishsimon for a more complete answer.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:02 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
There is a train station in Newquay - a branch line that connects to GWR mainline at Par.

If you prefer to not faff about with branch lines, I'd get a taxi from Newquay to Truro - I think that would be your best bet. Not in peak hours I'd anticipate a local cab fare to be in the region of 30. There is also a bus that costs about a fiver and takes an hour or so. An Uber would be slightly less than a cab fare (around 25 I'd think) but it's not like being in London and you could have a wait on your hands.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Simple yes, inexpensive no. Taxi fares in Cornwall are eye-watering compared to London. Uber does not operate in Cornwall.

You'll be going to Truro station (St Austell is marginally closer but on slower roads) and I would expect to pay 40 or more. Ignore the branch line from Newquay to Par, ridiculous detour in the wrong direction and in any case you'd have to get from NQY to Newquay.

Unless you're connecting into LHR from somewhere, I cannot see the appeal of flying to Cornwall in order to pick up the train; I'd be inclined to take the taxi onwards down the A30 to Penzance, or take the train all the way from London Paddington. A2B Taxis is the most frequently-used firm at NQY, there are others: https://www.a2bnewquay.com/
Old May 23, 2022, 8:20 am

Last year, I used to do IAD-LHR-NQY then train from Par to Newton Abbot. There is a good pub outside Par station whilst connecting.

I used the taxi from NQY to PAR which cost around 35 and was fixed price from memory. The taxi firm was the recommended one by the airport. They had my name on a board in the tiny airport arrivals room.

I could have taken Paddington to Newton Abbot too but it was consistently being cancelled when I was doing it (deepest darkest 2021)
Old May 23, 2022, 9:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Somewhere upthread there is a discussion of the infrequent bus service from the airport door to Newquay station. Viability depends on precise times and timekeeping. I took a taxi to the station, but a bus from the station to the airport.
salut0 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Well the BA flights to LHR end soon but FlyBe look like they take over the mantle ,just as LM end their routes from NQY https://www.flybe.com/en

Quick look seems two flights a day, one on weekends from 1st Nov

Last edited by davidcamp6; Aug 31, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ah, Flybe back to save the day at NQY like they did when they demised Air Southwest
ajamieson and skipness1E like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
Well the BA flights to LHR end soon but FlyBe look like they take over the mantle ,just as LM end their routes from NQY https://www.flybe.com/en

Quick look seems two flights a day, one on weekends from 1st Nov
LM are ending their routes because of Flybe, and issued a fairly scathing rebuke to NQY airport.

Having Flybe serve the route is all very well but they have as yet, no code share partners.
PZE likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 12:25 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Codeshares are a benefit, but I would rather have a schedule that supports business in the West Country providing regular and practical timings to LHR than the BA operation that was aimed solely at supporting all the Horatios' and Antigones' with their second homes or flying into Croydon.
Sealink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.