London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by gw76
Barely worth their while. Does any other route have such a short season?
Quite a few actually.

Terceira in the Azores in served 1x per week from 10th July to 28th August.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Barely worth their while. Does any other route have such a short season?
Previously the loads were quite full including sizeable Club Europe cabins, whilst loads are not as important as yields I guess BA wouldnt offer the route if it wasnt worth thEir while.

The disappointment at the announcement of Eastern and the fact they were flying to Gatwick as part of the PSO has got to indicate that theres traction in this route so time will tell.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Previously the loads were quite full including sizeable Club Europe cabins, whilst loads are not as important as yields I guess BA wouldnt offer the route if it wasnt worth thEir while.

The disappointment at the announcement of Eastern and the fact they were flying to Gatwick as part of the PSO has got to indicate that theres traction in this route so time will tell.
Im assuming loads were good previously at least partly because going abroad was such a pain. This year it might not be quite so easy to encourage people to holiday domestically.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 2:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Im assuming loads were good previously at least partly because going abroad was such a pain. This year it might not be quite so easy to encourage people to holiday domestically.

Not necessarily. 2 years ago there were travel corridors, no testing required to travel to places or to return to the UK. No self isolation or red hotels just a PLF to fill in so relatively easier than the present day and last summer. I guess the fact that its a pain to get to from London by road and rail helps.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Quite a few actually.

Terceira in the Azores in served 1x per week from 10th July to 28th August.
Again, well see if that lasts, although you can forgive it for a niche trial new route. What are the other routes with weeks for seasons you talk of?
NQY already culled further to weekend 3 /wk only.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott lifetime platinum
There was an item on BBC South West news tonight that the Eastern service to Gatwick is running about 40% full, leading to protests that Cornwall Council are part funding half empty planes flying about. It will be interesting to see if these load factors improve.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by SomersetCyder
There was an item on BBC South West news tonight that the Eastern service to Gatwick is running about 40% full, leading to protests that Cornwall Council are part funding half empty planes flying about. It will be interesting to see if these load factors improve.

hmmmm 40% LF in January during a pandemic !

add to that eastern arent operating using any through ticketing or codeshares ..

cs
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cornishsimon

add to that eastern arent operating using any through ticketing or codeshares ..
And that Eastern is more expensive than the train...
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:46 pm

Again, well see if that lasts, although you can forgive it for a niche trial new route. What are the other routes with weeks for seasons you talk of?
NQY already culled further to weekend 3 /wk only.
I believe these are the destinations served for the shortest period by BA:

Terceira - 10th July - 28th Aug

San Sebastin - 8th July - 2nd Sept

Ponta Delgada - 2nd July - 2nd Sept

Pristina - 2nd July - 4th Sept

Newquay - 1st July - 4th Sept

Skiathos - 20th June - 2nd Sept

Guernsey - 20th June - 2nd Sept

Quimper - 18th June - 4th Sept
Old Jan 18, 2022, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by SomersetCyder
For a month from early Feb they seem to have cut one of the two flights a day quoting poor sales. I know as I was supposed to be on one of them!

I dont think that will help loads as its now impossible to do a day return.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:56 am

Im looking at a B2B on this route, and have to buy separate tickets due to MCT. Do you think this is too risky?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I think youll be absolutely fine.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Despite my issues with NQY in the past which as you know I don't like to mention (), I agree with ajamieson there is no risk.

Like INV you exit landside, go back in and through security.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:57 pm

Thanks all.

In terms of worst case scenario, if the flight was significantly delayed, would I be let through security at NQY for the return, or would I have to meet conformance (aka 30 mins before the original departure time)?
Old Apr 10, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Thanks all.

In terms of worst case scenario, if the flight was significantly delayed, would I be let through security at NQY for the return, or would I have to meet conformance (aka 30 mins before the original departure time)?
Conformance is a LHR construct
The only risk is that security is closed if its the last departure of the night (Ive experienced this on a delayed B2B at INV but charmed them to reopen it). We were delayed on the inaugural but security remained open - perhaps one of the undocumented positives of NQY
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.