BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 3, 20, 2:46 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020

Outbound

Inbound

Airbus A319 operated

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 12, 20, 2:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

British Airways is launching a summer route between London Heathrow and Newquay, creating the only direct route to Heathrow with flights operating on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 2 July and 7 September 2020.

Source: https://mediacentre.britishairways.c...12085?ref=News

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Feb 12, 20 at 2:55 am
Old Feb 12, 20, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
BA to launch NQY

This will be a 5 weekly service, seasonal.

LHR 1805-1915 NQY (Mo&Fr)
LHR 0700-0810 NQY (Th)
LHR 0640-0750 NQY (Sa)
LHR 1910-2020 NQY (Su)

NQY 2015-2125 LHR (M&Fr)

NQY 0910-1020 LHR (Th)
NQY 0955-1105 LHR (Sa)
NQY 2125-2235 LHR (Su)

https://mediacentre.britishairways.c...12085?ref=News
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:00 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Fills in the Flybe gap on at least a part-basis.
​​Pesumably not viable at any other time of year?

A good thing, I'd say. The trains to Cornwall from London in the summer can be absolutely unbearable, especially when luggage is strewn everywhere in the aisles.
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice timings for a weekend away
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Hurray, but I do think it's a bit strange this has happened, it seems related to a comment that Willy Walsh made about FlyBe's implied support from HMG via the tax and duty system. When asked about whether BA would be willing to work the Public Service Obligation services, something of a trick question, he said he was willing to operate NQY without a subsidy but on a seasonal basis. Bit rich coming from him given the airport minimum load safety nets that BA has extracted from all over the globe, but that's another matter. Then all of a sudden, long after the Podgorica (etc) new routes, NQY turns up on the schedule. Anyway something tells me Simon will be happy, and perhaps we can have a Do there to support the new service.

Key fact however: service starts 2 July and ends 7 September 2020.
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
British Airways is launching a summer route between London Heathrow and Newquay, creating the only direct route to Heathrow with flights operating on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday between 2 July and 7 September 2020.
Arenít/werenít Flybe operating this route?
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:24 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Then all of a sudden, long after the Podgorica (etc) new routes, NQY turns up on the schedule. Anyway something tells me Simon will be happy, and perhaps we can have a Do there to support the new service..
Is he still around on the boards? After a fair amount of flack he took - i'm happy on his behalf!

Now let's see if any of the flights connect with the Isles of Scilly Skybus service from Newquay....
wrp96 and bisonrav like this.
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TedToToe View Post
Arenít/werenít Flybe operating this route?
Yes, FlyBe are moving the service to LGW.
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
Now let's see if any of the flights connect with the Isles of Scilly Skybus service from Newquay....
Doesn't appear to...
Old Feb 12, 20, 3:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

Simon Calder (the other Simon ) wrote in today's Indi,

"Less than four weeks after the troubled regional airline, Flybe, controversially revealed it was ending its flagship link from Newquay to Heathrow airport, British Airways has announced it will serve the route this summer."

"The British Airways move can be seen as an opportunistic use of spare capacity at a time when alternatives to road and rail are in demand. But it may also be interpreted as a snub to Flybe, which is currently negotiating for a UK government loan to keep flying."

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a9330936.html
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Additionally I think WW might be looking to stress test HMG/ HMRC's commitment to allowing delayed payments which they have said is available to any UK airline so they don;t break State Aid rules. I'm of the opinion that whilst BA/ IAG don't need the facility WW is inclined to run the route and demand the facility just for the sake of it ( whilst making a decent profit on the route over the summer months of course) as he is quite annoyed about the whole thing but not wanting to start a whole furore about the rights and wrong maybe we leave that there.
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
YAY! Depending on price that might be useful for us when flying from LHR. Not bookable yet... any idea when it will become bookable?
Old Feb 12, 20, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by snaxmuppet View Post
Not bookable yet... any idea when it will become bookable?
Just tried on the BA app and likewise doesnít seem to be available (and yep, I did check the dates were in the 2 month window).

Depending on the price it could be a very good 2-4 day weekend away - the timings work well even connecting from elsewhere in the UK at LHR.
Old Feb 12, 20, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
What aircraft ?
Old Feb 12, 20, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
What aircraft ?
A319

Search this Thread
Search Engine: