FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2021, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by SMcV
Are there any details published about the re-tender?

its all very strangely quiet tbh

i have suspicions……….

Nqy loved flybe, flybe mark2 are nearing being ready with staff, aircraft etc and no routes …..

when the tender was cancelled flybe weren’t in a position to bid etc

cs
Old Aug 25, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Anyone have any more info on connections after the start of winter timetable ?

cs
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
I wish I knew. It is very frustrating. The M5 last Friday was a joke from Bristol southbound, although the northbound from Wellington to WSM and then around Bristol was even worse. I just don't get Caravans, why have a 50K car and a chemical toilet? Surely you can afford a B&B?
tigertanaka, Thomathy and Schwann like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:17 am

Tell me about it.

im tempted to fit a bazooka to the roof of the car at work most shifts !

in all seriousness. I flew to heathrow on Monday and the flight was full with 6x4 CE. BA have slots to use at lhr

whats the issue ?

cs
Old Aug 25, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by davidcamp6
I wish I knew. It is very frustrating. The M5 last Friday was a joke from Bristol southbound, although the northbound from Wellington to WSM and then around Bristol was even worse. I just don't get Caravans, why have a 50K car and a chemical toilet? Surely you can afford a B&B?
Ha,ha! Some caravans inside are better than any B&B. We have a motorhome but I would not dream of taking it to Cornwall, as nice as it is. A lot of the county just isn’t suited to the passage of larger recreational vehicles. We flew down last month for a weekend and the place was rammed with them, it was hideous. But, each to their own, as they say!
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Tell me about it.

im tempted to fit a bazooka to the roof of the car at work most shifts !

in all seriousness. I flew to heathrow on Monday and the flight was full with 6x4 CE. BA have slots to use at lhr

whats the issue ?

cs
Me too. My experience of the flights year round is that they are always well patronised in both directions - surely this is easy business.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 1:55 am

Today is the final SHT 1350/1351 of the season being operated by A319 G-EUPU

sad to see that no London connection will exist to London after this and the summer seasonal U2 LGW route finishes

cs
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Today is the final SHT 1350/1351 of the season being operated by A319 G-EUPU

sad to see that no London connection will exist to London after this and the summer seasonal U2 LGW route finishes

cs
NQY in their final act of incompetence bashed the aircraft with a truck. They deemed it fine to fly, but on return to LHR the BA engineers decided it was no good to use - hence my delay now going to ABZ as we have had to find another aircraft.

I am almost impressed that despite my self imposed ban on NQY, they have still managed to find a way to get to me on the final day!
Old Sep 6, 2021, 7:31 am

I've been searching for information on what's happening with the PSO at NQY. Nothing new has been said, it's still up for tender and the last London flight finishes at the end of the month (I think). Could CCC be anymore incompetent?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:46 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
I've been searching for information on what's happening with the PSO at NQY. Nothing new has been said, it's still up for tender and the last London flight finishes at the end of the month (I think). Could CCC be anymore incompetent?
I guess it will be interesting to see if cancelling and restarting the process has given Flybe sufficient time to get together a bid to access the subsidy.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
Well we're in the middle of a worldwide health crisis and airlines have been bleeding money for the best part of 2 years. I'm not very much aware of the levels of competence of CCC but I think most airlines are busy trying to stem the haemorrhage first!
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC
The date for replying to the tender had been changed, and it is now tomorrow - so fingers crossed we might see some progress after that.
MatJarosz likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 6:13 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
The date for replying to the tender had been changed, and it is now tomorrow - so fingers crossed we might see some progress after that.
I seem to remember that the last process wasn't exactly a model of transparency - would we expect to have any visibility of which operators have expressed interest, or is complete silence until mid-October more likely?
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by PZE
I seem to remember that the last process wasn't exactly a model of transparency - would we expect to have any visibility of which operators have expressed interest, or is complete silence until mid-October more likely?

from Facebook

0Hi, that is the current start date planned by the Airport, the tenders are currently being considered. As soon as more information is confirmed, we'll advise via our social channels”.

in response to a query regarding the expected start date of end of October 21 for the London pso

cs
Old Sep 11, 2021, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by PZE
I guess it will be interesting to see if cancelling and restarting the process has given Flybe sufficient time to get together a bid to access the subsidy.
I hope they don't do that. I'll never understand why they want to bring back Flybe. It was an average airline that served NQY well to London but any other airline could fill in and the service would be the same. Hopefully we find out what's happening soon, maybe BA's lowcost option is viable? But I suspect it'll go to Logan, if they've submitted a bid.
citiflyerUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.