London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
I hope they don't do that. I'll never understand why they want to bring back Flybe. It was an average airline that served NQY well to London but any other airline could fill in and the service would be the same. Hopefully we find out what's happening soon, maybe BA's lowcost option is viable? But I suspect it'll go to Logan, if they've submitted a bid.
Im beyond caring who now, I just want any sort of plane! I would hope we get BA codeshares on the route though as it makes it so much easier to check baggage all the way through.
PZE likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:06 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
I hope they don't do that. I'll never understand why they want to bring back Flybe. It was an average airline that served NQY well to London but any other airline could fill in and the service would be the same. Hopefully we find out what's happening soon, maybe BA's lowcost option is viable? But I suspect it'll go to Logan, if they've submitted a bid.
Im not sure which they wants to bring FlyBe back, but it would be disappointing if the delay to the tender allowed them win it ahead of airlines that feel more reliable and established (particularly LM or BA). That said I agree with LimitingFactor that right now any service would be good and if it comes with decent through-ticketing then I dont much care what colour the aircraft are.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:28 am

Is there any update on the PSO? I believe EasyJet operated their last service from London last week meaning there is now no service from London scheduled at all.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Dont be so silly

NQY are still quoting that its being worked on to start October 21 !!!!

cs
Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:01 am
PZE

Pretty much every social media post by Newquay Airport generates an immediate question of yes but what about London? at the moment (I assume they arent all cornishsimon ) and the current stock reply is as follows:

we are still awaiting the
outcome of the London - Newquay
route for the PSO contract. We have
been advised that it should be
confirmed this month but at the
moment we don't have any further
details. As soon as we have it
confirmed we will release via social
media.

Tender process closed (after extension) on 10 September so more than half the period from then til theoretical launch on 31 October has passed - guess it will be delayed. Now that business travel/meetings in person have really restarted its becoming pretty inconvenient, even for those of us who quite like the train.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
So the posts on social media continue

every post from the airport gets the same, what about London, what about the south East, what about the pso !

and yet still nothing on a route they maintain is scheduled to start this month !!!!!!!

in other news the august figures show:
London split between BA and U2 7895
Manchester U2 and LM 8377

cs
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:27 am
PZE

*PSO UPDATE KLAXON*

https://www.cornwallairportnewquay.c...flights-update

To be honest, more of a PSO update sad trombone noise. Essentially there will now be announcement in early November (probably) and a start to services soon after. Which I guess means that in the third week of November we will either hear about a service starting January, or be promised an announcement by the end of November. Hoping this reflects negotiations on the detail of the service, not a further delay until Flybe are ready to go.

Off to book train tickets for 2x November trips to London now.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:54 am

Its being done by ccc love

lets be honest itll come down to whoever lines a few peoples pockets the most

the entire thing is just an utter shambles as usual

huge investment, huge runway, good demand and yet nothing

its quite pathetic

cs
MatJarosz likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Allegedly PSO has been awarded to Eastern Airways into Gatwick on an ATR 72 with 72 seats. Schedule and start date to be announced shortly.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:27 am
PZE

Struggling to find anything good to say about that news, except "at least it's not STN".

Assuming the terms of the PSO haven't been changed, 2 flights daily with a morning arrival into LGW by 8.45am and an evening departure after 6.30pm will meet the conditions. Unless Eastern start operating other routes from LGW or have a longer than expected turnaround time there, suggests they will have an ATR 72 available to depart NQY about 11am and needing to be back there about 5pm each day, so will be interesting to see how they deploy it - as far as I know they don't currently operate any other daily routes, just LBA on Monday and Friday.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The PSO should have been for Heathrow and Heathrow only....
KeaneJohn and SWflyguy like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Clestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
...an ATR 72 with 72 seats...
I don't know why I find this funny, but I do.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Allegedly PSO has been awarded to Eastern Airways into Gatwick on an ATR 72 with 72 seats. Schedule and start date to be announced shortly.
Are there ways to earn BA TP/Avios without connection to an onward BA flight? I can't see anything about rewards of any kind so I presume not but never know!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Not really. Eastern are not a BA codeshare partner at all anywhere else so I would be shocked if there were BA codeshares agreement on this route with them.
wilsnunn and HeyUpDuck like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:52 am

Unbelievable

if this is true it just goes to show that ccc and Nqy have a really short memory after the mess that eastern got them into around air southwest

very very poor show
cs
MatJarosz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.