FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2021, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Ahhhhh how I miss SZ

cs
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Ahhhhh how I miss SZ

cs
I miss Brymon to T1
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
I miss Brymon to T1
Judith Chalmers did a day trip from Plymouth to Newquay on Brymon Airways on Wish You Were Here ? for the princely sum of 11 return with fares from 11-14 return. Got no idea when it was on the television late 70s/early 80s maybe.?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 12:52 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I miss Brymon to T1
My first job was for Brymon. Working the night shift in maintenance. Always fun towing the twin otters, dash 7s and later 8s out early in the mornings.
allturnleft likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
I wonder if this has anything to do with the PSO or vice versa

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...n-the-job/amp/
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
It doesnt really read like hes leaving of his own choice does it !!!!!

cs
Old Nov 9, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Sounds like maybe a clash with Mr Jeans.

One of the lows he talked about might have been me pointing out that, instead of installing miles of tensa barriers, one way systems and endless signage about Covid it might have been better just to check there is soap in the toilets and open some of the windows.

I wonder whats next.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:50 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
The final paragraph rubs it in really:

"Newquay Cornwall Airport offers regular flights to 17 destinations including Faro, Gatwick, Heathrow, Dusseldorf, Belfast and Glasgow." [I'm not sure I'd use 'regular' to mean 'they come round for the same few months every year']

Could there have been some disagreement about the level of public support/criticism that the PSO announcement due in the next few days deserved?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC
So Eastern Airways have won the PSO and their LGW service will start in December. It will begin 1x a day, increase to 2x in Jan and peak at 3x in July/Aug. From Sept 2022 it will decrease back to 2x day.

So is this the end of BAs LHR-NQY?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
What a shame…eastern airways are useless! They bought Air Southwest years ago and after a few months shut the airline down. The seem to start routes up and drop them pretty quickly
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by BAeuro

So is this the end of BAs LHR-NQY?
No reason why it should be. The target market is entirely different. Eastern is a somewhat expensive, yet rubbish LCC, which will fly to LGW which is good for anyone going to, err, Gatwick.

BA will, during the summer season, offer flights to/from LHR, which full connectivity to the BA network and target people who want to fly from a convenient London airport, on a premium airline, at a good price, with onward easy connections.

Why Cornwall Council wishes to waste money on a rather rubbish proposition that offers little benefit over the train and offers zero connectivity is beyond me.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:47 am

As usual with ccc Im utterly baffled. The alternative bid being from BA to operate to LCY

I cant see why lhr flights wont continue seasonally but I can also see a LCY seasonal flight as a big middle finger to ccc

cs
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:46 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
As usual with ccc Im utterly baffled. The alternative bid being from BA to operate to LCY

I cant see why lhr flights wont continue seasonally but I can also see a LCY seasonal flight as a big middle finger to ccc

cs
Utterly bizarre that the LCY bid was rejected. I heard CCC say that it didnt meet the specifications of the tender. Do you know how it failed yet Easterns ATR72 to LGW does?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
So Eastern Airways have won the PSO and their LGW service will start in December. It will begin 1x a day, increase to 2x in Jan and peak at 3x in July/Aug. From Sept 2022 it will decrease back to 2x day.So is this the end of BAs LHR-NQY?
Why would it be? No commercial reason for them to stop, and they may even decide to expand the service anyway without a PSO guarantee.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:08 pm

No reason why it should be. The target market is entirely different. Eastern is a somewhat expensive, yet rubbish LCC, which will fly to LGW which is good for anyone going to, err, Gatwick.
To be fair, Gatwick is fine to then link with the Gatwick Express into Victoria for some London meetings etc. Pants for most other things though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.