FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
I've just seen that flights are being cancelled well into July on the LHR - NQY route, this is devastating news as I'm due in Cornwall for a family event (still going ahead as it appears COVID-19 measures are being relaxed majorly) and I'd rather risk a 1hr flight than 5hr train, and to top it off, I can't drive down as my car is already in Cornwall!!

At this rate, NQY will be non-existent, BA won't serve and I'll have to get the bloody train as there's no way in hell, I'm renting a car and putting down 1k deposit, really hope BA sort this soon as they can fly, restrictions are relaxed enough, it's a case of ensuring adequate protections as I'm sure there is plenty of demand.

hello my ansum. When are you due to fly to the motherland ?

cs
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by KARFA
numbers can be misleading. a domestic route with 100k passengers a year where there are 5 rotations a day with an A319 would be well under 25% load and unlikely to be profitable. loads are more relevant - this can be roughly worked out from public data. yields would be even more interesting, but that kind of information is commercially confidential.

well karfa my Twitter has been going nuts today. First off Eastern announce the most bizarre route of MME-NQY starting next month on the J41.

and tonight they have just released LBA-NQY again on the J41

now apart from the fact that ccc/Nqy have clearly forgotten about the entire air southwest/shh/eastern bodge up but it also means a new connection possibility for you.

Considering Nqy has the seasonal lhr route with suggestion of it going year round and all

LBA-LHR via NQY ??

cs
rapidex, KARFA and haroldnorwal like this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
Well I am still waiting patiently for BAs year round announcement...

Unless Loganair or Eastern have proposed a better offer which may start sooner, because the news is now calling it an unknown carrier.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:59 am

Now Im wondering if BA are waiting till they start the service to announce theyre taking on the PSO. Could be part of the inaugural flight celebration news.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Now Im wondering if BA are waiting till they start the service to announce theyre taking on the PSO. Could be part of the inaugural flight celebration news.
Probably more likely is that someone jumped the gun with the news and the final ink on any deal isnt actually signed.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
18th and 19th July cancelled. First flight now 24th July
Old Jun 27, 2020, 1:36 pm

The very first 2 flights are now operated by an A320 with sharklets and an A320neo. I guess this is because the exBMI A319s arent out of storage yet.

Itll be nice to see a NEO in Newquay though.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by speedbird85
18th and 19th July cancelled. First flight now 24th July
Do you know why they pushed it back another 6 days? Is it even believable that this route will operate in July?
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Pulling this is not clever, because with trains only able to offer 25% of usual capacity there is going to be no fall back option for most people for short notice cancellations.

As an example of current demand, we just ended up paying 4,000 for 2 rooms (1adult, 1 kid in each) for 3-nights over August bank holiday. Sea view and dinner included for that, to be fair .....
Old Jun 27, 2020, 6:23 pm

The only problem is that people arent keen on flying, so although domestic tourism is up, people can drive to Cornwall.

I am still doubtful that the 24th will go ahead.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 11:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Do you know why they pushed it back another 6 days? Is it even believable that this route will operate in July?
Only found out when I received the cancellation emails.
Looked at changing the flight dates but the accommodation Id booked is flexible on dates, but not refundable and fully booked now until end of September.
Train is 6 hours each way from where I live so not worth it for a weekend.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 9:41 am

I guess we wont have an idea if the 24th July will go ahead until 2 weeks before.

I know times are very different but can we expect any inaugural flight celebrations?
Old Jun 28, 2020, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I guess we won’t have an idea if the 24th July will go ahead until 2 weeks before.

I know times are very different but can we expect any inaugural flight celebrations?
Given that the service ends on 7th September, I doubt it's worth splashing out for a cake!
Old Jul 1, 2020, 2:22 am

The only problem is that people aren’t keen on flying, so although domestic tourism is up, people can drive to Cornwall.
This is exactly what I'm doing, I've had enough of BA changing the damn dates, I've rented a car and will drive instead.

This isn't ideal as I own a car in Cornwall, the rental car is costing me more from rental fees, fuel, and my existing car than the flight, even if you take into account the expense of refreshments at LHR, cost and time of getting the tube (transferring at dreaded Green Park!!) to the airport and taxi at NQY to my home.

If I can somehow arrange for someone to drive my car back up with us or drop off the rental somewhere in Cornwall, I'll do that as if this is the new normal, I'd rather not go through this bollocks again.
Originally Posted by Raffles
As an example of current demand, we just ended up paying 4,000 for 2 rooms (1adult, 1 kid in each) for 3-nights over August bank holiday. Sea view and dinner included for that, to be fair .....
I'm in the wrong business, I should let out my house with private beach and pier (boat not included) for 3,000 for 3 nights (as no dinner included), I'd rake it in by the sounds of it.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:03 am

I bring good news! Newquay is going year round! It will be a daily flight.
Silver Fox, eh220160 and HeyUpDuck like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.