Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
Originally Posted by nancypants

that seems to give me lightbulbs and car parts for some reason
Try searching ebay.co.uk, not ebay.com.au
nancypants and thebigben like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
The shirt over hoodie bit is weird, but I do like to go down the cabins on long flights, not to show off, but just to stretch my legs.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
The new amenity kits don't look that special, which is okay... I'm not tempted to keep them like the Liberty ones.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by JayeJ
The new amenity kits don't look that special, which is okay... I'm not tempted to keep them like the Liberty ones.
i wasn’t impressed by the look of the chaps one (from afar), but the ladies one is nice enough. However it’s not as hardwearing as the liberty one for sure, I can’t see it doing the heavy duties in the same way
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Mordac
The shirt over hoodie bit is weird, but I do like to go down the cabins on long flights, not to show off, but just to stretch my legs.
I don't think passengers should be wandering into other cabins during a flight, regardless of the class of travel. It seems a little arrogant for premium passengers to think that they can disturb economy passengers in that already-overcrowded cabin but economy passengers can't reciprocate.
PAL62V, wrp96, u01sss3 and 7 others like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Misco60
I don't think passengers should be wandering into other cabins during a flight, regardless of the class of travel. It seems a little arrogant for premium passengers to think that they can disturb economy passengers in that already-overcrowded cabin but economy passengers can't reciprocate.
Do you mean that doing my morning yoga in the WT exit row is inappropriate?
RoyalSwazi, ens100, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by krispy84

Do you mean that doing my morning yoga in the WT exit row is inappropriate?
as long as you do it in your first pyjamas it’s ok 😉
IAN-UK, RoyalSwazi, ens100 and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by nancypants

as long as you do it in your first pyjamas it’s ok 😉
I like to do my bit to entertain the people in the cheap seats.
RoyalSwazi and SaturdayKid like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by krispy84

I like to do my bit to entertain the people in the cheap seats.
mr pants would say “think of it as your go anywhere card”. He can be a bit of a turd sometimes!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:32 am

The shirt over hoodie bit is weird.
Maybe he was a kite surfer. Some of them wear boardshorts over their wetsuits!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Misco60
How does walking down the aisle disturb anyway? It's not like I go around waking up sleeping people.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:58 am

How does walking down the aisle disturb anyway? It's not like I go around waking up sleeping people.
maybe you should? And say “don’t you know who I am?” for good measure- might unlock the achievement of appearing in this thread 😉
IAN-UK, RoyalSwazi, ens100 and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I went a bit Diva yesterday in the T5 lounge and told some bloke to wake up & get his feet off a chair. It was a complete zoo with people circling looking for anything and my mini meltdown felt GREAT..
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I went a bit Diva yesterday in the T5 lounge and told some bloke to wake up & get his feet off a chair. It was a complete zoo with people circling looking for anything and my mini meltdown felt GREAT..
Good on you. That's very rude even at the best of times.
watersign likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:23 am

Not perhaps a direct DYKWIA moment, more just a general sense of self-importance.
But I'm currently sat in Glasgow airport BA lounge while one man shouts loudly down his phone about something related to work (tedious work at that, nothing juicy).
That was bad enough, but the other 'gentleman' near me is now shouting down his phone, but also has the other person on loudspeaker so I get to hear them talking as well.

I've had a stressful morning, so am pleased I managed to not get involved in chastising either of them.

They've both now stopped, within seconds of each other. So I guess I should be grateful I didn't make a scene!
Do You Know How Restrained I Was?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.