G-NEOW
G-NEOX
G-NEOY
G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
That's bollocks no matter how much you try to say "tongue-in-cheek". EZY generally try their best to keep thing moving. In 2.5 years of regular MAN-AMS-MAN travelling, I've only ever had 3 cancellations. And they have been due to atrocious weather at AMS.

With literally hundreds of flights with EZY over the years I myself have never once had a canx and only a couple times have I had a delay of about an hour or so & never any longer. I also dont doubt they try their best ( aside from their GHA's who are notorious in conveniently disappearing at the slightest hint of even a single flight messing up). However if there are issues, whom evers or whatever the fault they are known to cancel whole trances of flights out of LGW & LTN. I personally like the airline and they've taken me and the OH off on many an adventure and imho I think they get more stick than they often deserve but from their london bases at least they DO cancel multiple flights at once as a commercial decision & it's widely known. I said "tongue-in-cheek" because I meant it that way and with some affectionate ribbing towards them as a carrier but it's also not "bollocks"

Whilst factors outside of their control in the example in the link EZY will, as policy, simply canx eg nearly the entire 1st run of flights to see how things pan out and take it from there whereas others will canx those they know don't have a chance and keep the other flights live and try get them off ( with of course vary degrees of success). Which is the best approach is a different conversation.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articl...lights-in-june
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp

I find holding my flight mode enabled smartphone close to the window to pick up a GPS location on Google maps does the trick when there’s no moving map!

and if you want the altitude, go to the compass.
slightly OT:

I discovered this (‘passive’ GPS still works in airplane mode) a few years back after a flight back from the US with an iPhone 6 - all the photos in the Photos/iPhoto app were geolocated more or less correctly along the flight path back from California. Very helpful! I’m not sure when it was included on the iPhone for the first time, as I went from the 5 to 6, but it would have been either the 5S or 6. Prior to this, geolocation required airplane mode to be turned off.

This doesnt always work with Google maps for me, I’m not sure quite why. Coming back from AMS recently it tracked me fine in airplane mode until over the North Sea, then lost the position and gave me a 200-odd mile grey circle of error.
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC "I'm blue Da ba dee da ba di", Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp

I find holding my flight mode enabled smartphone close to the window to pick up a GPS location on Google maps does the trick when there’s no moving map!

and if you want the altitude, go to the compass.
Also slightly OT
My DIY Moving Map apps (on Android) are:
OsmAnd with previously downloaded maps of the regions I'm supposed to cross. Just recently learned that there is an iOS version, my iPad doesn't have GPS anyway.
GPS Status & Toolbox to find out where the problems are when GPS reception fails (usually not enough satellites).

I discovered that GPS works in airplane mode when I wanted to match roads and rivers to the offline maps when suddenly the location arrow appeared and the map zoomed in.
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.

Last edited by dagohh; Aug 18, 2018 at 9:22 am Reason: OT remark
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Had my first flight on the A320NEO. Engine sound very different to the CEO engines and so quiet overall, even during takeoff. Impressive, really! Cabin divider was unserviceable + partly missing, curtain at front galley was also unserviceable. Seats were hard as a stone (maybe because they are new?). My back hurt after 30 minutes. And I haven’t had this in an airplane before. No screens and no middle table make it feel cheap though especially since it is a new plane. It feels like a step back.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:00 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I just realised that this exact layout is essentially copied from IB...

that said those slimlines are okay for a one hour flight but proves to be very uncomfortable for anything more!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I just realised that this exact layout is essentially copied from IB...

that said those slimlines are okay for a one hour flight but proves to be very uncomfortable for anything more!
Yes. There is even signs in Spanish all over the place...
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by florens
Had my first flight on the A320NEO. Engine sound very different to the CEO engines and so quiet overall, even during takeoff. Impressive, really! Cabin divider was unserviceable + partly missing, curtain at front galley was also unserviceable. Seats were hard as a stone (maybe because they are new?). My back hurt after 30 minutes. And I haven’t had this in an airplane before. No screens and no middle table make it feel cheap though especially since it is a new plane. It feels like a step back.
in terms of engine noise here is take off and also a short bit of the climb

Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
With literally hundreds of flights with EZY over the years I myself have never once had a canx and only a couple times have I had a delay of about an hour or so & never any longer. I also dont doubt they try their best ( aside from their GHA's who are notorious in conveniently disappearing at the slightest hint of even a single flight messing up). However if there are issues, whom evers or whatever the fault they are known to cancel whole trances of flights out of LGW & LTN. I personally like the airline and they've taken me and the OH off on many an adventure and imho I think they get more stick than they often deserve but from their london bases at least they DO cancel multiple flights at once as a commercial decision & it's widely known. I said "tongue-in-cheek" because I meant it that way and with some affectionate ribbing towards them as a carrier but it's also not "bollocks"

Whilst factors outside of their control in the example in the link EZY will, as policy, simply canx eg nearly the entire 1st run of flights to see how things pan out and take it from there whereas others will canx those they know don't have a chance and keep the other flights live and try get them off ( with of course vary degrees of success). Which is the best approach is a different conversation.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articl...lights-in-june
Consider yourself lucky. Reluctantly took six sectors on Easyjet in the last year and two of them were cancelled forcing overnight stays (in BFS and ZUR). Then EZY argue over EU261 claims. Both won through the CEDR disputes process (taking much persistence over 6 months). Even more reluctant to fly EZY now.......
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I don't want to repeat posts, but in another thread I mentioned a chat with the SCCM on my flight who reported some repeated complaints about the new seating. She particularly mentioned that on recent NCE flights, C was (as is frequent on the route) large enough that it extended well into the non-reclining part of the aircraft and that customers in the back rows of C were furious.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I don't want to repeat posts, but in another thread I mentioned a chat with the SCCM on my flight who reported some repeated complaints about the new seating. She particularly mentioned that on recent NCE flights, C was (as is frequent on the route) large enough that it extended well into the non-reclining part of the aircraft and that customers in the back rows of C were furious.
I thought the CE cabin was capped at 12 rows (A320) and 14 rows (A321) and the Pinnacle seats are until row 12 and 14, respectively. Are you saying those flights would have been with an even larger CE cabin?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by florens
I thought the CE cabin was capped at 12 rows (A320) and 14 rows (A321) and the Pinnacle seats are until row 12 and 14, respectively. Are you saying those flights would have been with an even larger CE cabin?
That was my understanding too. However if there is a late equipment substitution then I guess all bets are off.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I've read this on FT multiple times, but we regularly have a lot more than 12-14 rows of CE on NCE flights on 320s and 321s respectively (without equipment change). I have had ET start at row 18 on some of my flights this year and in the past. Not sure if those are exceptions?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
I doubt these are exceptions as I have often had CE extending to row 14 plus on the HEL run. Whether we like it or not CE does seem to be popular, that or there are a lot of ex EU flights that need to be catered for. We will find out in the next couple of years as the NEO's increase whether BA's choices have worked or not.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM/LT GLD, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I've read this on FT multiple times, but we regularly have a lot more than 12-14 rows of CE on NCE flights on 320s and 321s respectively (without equipment change). I have had ET start at row 18 on some of my flights this year and in the past. Not sure if those are exceptions?
I thought that was impossible on the NEOs due to lack of storage space for the CE food?
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by AmericanLawyer
I thought that was impossible on the NEOs due to lack of storage space for the CE food?
Easily solved by randomly selecting a few passengers and telling them that no meals have been loaded for them because they: booked too late / booked too early / chose a special meal / did not choose a special meal (delete as appropriate).
fartoomanyusers and wrp96 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.