Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FLUB class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FLUB class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Jzlerner
Also, does anyone know when/if Flub seats show up in MMB? Currently only showing regular Club layout 3.5 days before flight
When BA operate a three class service on a four class aircraft, when looking on ExpertFlyer Ive always seen the F seats on the map months out, but showing as blocked. I think they only become visible as part of the Club World cabin on BA channels when its being used.

The Monday BA166 shows Flub being used (all eight seats assigned) and the 164 shows them blocked at this point.

Last edited by makin'miles; Jul 16, 2022 at 1:05 am
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by makin'miles
Im on a TLVLHR flight in a few days time. FLUB is being used pretty consistently these days, as services are very full.

In the BA app, I see that my seat is the Club World seat Ive chosen and the eight First seats as full/unavailable. However, on ExpertFlyer the seat map shows six of the F seats assigned and two blocked, with my current seat vacant.

Im guessing something may be afoot with FLUB, but doesnt the app usually show when youve been moved?
Just coming back to update that I was seated in F on this flight: my online boarding pass didnt update until after the airport issued a paper boarding pass.

I was also Flubbed on a LHRYYZ later the same day. Again, I did nothing but my electronic boarding pass did update a few hours before.

I never noticed F seats on either leg come available for selection, so just did nothing. Being a solo Gold member likely helped.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm flying to MCO from LHR on Wednesday and the First section looks like it just opened up on our 3 class service.

We are 4 adults, 2 kids (2 gold and a silver) and would hate to be split up if we were moved back to Club, but also am not impartial to a gamble and would also be kicking myself if F was used and we were not sitting in it.

Availability for our flight is currently J9 C9 D5 R4 I4 W9 E5 T0 Y9 B3 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0

According to EF all seats in F are showing as available apart from 2 which are blocked. In main CW there are 2 showing as available with 10 blocked.

I cannot choose it anyhow. Would it be worth calling or would we not be eligible due to travelling with 3 blue members.

Despite dozens of Club and First flights, this is my very first experience of the FLUB lottery
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Flub is only open if CW is full and the extra seats are needed - so based on the flight availability that doesn't look likely at all here.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Flub is only open if CW is full and the extra seats are needed - so based on the flight availability that doesn't look likely at all here.
Get that and have been checking daily for the last month or so.....

First have always been blocked, until today and all the seats (bar 2) are now white.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by kingcole974
Get that and have been checking daily for the last month or so.....

First have always been blocked, until today and all the seats (bar 2) are now white.
So what's likely is that it's now under airport control and that opens up the map for airport staff to use should they require it (hence the change on EF, but not on MMB). But I agree with KARFA, with loads like yours it's extremely unlikely.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
So what's likely is that it's now under airport control and that opens up the map for airport staff to use should they require it (hence the change on EF, but not on MMB). But I agree with KARFA, with loads like yours it's extremely unlikely.
Understood. Will hold tight for now as our seats are pretty decent in the main cabin. If there is some miraculous flurry of last minute bookings, is our group likely to be one that would qualify or is in only golds/silvers?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Could be a fair few amount of staff on standby / concessions with Club entitlement.... I wouldn't be surprised if CW got to full / over ?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AA FF
Good Afternoon,

Please forgive if I need to post to another thread, if that is the case - a link to proper thread would be appreciated. I am flying round trip - MCO LHR JNB in November. I have 2 flights confirmed in J (MCO LHR roundtrip) and 2 flights confirmed in F (LHR JNB round trip). All 4 flights have seats confirmed and show up in my MMB as selected so far - I log in and check every day... I have been reading all the posts and trying to anticipate any possible issues from the expertise of the FlyerTalk community. BA 204 has always appeared a three class and I am very happy with my seat as selected as 2A - if there are changes to a 4 class - could I be bumped to another seat/off the flight? I would love any feedback on this so I can be best prepared. I have five flights in total each way which are dependent on connections. In addition, when I log in to my BA Exec Account, I always go to the Upcoming Flights screen which has my confirmed seat in the summary - but rarely go further into the seat plan screen under "view/change" - should I be doing that as well?
Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:28 am
Original Member

I'm flying to MCO from LHR on Wednesday and the First section looks like it just opened up on our 3 class service.

We are 4 adults, 2 kids (2 gold and a silver) and would hate to be split up if we were moved back to Club, but also am not impartial to a gamble and would also be kicking myself if F was used and we were not sitting in it.

Availability for our flight is currently J9 C9 D5 R4 I4 W9 E5 T0 Y9 B3 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0

According to EF all seats in F are showing as available apart from 2 which are blocked. In main CW there are 2 showing as available with 10 blocked.

I cannot choose it anyhow. Would it be worth calling or would we not be eligible due to travelling with 3 blue members.

Despite dozens of Club and First flights, this is my very first experience of the FLUB lottery
Im on Thursdays flight to Mouse Land. Currently still showing in MMB as blocked, but like you Im keeping an eye on things. We have seats we are happy with in CW regardless.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Tim_T
Im on Thursdays flight to Mouse Land. Currently still showing in MMB as blocked, but like you Im keeping an eye on things. We have seats we are happy with in CW regardless.
It's now changed on EF to totally blocked again but there are now on 7 (was 13 earlier) empty seats and of those, 6 are blocked.

It all adds an element of excitement
Tim_T and mikeyfly like this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:37 am

At T-24 EF is showing J2.
First is showing as blocked
There are still 7 seats in club, albeit 6 of them blocked, but some of the blocked ones could be selected by me

My take on this is that they have decided to keep F closed off. If I am mistaken though, is there any best advice to maximise ones chances of getting moved?

1. Check in and print boarding passes
2. Check in but don't print them
3. Not check in at all
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I am rooting for you on this one ! I checked twice today already kingcole974 !

I still believe there's a chance WTP could get full on overflow from Y, or maybe folk buying into WTP at check in... rolling people forward into J, alongside staff travellers making J roll into F... maybe I am wrong.. I'd say check in and don't print boarding passes
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
At T-24 EF is showing J2.
First is showing as blocked
There are still 7 seats in club, albeit 6 of them blocked, but some of the blocked ones could be selected by me

My take on this is that they have decided to keep F closed off. If I am mistaken though, is there any best advice to maximise ones chances of getting moved?

1. Check in and print boarding passes
2. Check in but don't print them
3. Not check in at all
Option 2, definitely. J2 is a good sign, depending on what is happening in the cabins behind (last minute bookings, reaccoms and staff travel).
Old Aug 16, 2022, 6:47 am

Shall check in now but won't download or print a thing. You can be sure that I shall report back
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.