Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by botham
I’m booked on Thursday’s BA253. When might rows 1 & 2 become available, which are currently greyed out, but not for sale or U/G?
Unless something changes dramatically, there is no requirement for FLUB to be used on this flight. If it were required, BA flight management will select passengers from CW to be moved to these seats based on status order usually.
LondonAussie likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 3:50 pm

F downgrade

Interested to know if a reverse of FLUB ever happens - perhaps where F is sold but then a 4 class gets swapped for a 3 class witj no F cabin. What happens?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
First customers are downgraded to CW and CW to WT plus.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:25 am

I apreciate that it's a long way out and things may well change, but I'm booked LHR-DEN in Jan 2023 and the aircraft is shown as 781 in both directions. AIUI, all BA's 781s have F, but F isn't available for sale on that route. Given the reduction in F seats across the fleet, it seems strange to allocate a brand-new aircraft to a route without offering the seats for sale.

What's going on? Is the aircraft likely to be changed nearer the date, leaving me with the old CW seats? Will F tickets be released once BA has firmed-up which aircraft it will use so it won't face the risk of 75% refunds? Will the F cabin simply be closed? Should I keep my eye open for a chance of FLUB ? Or are any of the above possible?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

I think any of the above are possible ( ie using the F cabin as Flub) at this time apart from F tickets going on sale as I do not think BA will do F to Den currently

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by aahjnnot
I apreciate that it's a long way out and things may well change, but I'm booked LHR-DEN in Jan 2023 and the aircraft is shown as 781 in both directions. AIUI, all BA's 781s have F, but F isn't available for sale on that route. Given the reduction in F seats across the fleet, it seems strange to allocate a brand-new aircraft to a route without offering the seats for sale.

What's going on? Is the aircraft likely to be changed nearer the date, leaving me with the old CW seats? Will F tickets be released once BA has firmed-up which aircraft it will use so it won't face the risk of 75% refunds? Will the F cabin simply be closed? Should I keep my eye open for a chance of FLUB ? Or are any of the above possible?
I flew LHR-DEN in December and got Flubbed on a 789. The F Cabin only had a few people in it, I was one of the lucky ones. I had selected row 12 or somesuch, and shortly before departure noticed I had been moved to 2A but had no idea why until I remembered about Flub, and sure enough...
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:59 am

Both flights will be on a Saturday and, given the numbers of affluent leisure travellers heading to the local ski resorts at that time of year, I would expect the flight to be busy and for CW to be pretty full. Fingers crossed for a FLUB in at least one direction, and hopefully Gold status (thank you, BA, for your holidays double tier point offer!) will make me more likely to snag one of the posh seats. It's disappointing that F isn't available on any airline to any of the principal ski destinations, but a free hard product upgrade would go a long way to offset my disappointment.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 2:55 pm

First class seats available to reserve with Club booking?

Hi all
I have an upcoming booking on the 777 with club suites upgrade. First is not used on the route so I expected rows 1 and 2 to be blocked out, but they appear to be available to reserve (my booking is in Club).

Is this normal for routes without the First service? If so I presume that the service would be Club but in the First seats (which sounds great) but I am hesitant to book rows 1 or 2 and then get moved later due to this being a glitch. Travelling with my wife so we'd book the middle seats. Any insight appreciated!

Cheers
JB
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Exec Blue
Book them. Worst case scenario, they move you later.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by johnbonham
Hi all
I have an upcoming booking on the 777 with club suites upgrade. First is not used on the route so I expected rows 1 and 2 to be blocked out, but they appear to be available to reserve (my booking is in Club).

Is this normal for routes without the First service? If so I presume that the service would be Club but in the First seats (which sounds great) but I am hesitant to book rows 1 or 2 and then get moved later due to this being a glitch. Travelling with my wife so we'd book the middle seats. Any insight appreciated!

Cheers
JB
Known as FLUB on this forum. There is an extensive thread on this and some get lucky, many do not so it's a gamble really.

FLUB class (travel in F cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft) - FlyerTalk Forums
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hiya,
I’m flying from LHR to GCM (BA253) in club world this summer (on I think an 777-200ER), and although they don’t sell first class tickets on this route, I noticed that rows 1-2 are available to choose from, on top of the normal club world seats. But when trying to select 1 of the 8 seats (in the supposed first cabin), the BA website tells me there’s an “error” and to “try again later”. Does anyone know if this is a glitch in ba’s website or if this is a real Flub, what to do to secure these seats?
at the moment I’m BAEC silver if that makes any difference

Last edited by jky345; Feb 17, 2022 at 5:52 pm
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
If you have preferable seats in J, stay still. I had a bulkhead 7K seat with aisle access in J on a 789 and moved to 1K when it became available. I was unceremoniously moved back to 14F when the F cabin was taken off again and ended up with a lesser window seat in the main J cabin. Until OLCI, do not assume the F cabin will be operated.
LondonAussie and jky345 like this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
with old club I'd be wary, but I understand there are few if any real 'bad' seats with club suite so personally I'd try to bag them and shrug to myself gently if I get moved. As PETER01 says, it's a gamble, so it really depends if "losing" and being put in other seats would upset you or cause any issues.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
BA204 MCO-LHR First cabin available at all or entirely blocked?

Hello, a question for BA experts to help an AA guy:

BA204 this summer doesn’t have first class for sale but the plane in use, per ExpertFlyer, appears to have a First cabin (all seats blocked).

Does anyone know whether BA will seat customers in said cabin? E.g. BA Gold, AA ConciergeKey? Or does it remain unused?

Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
If they sell more club seats than they have clubs seats available then some people will be able to sit in the 1st class seats but get the club service

If club is not oversold then it will remain closed
tismfu and SxMan like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.