Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
What do we think my chances are? Party of three, two gold one silver. Reckon FLUB will open?

I would imagine a degree of FLUB as the flight looks busy. In terms of your chances, I’m unsure if they’d allocate any silver pax into FLUB which could impact your overall chances.

Keep an eye on the seat map and ask at the airport.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I'd say that's a definite for FLUB and some happy magic beeps at the gate for people in Y and W. By all means try to grab the seats if they open up after T-72 but they might bump you back.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
I'd say that's a definite for FLUB and some happy magic beeps at the gate for people in Y and W. By all means try to grab the seats if they open up after T-72 but they might bump you back.
Still blocked in F…. I expect it to open, and no concern to be shunted back as IMO all CS seats fairly equal and we don’t care where we sit..
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:37 am

Flub yyz-lhr

Just returned from YYZ. Booked in WTP and bracing ourselves for short red eye lack of any sleep. Got an OpUp at the gate for both of us (both gold) and ended up in FLUB 1K and 2K. Made the journey far more bearable. Interesting to note BA never opened up FLUB for booking and managed seat changes at the gate.

Side note: Anyone know what level of tier points we will get for this? Presume WTP points?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
WTP - so 90 TPs.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Still blocked in F…. I expect it to open, and no concern to be shunted back as IMO all CS seats fairly equal and we don’t care where we sit..
We were auto FLUBBED at the gate, all three ! Into 1A to boot
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:19 am

FLUB today as predicted LHR-NBO
Old Sep 11, 2022, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tdgraves
FLUB today as predicted LHR-NBO
also FLUB’d on that route, landed this morning, so assume the day after you. Interestingly this FLUB had first class amenity kits and bedding, though food was Club. Previously when flub’ed the bedding and amenity were club.

was quite surprised to be flub’d given it was a reward flight with 241.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 2:21 pm
Original Member

Our FLUB in august to Orlando had FC bedding and headphones, club amenity kit however.

we were also a 241 reward booking
Old Sep 13, 2022, 11:45 am

Flight tomorrow - am single GCH in CW. So hopeful of getting bumped to FLUB (WTP currently appears to have one vacant seat).

Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by RadioFlyer7
Flight tomorrow - am single GCH in CW. So hopeful of getting bumped to FLUB (WTP currently appears to have one vacant seat).

Did OLCI early, without getting boarding card. Asked at airport check in if rows 1 and 2 might open up, and if so would be great to get 1K or 2K. They said it was on the cusp depending on no shows etc., that they couldn't do anything themselves as system was automated, but that GCHs would be the ones to benefit if 1 and 2 did open up.

They then printed off my boarding card, and it had automatically moved me to 1K. They said that that would now stick, and that I wouldn't be moved back to my old CW seat. An excellent result.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:28 am

First seats on 787-9 where no first is used

Does anyone know of the rationale/process behind the use of F seats on the 787-9 on routes where no F is sold but the physical product is available? Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I heard that on occasion these seats are assigned to Golds who have booked J seats?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
FLUB class (travel in F cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft)
Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They will remain vacant until the CW cabin is 100% full, if they need to use them you maybe lucky to get one but there is no guarantee.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:30 pm

I enjoyed this Privilege a few weeks ago when WTP was rammed and I was not only placed in CW, but also seated in 2K … I’m silver, full fare revenue ticket (as I was out and back in 48 hours) … lovely surprise, lovely crew, and lovely experience too !
efincomputer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.