Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA
Travelling with wife in CW next month (777, old Club World showing in 4-class aircraft, no First sold). Seat choice map showing very few seats available and none of them would let us sit together. Any chance the map is not showing the true availability of seats in CW ? I.e. do BA allocate seats in advance, not making them available for others to select ?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer_01_73
Travelling with wife in CW next month (777, old Club World showing in 4-class aircraft, no First sold). Seat choice map showing very few seats available and none of them would let us sit together. Any chance the map is not showing the true availability of seats in CW ? I.e. do BA allocate seats in advance, not making them available for others to select ?
If you read the thread you will get all the answers you need.

No BA do not allocate the F cabin in advance.
No you cannot influence being moved into FLUB if the cabin is used on the day, BA Gold will help but even then its not a given. Assume to be flying in your paid cabin.
DiamondMile likes this.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Sep 21, 2022 at 7:04 pm
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
I didn't report at the time, but early in July I got FLUB going to YYZ.

F Was blocked when I checked in, I kept checking the seat map and noticed F was being used. Went to guest services in the lounge and they made a few calls "there's a list, I'm not allowed to move you".

About 45 mins later I was moved from the last row of Club (rebooked day before) to 2K. I was delayed over 24 hours, but BA redeemed themselves with that!

Coming back FLUB wasn't used, I did ask on board but got a firm "NO" off the IFM.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bluemoon68
also FLUB’d on that route, landed this morning, so assume the day after you. Interestingly this FLUB had first class amenity kits and bedding, though food was Club. Previously when flub’ed the bedding and amenity were club.

was quite surprised to be flub’d given it was a reward flight with 241.
mine was a 241 too! However, only club amenities. Back last night on a 777 CS and some were also in FLUB, but not us this time.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My FLUB had First bedding in the overhead, which I used and made the bed myself
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:42 pm

My FLUB on Friday to Orlando (G-VIIY) was the same (bedding and headset). Just me and a young couple in F, they may have been staff or clingons as they were very quiet. Best thing was having almost exclusive use of the (flower-less) F toilet.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:20 am

My friend and I (both GCH) were moved into FLUB on our recent flights to and from TLV. The cabin was blocked at check in on both flights, but we were moved a few hours before departure and before we got to the airport on each occasion. 6/8 seats were occupied on the outbound, and all 8 on the return. On the outbound a lady sitting in the mini CW cabin was most put out that she hadn't been moved into F and made quite a fuss about it, but the crew insisted that they couldn't move her. She did then proceed to use the F loo quite a lot during the flight, as did quite a few other people in the mini cabin.

Another point of reference, a friend (also GCH) was also moved into FLUB on a recent Delhi flight.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
All CW customers can you the forward toilet if FLUB is used, all seats in the CW must remain full for the First cabin to be used, I’m pleased the crew followed the rules in refusing the move.
KARFA and sammyg901 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Can I help you
All CW customers can you the forward toilet if FLUB is used, all seats in the CW must remain full for the First cabin to be used, I’m pleased the crew followed the rules in refusing the move.
Out of interest, do BA crew call this scenario "FLUB" or it is just known as "opening First cos Club is full?!"
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They wouldn’t have a scooby what FLUB meant. 😂
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I know they can, I was just quite surprised at how many people kept coming up, rather than going to where there was more than one toilet to choose from, it seemed like there was a continual queue
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know you didn’t meant they cannot, the curtains should remain open and most people have a tendency to go forward to find a toilet.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:44 am

First seats in Club

I travelled Toronto to Heathrow recently and noticed the flight had a first cabin for business tickets. How do you book the first seats? Is this limited to Gold cards? I don’t believe that there was a First service on the flight.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes this is known as FLUB when a four class aircraft operates on a route which doesn’t actually sell F

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aircraft.html

basic principles are that the first cabin isn’t used unless club is full and the extra seats are needed, and even if you sit there you get club service.
efincomputer likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC

Notice BA205 on Thursday to MCO has been flubbed - hope I end up being one of the lucky ones!
Sealink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.