Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Looking at this flight there should be one and one only in the First cabin.
So FLUB is open and I can’t see how busy it is is but it seems that there are a number of people in there.

We meanwhile got moved at the gate but backwards! Thankfully not to PE but to the larger J cabin. The explanation was that there is a fault with the entertainment in our original seats but I can see someone seated in at least one of them. (I know, might be staff traveller given the faulty seat, but this is the third time this has happened to me so I am a bit suspicious!)

oh and the attendant in this cabin has started taking orders from the back, whereas we of course are at the front. Guess it’ll be Hobson’s
choice for dinner tonight!
Old May 26, 2023, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Meal orders are taken 4 corners not front to back and will be collated in the galley.
Old May 26, 2023, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There maybe more than one in First as what I can see doesn’t even show anyone had boarded so obviously out of date.
Old May 27, 2023, 7:21 am

There maybe more than one in First as what I can see doesn’t even show anyone had boarded so obviously out of date.
FLUB was full - I went through to the 1L toilet to check

I also saw that the entertainment in both the seats we had pre-assigned was working just fine, though that was the reason we were given for being moved. It is pretty annoying to be lied to when they make changes like this!

On a much more positive note, the crew was great, very engaged, responsive and friendly, and the food was surprisingly good!
Old May 27, 2023, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everything may not be exactly as it seems, the IFE problem could have been fixed or the sound only partially working and the seats occupied my staff?
flygirl68 likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 9:14 am

Everything may not be exactly as it seems, the IFE problem could have been fixed or the sound only partially working and the seats occupied my staff?
Nope, both had headphones on and were watching movies. I suspect that in the FLUB upgrades that everything got
thrown up in the air and we somehow got moved. our new seats were fine (though I had chosen the originals for a reason of course) but I am very sceptical that they deployed the faulty IFE excuse having sat through that a few times myself recently!

Last edited by aristoph; May 27, 2023 at 9:23 am
Old Jun 25, 2023, 1:42 am

Programs: BA GfL
I have the pleasant surprise of Flub for myself, my wife and daughter going to HND today. Assume my GGL helped, family both Silvers.

The new seat assignments appeared yesterday on OLCI. It looked like there was no way to change them.

I am using Avios and a 241 on the trip. I would have booked First if it was available.
ExpatExp and Simonp27 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 5:54 am

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
So I booked BA94/BA95 (YUL-LHR/LHR-YUL) and in late September and the seatmap appears to match the 787-9; my experience is this route is normally a 787-8 and won’t receive the retrofits until October at the earliest.

However, the AA agent told me that the flight was able to have a SWU applied to it. There are no F awards available and I don’t see any BA upgrades. I tried telling her I felt this was likely a FLUB situation but she seemed pretty adamant it was possible.

Am I misinformed? Should I roll the dice?
Old Jun 29, 2023, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is no chance of First being available on the YUL route.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 6:16 am

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
There is no chance of First being available on the YUL route.
Thanks - I appreciate my gut instinct being validated here.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 8:27 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
My spouse and I were given new BPs for 1K and 2K on LHR-YYZ when we presented our documents for checking at the First Wing earlier this month.

(Background data, for those working to reverse engineer BA's algorithms: spouse soon-to-expire Gold, I've already dropped to Silver, SEQ 001 and 002.)
astra19e, Slunko and defiantflyer like this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 7:03 am

Programs: AC Ennui 50K · BA Gold · EIL Carte Blanche
Hello, I have a really simple question (to which there may not be an definite answer!)

Am I supposed to avoid receiving a boarding pass until the last moment in order to maximise chances of being Flubbed? Or does it not matter and can I check in at T-24 happily?

Thank you
Old Sep 13, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Boreas
Hello, I have a really simple question (to which there may not be an definite answer!)

Am I supposed to avoid receiving a boarding pass until the last moment in order to maximise chances of being Flubbed? Or does it not matter and can I check in at T-24 happily?

Thank you
I've been Flub'd 3 times and each time I had checked in online, downloaded boarding pass and had a boarding pass printed at check in. The buzz and red light at the gate was the first indication of being flub'd and a new boarding pass was waiting for me.
Boreas likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 10:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, so tbh I don't think it matters. I would just check in online as usual. If the FLUB gods are smiling you will just get a new bp at check in or at the gate anyway.
Boreas likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC Ennui 50K · BA Gold · EIL Carte Blanche
Please may I also ask what is the latest state of the science when it comes to selecting a seat if the cabin map shows Flub seats? Are they likely to stick or is that a quick way to lose your original seat and eventually be thrown back Clubward into a random one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.