Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:10 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I've had two experiences in the last month once on HKG-LHR, and again on LHR-HKG, where I've pointed out that I would like the "Express service" as noted on the menu.

The crew members looked at me confused as if I was talking nonsense and had no idea about how to serve this express service (Starter and dessert on one tray).
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by endoman
Cheese and port is the thing I like most about CW catering............
No cooking or re-heating necessary .......
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:28 am

FLL New Servcie or Bedding?

Does anyone know if the new roll out of bedding and/ or food service is on FLL from LGW yet? or when it might be expected?
Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by olliewb
Does anyone know if the new roll out of bedding and/ or food service is on FLL from LGW yet? or when it might be expected?
Thanks
Welcome to FT olliewb

According to the wiki the bedding should be on all flights now. The LGW routes should all have it since July 2018.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Bedding yes, catering no.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Bedding yes, catering no.
Out of interest, is the catering still a thing? I thought most of it had now been stripped out and it was pretty much as it was before but with only 3 mains instead of 4.
Is it worth updating the wiki with what the new catering consists of?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Accor Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5 Star, Global Entry
Still no new catering on the LGW routes??
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
I understand that it might be difficult to do pre-order anywhere other than from LHR/LGW, but why can't we see menus for the inbound flights? I am flying from JNB to LHR in February in CW on BA 57 and would like to see whats on offer? Is that so hard, if I can know what the meal is on the way out?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JSM8
I understand that it might be difficult to do pre-order anywhere other than from LHR/LGW, but why can't we see menus for the inbound flights? I am flying from JNB to LHR in February in CW on BA 57 and would like to see whats on offer? Is that so hard, if I can know what the meal is on the way out?
The reason it's difficult to do is that there are dozens of out station kitchens involved so it's a logistical nightmare trying to coordinate all the information. Departing London then it is just a few kitchens involved so rather easier. Having said that, the same could be said of the printed menus and they generally do get the right menus in place.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They are available to us online so I don’t see what the problem is?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The reason it's difficult to do is that there are dozens of out station kitchens involved so it's a logistical nightmare trying to coordinate all the information. Departing London then it is just a few kitchens involved so rather easier. Having said that, the same could be said of the printed menus and they generally do get the right menus in place.
AA seems to have a handle on this. You are able to order meals on international flights on both inbound and outbound flights, even if traveling in PEY.
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Have all bread choices been enhanced away to one or is the crew just tossing what they want on the tray and not offering the basket choice?

Also so the new salads are pathetic.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Having said that, the same could be said of the printed menus and they generally do get the right menus in place.
Exactly. ^ Printed menus are done, crew can see them in advance, and in F YouFirst know them in advance. The airline says this would be a logistical nightmare, but in my view their own practice suggests that their assessment is not really justified.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
So no chance of knowing what the standard CW menu is from JNB? it could influence if I then go and choose a SPML
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by JSM8
So no chance of knowing what the standard CW menu is from JNB? it could influence if I then go and choose a SPML
So this is for next month (February 2019 JNB to LHR) - @Can I help you any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.