Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Had a couple of trips with new bedding, food & definitely much nicer. I am actually a fan of everything CW !

Nice video - good job ! 👍
thanks for watching. I’m glad you enjoyed the report!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Hi All - Made a video trip report of my recent Heathrow - Philadelphia trip, featuring the “new” bedding and food.
AH, 63A, my wife's seat! Did you manage the escape manoeuvre between the seat and the cabin wall?

At least there you had loads of storage space ... I wonder how we will fare in 5A/B on a 777 next weekend, with everything having to go in the overheads?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
... I wonder how we will fare in 5A/B on a 777 next weekend, with everything having to go in the overheads?
They'll be an aircraft change and you'll get new seats
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
BA 185 LHR-EWR 1050-1400 787-9

Meal:

My last CW flight came with a packet of nuts so this bowl of snacks was a nice step up. Plus they made a good Kir Royale

Salmon starter was good but I was disappointed the options were appetizer OR salad and not both

The options of cod, venison stew or Gnudi were a mix of bizarre and disappointing. The venison stew was okay but I don't really like the meat on the ground let alone in the air.

Cheese plate was very good. My seatmate asked if she could have cheese and dessert and was rudely told no

Pre-landing meal was good though small. My seatmate asked if she could swap the scone for a roll and was again rudely told no. Overall pretty good but eh, hardly world shaking.

Bedding:

It was nice having a mattress pad but because of the nature of the CW seat they put a big bag of bedding on your seat that you have to store in the overhead bin. And of course if you're in 6K like I was and 7J goes to sleep God help you if you need to get out to go retrieve it.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
LHR JNB 22nd Dec
full flight lovely crew bedding was welcome.
Meal service painfully slow with over 40 minutes between starter and main .
No top ups of wine or water offered .
Food quality seemed no different from before the changes
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:16 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CMK10
BA 185 LHR-EWR 1050-1400 787-9

Salmon starter was good but I was disappointed the options were appetizer OR salad and not both

So contrary to what other crew are saying here, you can only have one appetizer now?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@CMK10 - thanks for posting flight report + photos.

Those blunt refusals by CC - in response to your seatmate’s perfectly reasonable requests - really do seem out of place in a business class cabin.

Perhaps one of our friendly ‘insiders’ can clarify .....

Either it’s the way things are, sadly, in the current-day CW service, OR .... the crew failed to follow correct procedures ?
If the latter, then yet another illustration that BA onboard inconsistency is alive & well.

It all seems very odd when other carriers can hand out a J class menu with the comforting assurance that “you can order whatever you want from the menu ....... and at whatever time you want it”

Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by sxc
So contrary to what other crew are saying here, you can only have one appetizer now?
Exactky as I experienced on the 175 to JFK on Saturday
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Asked for and received a salad and starter on BA 173 a couple weeks ago. I have never been turned down but hit or miss on whether it’s proaxtively offered.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
Any one have any updates on the roll out to Seoul and the Mid-haul routes yet from LHR? I had thought it was meant to happen by 1st Jan.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by IslingtonFlyer
Any one have any updates on the roll out to Seoul and the Mid-haul routes yet from LHR? I had thought it was meant to happen by 1st Jan.
These routes now have new catering and service.
Tobias-UK and IslingtonFlyer like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by MTJ Bound
Asked for and received a salad and starter on BA 173 a couple weeks ago. I have never been turned down but hit or miss on whether it’s proaxtively offered.
I asked and was told that I could have salad and starter only because they had enough loaded but it was not policy to have both!?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MTJ Bound

It seems really inconsistent. On a recent night flight I asked for just the salad and cheese plate as wanted to get to sleep quickly. The crew member was quick to point out that the salad was more of a side salad that everyone got and "would I like something else as well?".

On the return leg of the same trip and keeping this in mind I decided to try the soup option assuming the salad would show up anyway... it did not! The soup arrived stone cold. Called the crew back over and he mumbled something about the kettle playing up again. Surely when serving soup you'd notice if it was cold... bowl not feeling warm, no steam...!

The menu was the same as shown by CMK10 above - and I agree it was a slightly odd selection. My spouse didn't eat - I don't mind putting some more left-field options on the menu but you'd expect to see it alongside something a bit more conventional.

Agree though that the cheese plate was surprisingly good and pretty much redeemed it. Two of those next time and hold the main course (if permitted!!).

Generally the service was lacking (no proactive drink refills) - it feels like other than the food itself being a bit better a lot of what could have made the new service pop is being scaled back - notably seeing the food, having more flexibility in choosing what to eat, proactive drink refills.

Last edited by PeterNem; Jan 6, 2019 at 8:49 am
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Cheese and port is the thing I like most about CW catering. Never been offered a separate dessert as well, but never asked as I am happy with just the cheese. Also never had a salad as standard, just the starter I asked for. This from both trolley service and later back to galley service.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I really don't like those bowls of nuts. Last one I had was cold (supposed to be?) and seemed to consist of more random things than actual nuts.
The "margarine" pot wasn't good. Real butter, not that that stuff please.

I do like the stew type meals to be honest. Wasn't 100% keen on the chestnuts? in the meal shown in post 1624. Roast potatoes would have been better in my opinion.

Last edited by xenole; Jan 6, 2019 at 9:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.