Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:10 am

Just flown LGW-LAS with the new service. CSM said it was the first time for his crew. Soup was very good, and the steak was nice and not overcooked. The service was outstanding, and felt like a leisurely boozy lunch in France.

The new bedding was very comfortable. All together a great flight with a great crew. Even got a Gold greeting
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BA235

And were they on the ball with drinks refills and so forth? That’s raised as a problem area with monotonous frequency (imcluding by me!)
Not a big drinker when flying, especially when driving a rental at the other end, so can't comment.

However, iWife tells me they did regular cabin patrols while I was sleeping. Again something not noticed ex-LGW.

Last edited by T8191; Mar 5, 2019 at 4:33 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by rapidex
Just flown LGW-LAS with the new service. CSM said it was the first time for his crew. Soup was very good, and the steak was nice and not overcooked. The service was outstanding, and felt like a leisurely boozy lunch in France....
Good to hear the LGW act is sharpening up too. My PHX was our first CW ex-LHR for a couple of years, and the difference between this and our more regular ex-LGW l/h was quite dramatic.

Well done BA, keep it up! ^
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:47 am
dnw

Excellent service on a 95% full 77W from Sao Paulo on Sunday night. Drinks orders taken and delivered by hand within 20m of takeoff. Breakfast cards handed out, collected and honoured. Starter, main course and drink choice taken and hand delivered. Meal service over within 1.5hrs of take off (might have been 2hrs but not long at all). Drinks top ups proactively offered and hand delivered. Oh and the bread was that special 3 breads in one type that I thought was only on DoCo to JFK. CSD served my side and was a delight.

Seems like they've finally got this right.
Padmeister, Tobias-UK and icegirl like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Good to hear
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:37 am

Hi, a question regarding alcohol on long hall flights.

We are flying LHR - JNB in CW next week.

I was told they no longer serve you the little bottles of whiskey, but pour out of a normal bottle?

Is this correct?

thanks
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes that is now the standard, we now mix the drinks in the galley, however just tell the crew member taking your order that you prefer to mix your own.
Mike_Smith and SirToby like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC
As per @Raffles and HfP this morning more routes launched for the new Do&Co catering.

if you are travelling on the old BMI mid-haul routes (Amman etc) from next week, as well as Tokyo, Osaka, Charleston (launching 4th April) and Pittsburgh (launching 2nd April) you should get the superior Do&Co food.
Full article here...

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/0...lounge-access/
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:14 am

Still no ICN Hope that would be the case by the summer as I am flying the route in August!
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Still no ICN Hope that would be the case by the summer as I am flying the route in August!
All LHR routes now have the new CW catering and bedding - this includes ICN.
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by MFCC
Oh ok! My bad, I thought from the HFP article that the Do&Co catering was still being rolled out! Great news if it is now available across all the LHR network.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:15 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MFCC
Is there a difference between having the new service (crockery and presentation) vs being catered by Do&Co?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Oh ok! My bad, I thought from the HFP article that the Do&Co catering was still being rolled out! Great news if it is now available across all the LHR network.
There is a key difference here. New concept refers to the new equipment etc. do&co catering is only available on some of the routes including the new ones that are listed in that article, you're right it is still being rolled out. They definitely aren't doing all yet!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:23 pm

Are they doing do&co on iad/lhr?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jmj9905
Are they doing do&co on iad/lhr?
I think this route already is Do&Co.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.