Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I know it's a first-world problem (!), but I find the new CW pillow too big - it's so massive that it takes a big chunk of the already limited space (if you're 6ft+). Same issue with the F pillow (which actually looks the same).
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:40 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mec72
I know it's a first-world problem (!), but I find the new CW pillow too big - it's so massive that it takes a big chunk of the already limited space (if you're 6ft+). Same issue with the F pillow (which actually looks the same).
Turn it on its side so it's north-south rather than east-west. I tend to use it more as a back support rather than a head rest, you can do a bit of both with careful positioning.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
Flying back to london Wednesday night on the late YYZ to LHR in biz ready for my mother's funeral on Friday! Loads of sauce in every sense will be consumed on the flight though I won't mix the Creme Anglaise and Tribute Bitter
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Mikey Mike Mike
Flying back to london Wednesday night on the late YYZ to LHR in biz ready for my mother's funeral on Friday! Loads of sauce in every sense will be consumed on the flight though I won't mix the Creme Anglaise and Tribute Bitter
I don’t think anyone would Advocaat that.
(Sorry, I’ll get my coat!)
Old May 5, 2019, 1:22 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Someone up thread had said the three in one roll had been discontinued. I had it on my LHR-HKG but not on ICN-LHR.
Old May 5, 2019, 4:28 am

I had it on my LHR-HKG and return. The food out (LHR-HKG) was great but the food back (HKG-LHR) was not.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:01 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Just wrapped up MCO-LGW-MCO in CW.

- MCO-LGW: Very friendly flight crew. I still find it annoying that you have to put your blanket bag in the overhead locker which means if you're in the window you're going to be stepping over someone to get to it later.

Meals: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31268219-post2449.html

Food was okay, I made the mistake of order the filet which was nearly inedible it was so overcooked. I like the tray set up a lot for the starter and salad course but as you can see from the pictures because they don't clear things as you go your tray starts to have a lot of clutter if you like different wines with your main and dessert as I do. Also, no refills on water or cocktails. Speaking of cocktails and wine, I was impressed with selections of both. However, breakfast was a major letdown. A terrible bacon sandwich with no brown sauce on what tasted like a hamburger bun? Boo.

- LGW-MCO: Delayed 3.5 hours due to a late aircraft but they stuck with lunch for us. Again, very friendly flight crew.

Meals: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31268240-post2450.html

This time the food was really good. Excellent main (I'm going to stick to chicken on BA from now on if they have it) and a good starter as well. Again, wine and cocktails were good as were the crew. I liked the snack options in the galley too (Crunchies!). The second meal coming to the US remains a highlight.

Last edited by CMK10; Jul 17, 2019 at 3:48 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: Lowest of the low ��
Thank you CMK10 for the pictures. The food ex LGW looks pretty good. We travel on Sunday and looking forward to tasting some of these dishes.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Flew CW Mex to LHR a couple of weeks back. Salmon starter (including smoked salmon and a salmon steak with pineapple relish) was a delicious starter. Chose pasta for main, it was edible but uninspiring. Wife enjoyed the chicken in mushroom sauce tho.

Wasn't really that hungry at breakfast so ate the yogurt and fruit etc, but passed on hot food. Always love flying into UK and enjoying a decent cup of tea. Too much weak crap in Mexico
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Must admit, I do like the white company bedding. Heavy enough to stay warm, but light enough to not overheat.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
New CW Amenity Bag?

Cabin Crew provided this white CW Amenity Bag on the flight last night, which they said was being rolled-out today. No change to the contents.

seanp7 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Looks goods.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Looks goods.
Flew 1st on the way out and prefer this bag to the First bag. I also preferred 62A to 1A, but that's for a different thread! :-)
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Does look good! Wonder if it’s just a temporary change during the centenary month?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Gomac
Does look good! Wonder if it’s just a temporary change during the centenary month?
I believe it is - quote from their press release

2019 is British Airways’ centenary year and the airline celebrates its birthday on August 25. From August 1, customers in Club World will receive a limited-edition wash bag from The White Company, while those in First can collect a special centenary amenity kit from Alice Temperley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.