Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Josι (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montrιal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Hard to tell from that Press Release whether it’s just the month of August only. Would hazard a guess that if the cost as charged by supplier is higher than the ‘normal’ version, then it will cease promptly on 31/8 (or earlier if stocks exhausted). But if cost is same (or lower), then it might well be around for a while beyond .......

Must say it’s a classy-looking bag ^
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by parklife
I believe it is - quote from their press release

2019 is British Airways’ centenary year and the airline celebrates its birthday on August 25. From August 1, customers in Club World will receive a limited-edition wash bag from The White Company, while those in First can collect a special centenary amenity kit from Alice Temperley.
Cabin Crew said it was for August only, and then started speculating about how much they would fetch on eBay!!
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
When the new CW service was first introduced it was very much a selection of starters and deserts and you were encouraged to have a few of each given that they were smaller. That now seems to have gone by the wayside and you only get one which is particularly noticeable with the deserts as they are tiny! Is anyone else finding this?

Last edited by Gomac; Nov 28, 2019 at 3:27 pm
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The whole service is nothing like it was designed to be and is not fit for purpose.
Buster likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The whole service is nothing like it was designed to be and is not fit for purpose.
‘I agree. I’m shifting business Away from BA as a result.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Having never flown in the cabin, in what way has it changed? I recall you mentioning that crew were not happy with the SOP when it was first introduced, that certain aspects were thought to be undeliverable.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:32 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Gomac
When the new CW service was first introduced it was very much a selection of starters and deserts and you were encouraged to have a few of each given that they were smaller. That now seems to have gone by the wayside and you only get one which is particularly noticeable with the deserts as they are tiny! Is anyone else finding this?
I must say I do agree regarding the teeny tiny puddings in CW. Ridiculous. It seems as though they originally designed pax to have more than one, hence the mini size (or lack therein!). I find them tasty enough but always feel the need for two...but have never asked....
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Cιlestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
This all started so promisingly, but BA has dumbed it down so bad, the food is worse than before DO&CO were involved!
  • Selection trolley - gone
  • Multiple starters - gone
  • More substantial salad - gone
  • Choice of fresh salad dressings - gone
  • More interesting / complex main courses have - simplified / cheapened
  • Multiple desserts - gone
So now we are left with substantively the same food as before, but less of it, with worse wine and no main course salad.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:01 am

Tried to search this but couldn’t find the answer. Is BA15 catered by Do&Co?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:02 am

Club kitchen

Does anyone have any up-to-date info on the contents of the club kitchen LHR-NYC route these days on a 777/747? Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
This all started so promisingly, but BA has dumbed it down so bad, the food is worse than before DO&CO were involved!
  • Selection trolley - gone
  • Multiple starters - gone
  • More substantial salad - gone
  • Choice of fresh salad dressings - gone
  • More interesting / complex main courses have - simplified / cheapened
  • Multiple desserts - gone
So now we are left with substantively the same food as before, but less of it, with worse wine and no main course salad.
I still get multiple starters and deserts? I also still get the more substantial salad out of London, with a choice of dressing?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:17 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by londonclubguy
Does anyone have any up-to-date info on the contents of the club kitchen LHR-NYC route these days on a 777/747? Thanks
Usually close to empty in my experience.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct, there is still a choice of two cold starters, soup, plus salad with a choice of dressings on a day flight and you can choose two and a third if available.
3 hot main courses.
One cold dessert, one hot dessert plus cut fresh fruit and cheese, you can choose two of these.
choosethedrew maybe confusing the service with the overnight service which hasn’t been reduced and is:
A choice of a cold starter or soup with everyone getting a smaller salad with olive oil dressing.
3 hot main courses.
One cold dessert, one hot plus cheese, you can choose two of these.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Club Kitchen has:
Three flavours of crisps.
Popcorn.
Mixed nuts.
Biscuits
Chocolates.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:26 am

The Club Kitchen has:
Three flavours of crisps.
Popcorn.
Mixed nuts.
Biscuits
Chocolates.
Ugh, ugh, ugh and once again ugh. I know that (at least for those of us who live in Britain) we are used to have supermarkets where the confectionery and snacks aisle is twice the size of the fruit & veg department, but weren’t there (once) yoghurts and fruit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.