Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I haven’t either but I would say 100% if there is soup that it is.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum
On my recent trip to HKG in 09/18 I had the old trolley service on the way to Hong Kong and the new service on the way back two weeks later.
Old service took a little bit longer, but as someone mentioned, my drinks were better topped that on the new service. Glassware etc was all the same. On my way back I also had a soup as starter, which was really delicous. I liked choosing from the trolley very much, so that I could have a look at the starters or dessert.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I haven’t either but I would say 100% if there is soup that it is.
Thanks - thought so ! I’m glad. I’m wondering with the start of the winter timetable if it will be the final wave of routes shifting to new (revised) service with new glaswear (sans trolley) so that completes the LHR rollout.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know if the new dining is available one flights departing the US or just on those departing London? Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by peter.r.erskine
Does anyone know if the new dining is available one flights departing the US or just on those departing London? Thanks!
Welcome to Flyertalk peter.r.eskine

You will indeed get the new crockery and glassware departing the US ! However, I've found the food almost identical as before on my regular routes
Old Oct 24, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Just enjoyed the most wonderful airline food ex LHR to JFL in CW. If you get the chance to savour the #Lamb Cutlets, take it.
And by chance, bumped into WW in Manhattan, and felt the urge to commend him.
Felt a fool afterwards but he appeared grateful for the positive comments. A firm shake of my hand and he was off.
Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:39 pm

Is the new Do & Co catering now available to KUL? Wiki seems to say The White Company bedding only...
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Is the new Do & Co catering now available to KUL? Wiki seems to say The White Company bedding only...
From the 28th of October all long haul routes bar ICN and DOH and the Midhaul routes will have the new catering on board. Those routes go live sometime in December, the 28th is also the date of the revised service routines with the service trolley, wine bowl, etageres gone and it all being hand run.

Also, the only route which has the Do&Co catering is the JFK route, and ORD-LHR which are supplied by Do&Co, the Midhaul routes, Tel Aviv, Cairo, Amman, Beirut, Moscow will also be catered by Do&Co when they go live in December, all other routes are catered by Gate Gourmet, until the contract changes in 2020 and all catering from LHR will be Do&Co.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold. IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by NCLLHR

From the 28th of October all long haul routes bar ICN and DOH and the Midhaul routes will have the new catering on board. Those routes go live sometime in December, the 28th is also the date of the revised service routines with the service trolley, wine bowl, etageres gone and it all being hand run.

Also, the only route which has the Do&Co catering is the JFK route, and ORD-LHR which are supplied by Do&Co, the Midhaul routes, Tel Aviv, Cairo, Amman, Beirut, Moscow will also be catered by Do&Co when they go live in December, all other routes are catered by Gate Gourmet, until the contract changes in 2020 and all catering from LHR will be Do&Co.
FWIW I just checked meal options on a LGW-BDA in the first week of November. It doesn’t look any different to what they normally serve so not convinced new catering is going to hit all routes “so quickly” (BA have only had a year now after all!)
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by greyt

FWIW I just checked meal options on a LGW-BDA in the first week of November. It doesn’t look any different to what they normally serve so not convinced new catering is going to hit all routes “so quickly” (BA have only had a year now after all!)
Sorry I should have made it clearer, all LHR routes bar ICN, DOH and Midhaul will have the new catering from 28th October and the he remaining LHR routes by December. I don’t believe any routes from Gatwick have yet to go over to the new food. Also, before the announced changes to the removal of the trolley and etagere from the 28th October, Gatwick weren’t going to be getting the trolley etc as I believe the reduced Club Cabin on the densified 777 will only has 3 crew working in the Club Cabin which meant the trolleys couldn’t be operated as you needed 4 crew as each trolley had to have two crew operating it.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:33 am

I recently posted a detailed trip report on my recent Club World and Club Europe flights. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

British Airways IAD-LHR-JTR/ATH-LHR-IAD + Sky Express JNX-ATH
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:01 am

Lucky from onemileatatime recently posted a JFK-LCY trip report: https://onemileatatime.com/british-a...usiness-class/

Looks like this route is on the new catering as well, with the soup, bread tray etc, unless I'm missing something...
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I still really don't like the nuts ex-LHR but the ones from the US are paradoxically nicer (despite the over-salty soy-sesame sticks). However, the fruit cups seem to have deteriorated both from and to London over time, they were really great at first but by now they are pretty pointless...
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Lucky from onemileatatime recently posted a JFK-LCY trip report: https://onemileatatime.com/british-a...usiness-class/

Looks like this route is on the new catering as well, with the soup, bread tray etc, unless I'm missing something...
Yes, it's gone to the new service. The crew do a lot of walking up and down now carrying each item and there were 30 on our flight.

G-EUNA was also the cleanest I've seen for ages. New carpets, footstool coverings, etc, and no dirt down the side of the seats. Just a shame they still haven't upgraded the iPads.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by chistery
Yes, it's gone to the new service. The crew do a lot of walking up and down now carrying each item and there were 30 on our flight.

G-EUNA was also the cleanest I've seen for ages. New carpets, footstool coverings, etc, and no dirt down the side of the seats. Just a shame they still haven't upgraded the iPads.
Nice to see they have just upgraded the aircraft so they must have some faith in the service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.