Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:07 am

My thoughts after watching

psollitt, T8191, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That will not be the version that will end up on board, some bits will be removed and others added.
Hopefully removing ALL of it and starting again ... this time with an adult in charge of proceedings.

What utter drivel*

* Oh, I see that adjective has already been used. May I say €R@P ?

** Drivel: nonsense.
synonyms: nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo;
psollitt, Schwann and Calum like this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 4:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Olivia Colman and Joanna Lumley are 'iconic celebrities'??
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
I hate it.
Schwann and Calum like this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Not my taste at all.
Schwann and Calum like this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: BA GGL
That feels even worse than the previous one.
T8191, Schwann and Calum like this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Joanna Lumley is a "national treasure". I know this because I was at an Amex meet and greet type event with her earlier in the week and she was described thusly. I can also confirm that she was an absolute pleasure to listen to and the interviewer also made a great job of it.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I saw the new one today! Not on a plane though.. so pleased to see Joanna Lumley actually in this one 😀
Does she pretend to sit in Y and then looking confused tell the cabin crew that the food (assuming long haul) provided was effing disgusting, only to be told that part was originally written for Gordon Ramsay!?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
I mean I had low expectations, but this even falls below them. Painful.
T8191, florens and Calum like this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:08 am

I got bored with the original after a couple of watches. I got bored with this one after a minute. But sincerely, I applaud the work Comic Relief do and BA's involvement through Flying Start. I always dump my unneeded currency shrapnel in to the envelope.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just watched it on YouTube, where BA have disabled the comments unsurprisingly.

Ok, I smirked at a couple of scenes, had no idea who most of the "actors" were as with the previous one and it generally it felt even more sleezy and far removed from an aircraft safety video. Might work as part of a BBC4 comedy show, but it seemed to brush over anything that could save someone's life in the case of an emergency in order to have some unknown "comedian" try to be funny.

Thought they might have included a "you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" sort of thing for Michael Caine.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Oh dear...
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Is there somewhere to tell BA my exact thoughts on this, or would Twitter be the best outlet?

Who actually approves this sort of thing? Some "yoof" straight out of Uni with a worthless degree in Theatre Management studies or something?

I've actually got no BA flights booked at present so at least I don't have a definitive time where I'll be forced to sit through this again!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Whilst I agree with the generally unfavourable verdict (judging by the comments above), there is one positive about having to sit through this nonsense countless times over the next year or so, and that is that I will be spared from ever having to see the previous version again. Indeed I can imagine this becoming something to look forward to each year - no more of the ghastly safety video (albeit only because there's a new one that's worse...)
T8191 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by xenole
Is there somewhere to tell BA my exact thoughts on this, or would Twitter be the best outlet?

Who actually approves this sort of thing? Some "yoof" straight out of Uni with a worthless degree in Theatre Management studies or something?

I've actually got no BA flights booked at present so at least I don't have a definitive time where I'll be forced to sit through this again!
I have Tweeted. I do not expect a response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.