Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:55 am
Original Poster

New Safety Video

New safety video to debut in September featuring a number of famous British actors/comedians including Gordon Ramsay, Rowan Atkinson, Gillian Anderson, Warwick Davies among others.
Also features a Flying Start plug at the end.
Its actually not that bad! And it was due for a refresh anyway.
Currently being shown on internal sites, but I'm sure it'll be on YouTube or something in the coming days/weeks.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Has Lynn West been retired then?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:58 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Any flower duet?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:01 am

Gordon Ramsay
Franky16 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
Gordon Ramsay
Has it been rated "safe" for children or will they need to keep their ear plugs in?
Primavera likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by MarkFlies
Gordon Ramsay
Won't he be in breach of contract as I thought he worked for Singapore Airlines as part of their food team?
Primavera likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Physci
Has it been rated "safe" for children or will they need to keep their ear plugs in?
I quite like him and his current show on Fox in the US is quite family friendly with no swearing (Ironically it's called F Word).
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:07 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Oh dear. It sounds awful. I wait to be proved wrong.

The QR FC Barcelona ad was ok the first time you saw it, but as a frequent traveller I hated it (plus they show it twice, double the annoyance).

I actually think the current BA one has stood the test of time, although I agree it needs to be replaced now. I don't see the need to have personalities in a safety video. The novelty factor will appeal to once a year travellers, but I found the QR one so annoying it actually put me off watching it. So in my view this is counter-productive. Even as a frequent flier the safety video is important.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Cheap way to get some advertising, Air NewZealand were masters at this, few will forget their naked body painted crew. TK did one using a amateur "magician" Zac King which was quite fun.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:15 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Flying start plug

There should be no place for chugging in a mandatory safety video where everyone is expected to be paying attention.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:19 am
Original Poster

It's perfectly suitable for kids, they've played it pretty safe and at the end of the day it's there to get a message across. The first time it might make you chuckle, after hearing it for the third time it might be a tad grating
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Personally, I enjoy the upbeat feel good factor of the Virgin America video.

[ame="https://youtu.be/DtyfiPIHsIg"]Virgin America Safety Video http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=VXsafetydance - YouTube[/url]

I agree the BA one was starting to look a little tired - these things do matter.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
I like the Brussels Airlines one, some proper Belgian tongue-in-cheek humour.

The AA one (fake-ish one take video) is cool as well but not after two TP runs to the Caribbean .

The BA one, meh. On a recent multi leg trip to Japan my travel buddies insisted on playing the "air flute" everytime it came on so that got a few good laughs from the cabin crew though.

The QR one seems high production value but is so cringy. Except for the bus driver part!
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Finally a change. I get really bored with the current one. And I hope it's gonna be shorter.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
The current Qantas one is spectacular

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.