Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 11:53 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
The video is so cringing, way too long and just not funny or even mildly amusing. Apart from that it is fine. Manual demo all the way ^
CrazyJ82 and ppp909 like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:21 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
On 7 of my last 8 European trips in the past 3 weeks (AMS, ARN and GVA on a mix of A319/20/21) it was a manual demo.
I had assumed I was either on a plane without screens or they were not working, but the screens were duly lowered after takeoff for the moving map.

So today I asked the purser and she said they have been told they can do, at their discretion, manual demos ‘due to customer feedback’. So clearly someone at HQ reads this forum I cannot believe pax waste time writing to BA to complain about a safety video. Or do they ?

On my last seven sectors over the past few weeks (HAM, TXL, ARN), it’s been played on every occasion.

No hint from the CC that they’d prefer not to, although I think I’ve also now reached the ‘recite off by heart’ stage.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
I was travelling next to a group of Americans that had just come off a long haul on to my regular LHR-EDI flight. They found it HILARIOUS. I still remember my first time... don't think I enjoyed it was much as they did though.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got used to phasing it out now.
Just doesn't get any better. Still can't pronounce or recite the first person's name; still think that's Jim Bowen putting the table up, and still no idea who the man with the life vest is.

They should do a Deadpool version. That I may pay attention to at least once.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:09 pm

My friends in ‘media’ (ugh I know) are presently working on the next edition of this video. It sounds stylistically quite similar, and will have Joanna Lumley this time around....
Old May 20, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Manual demos both ways to Larnaca last week.
No attempt on the A320 on the way out, no audio on the way back on the 767 enforcing the manual demo. ^
Old May 20, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Hopefully it will not have the mistakes like the last one. Like, please put away your video screens (with still 1/3rd to go).
Old May 20, 2018, 3:43 pm

Damn, I keep forgetting the purpose of this video is for it to be funny.
golfmad and KARFA like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Manual demo on all four of my (MF) shorthaul flights last week. One was a bit "Oh crap, I haven't read through one of these in a long time" and had a lot of repetition, another other was terribly strident, and I think the crewmember reading another demo was sick on the day they train crew how to speak clearly on a public address system. Only one I felt to be acceptable at actually conveying the information.

Asim Chaudhry as Chabuddy G is just *not funny*. Hopefully they haven't asked him back for the new video.
Old May 31, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mjh0
Hopefully they haven't asked him back for the new video.
Well.

Old May 31, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Oh no...

The BA video is the most obnoxious, annoying safety video in the history of safety videos (probably). It's fine the first time you watch it, but it's really, really hard to tune out, unlike other safety videos. There are too many long pauses, and if I have to here Chabuddy mispronounce Thandie again, I may have to break my own eardrums. The BA music at the end is also frustrating as well. Its not very frequent flyer friendly.

Hopefully, when they redo it now, they get rid of the long pauses. But given that it's the same guy...
BlueThroughCrimp and Calum like this.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Someone please tell him that British has a "t" in it if he really has to be used again.
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:34 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by no2chem

It's fine the first time you watch it, but it's really, really hard to tune out, unlike other safety videos.
Is it supposed to be easy to tune out from a safety video?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
God the old animated one recently on my LHR-BRU.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:02 am

woo great, but it has a release date ?. It's great that several actors participate, but hopefully they do well and not something exaggerated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.