Search

New Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:23 am

Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:30 am

Oh dear.
Calum likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yikes, that one is even worse... and I only recognised Michael Caine. Makes you wonder what feedback they got from the previous video....?
Calum likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This is utter codswallop. The many words I want to use to describe it are totally off limits here. This is a SAFETY DEMONSTRATION FOR AN AIRLINE? I always watch these demonstrations, however, this one I will never watch. But then, you will never find me on a BA operated plane.
Calum likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:45 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Love it!

I'm sure it'll annoy me the next time I see it, but I found it genuinely funny - albeit as a skit opposed to safety video.

M
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Here’s hoping the cut that reaches the cabin is better than the teaser!
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I managed 49 seconds.. I will save the rest for when I am actually on a plane and I have no choice.
Calum likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:47 am

Crikey, the gear shift into the Flying Start donation envelope section is utterly horrendous.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
This is utter codswallop. The many words I want to use to describe it are totally off limits here. This is a SAFETY DEMONSTRATION FOR AN AIRLINE? I always watch these demonstrations, however, this one I will never watch. But then, you will never find me on a BA operated plane.
That will not be the version that will end up on board, some bits will be removed and others added.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:01 am

The new video will first roll out across short-haul during July, then will roll out across long-haul from August 1- here's the BA press release:

ANOTHER ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS SAFETY VIDEO FROM BRITISH AIRWAYS AND COMIC RELIEF

Joanna Lumley safety video
  • Sir Michael Caine, Asim Chaudhry, Olivia Colman, Jourdan Dunn, Naomie Harris, Joanna Lumley and David Walliams come together in latest in-flight safety video
  • Video lands important safety messages in a humorous and engaging way
  • Video also promotes Flying Start the global charity partnership between British Airways and Comic Relief
Iconic celebrities including Sir Michael Caine, Olivia Colman and Joanna Lumley have come together to create the second instalment of British Airways’ star-studded pre-flight safety video, which launches on board from July.*

In the video, seven celebrities are seen ‘auditioning’ in humorous sketches while also landing important safety messages. They are under the watchful eye of comedian Asim Chaudhry, who attempts to direct their every move.

To watch the director’s cut** from the new safety video on YouTube, see below:

The video can be downloaded here.

The new film builds on the success of the first instalment, which featured the likes of Gordon Ramsay, Sir Ian McKellen and Thandie Newton, and has been seen by customers nearly 25 million times.

As with the first instalment, the new film brings together a collection of Britain’s most-admired celebrities to create a humorous video, while also helping customers take in important safety information.

The video promotes Flying Start, the global charity partnership between British Airways and Comic Relief which has supported over half a million children across the UK and some of the world’s poorest communities since launching in 2010.

Carolina Martinoli, British Airways’ Director of Brand and Customer Experience, said: “It’s great to be launching another star-studded in-flight safety video. The first video was a huge success, making customers laugh all around the world, while also helping them to take in those all-important safety messages pre-flight.

“Our first video was seen by customers nearly 25 million times so it’s a great way to promote Flying Start, our global charity partnership with Comic Relief. Thanks to our generous customers and colleagues we’ve raised over £19 million for Comic Relief over the past eight years and we hope this video will help us to grow our total even further, as we support great causes at home and around the world.”

Flying Start saw a 20 percent increase in donations to Comic Relief after the release of the first safety video.

The new safety video can also be viewed on ba.com here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/about-ba/responsible-flying#safetyvideo
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh I see ... sorry! I just think such a thing should be concise and to the point. Especially in this age of short attention spans. The volume is jacked up so that it gets through to the headphones crowd (people who wear headphones who cough extremely loudly when they need to cough, you know the sort). I find I can hear it better if I block my ears.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Oh God help us. What total drivel.
T8191 and Calum like this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
“Our first video was seen by customers nearly 25 million times so it’s a great way to promote Flying Start, our global charity partnership with Comic Relief. Thanks to our generous customers and colleagues we’ve raised over £19 million for Comic Relief over the past eight years and we hope this video will help us to grow our total even further, as we support great causes at home and around the world.”
Whenever the charity bit comes on in the video or when CC do their announcement on the PA about it I can't help thinking of Wish Wings
tedcruz likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That will not be the version that will end up on board, some bits will be removed and others added.
But surely it won't be significantly different (judging by the on board version of the previous video versus the publicly released one)?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Whenever the charity bit comes on in the video or when CC do their announcement on the PA about it I can't help thinking of Wish Wings
Ah yes, and with Walliams in the BA video perhaps even moreso:

KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.