Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I trust someone in BAs red braces department has had the foresight to shoot a backup “Four BAFTAs, actually....” segment, ready to be hastily edited into the video tomorrow morning ...
Couldn’t help but notice Chabuddy G didn’t win best director...
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I trust someone in BAs red braces department has had the foresight to shoot a backup “Four BAFTAs, actually....” segment, ready to be hastily edited into the video tomorrow morning ...
That's funny. In reality I'm sure they can edit in the word change without too much difficulty with Olivia's assistance.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks (not) for reminding me I have to watch this again tomorrow.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Said the same to my wife last night ... and then got a manual demonstration this morning.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:07 pm

I rather have no monitors with a moving map and no middle table and watch a short manual safety demonstration than watch the safety video. I have to admit that the video is OK for three times but after that it is just annoing. I have just falled in love with these new Airbuses.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
After watching this once on YouTube just after it came out, I've successfully managed to ignore most of it on every single BA flight so far. It was actually a Godsend the other day seeing a manual demonstration rather than watching this drivel.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I had four flights on an A319 to/from MUC in the past four weeks and got to see the video only twice. The first time one of my colleagues really liked it and couldn't stop talking about it 'it was really funny', 'that how you get peoples attention' etc. The second time the guy sitting beside me was very amused by it and laughed a few times. The colleague flying with me that trip later said she never knew that you had to tie the life vest belt in a double bow till she saw the video. I just pointed out that only BA has the double bow sillyness, all other airlines I've flown so far (or atleast can recall) had some sort of mechanism instead.

The whole point of the A319 having the overhead monitors is lost on me in the first place. On one hand you can't serve the passengers a free beverage but at the same time you can afford to carry around 200-300 kg of equipment that only shows a moving map and a silly safety video (if operational).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You will be pleased to know that the monitors are being removed so not only will you not get a free drink you will get a video demonstration or a map to view!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I want Warwick Davis and Sir Ian McKellen back. My flights just don't seem complete without them
Row9 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
I want Warwick Davis and Sir Ian McKellen back. My flights just don't seem complete without them
there are at least one or two of the short haul airbuses still with that version on. I have seen it a few times in the last few weeks.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Rewards Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jordan D
Said the same to my wife last night ... and then got a manual demonstration this morning.
I've rather been hoping that the fact Liv has won her fourth Bafta would mean that they would do away with the whole video altogether. I don't find the BA one funny (I don't think the fake director is amusing in the least, and I don't like the fact that the video is aircraft agnostic so gives nothing other than totally generic information). Surely if they have all the resources of Comic Relief they could do something that is a bit more lively?

They need to take a leaf of our Air New Zealand's book - they put out three or four a year and they are always lively and very often funny. (The one with Betty White is the best -
)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by seat1C
They need to take a leaf of our Air New Zealand's book ...
You mean by withdrawing videos that are so awful that nobody can bear watching them?
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
I had the old video last night on the way back from ZRH. Still chuckle along every time to "Jess babes ... don't be so ... 'hard on yourself'".

Great video, pleased to see it.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Jordan D
I had the old video last night on the way back from ZRH. Still chuckle along every time to "Jess babes ... don't be so ... 'hard on yourself'".

Great video, pleased to see it.
I miss the part with Gillian.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
... I just pointed out that only BA has the double bow sillyness, all other airlines I've flown so far (or atleast can recall) had some sort of mechanism instead.
And BA also insist on the window shades being open for landing/take off, no matter how much the sun may be blazing directly in your face. Even the paranoid US carriers don't require this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.