Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by MFCC
The new new video has just been released to crew. It included David Williams, Michael Caine, Joanna Lumley and a few other faces. It’s broadly the same but slightly shorter at around 5min 50secs.
Is it as bad as the current one?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Is it as bad as the current one?
I mean it’s not great let’s put it that way.
seanp7, orbitmic, rossmacd and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:11 pm

Will it be played at full volume like the current one seems to be most of the time? There have been a few occasions where I've had to cover my ears to save them.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver
David Williams?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by fruitcage
David Williams?
Whilst that is his real name, he is known professionally as David Walliams.
fruitcage likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Not a lot of people know that, you know.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by MFCC
The new new video has just been released to crew. It included David Williams, Michael Caine, Joanna Lumley and a few other faces. It’s broadly the same but slightly shorter at around 5min 50secs.
Oh no! Why can’t BA just bin the never-ending, insanely boring and way too long safety video and just stick with the simple manual demonstration that takes a couple of minutes?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:48 am

Imagine if Cathay produced such a video, featuring actors and in-jokes from Cantonese soap operas. But no, strangely their video is direct and to the point and appropriate for an international airline.
Calum likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by bioblot
Imagine if Cathay produced such a video, featuring actors and in-jokes from Cantonese soap operas. But no, strangely their video is direct and to the point and appropriate for an international airline.
Well to be fair, people the world over know actors like Ian McKellen. Most people's knowledge of Cantonese stars starts and ends with Jackie Chan.

That said i get your point. It's an awful attempt at humour. It would be much better if they got the actors to just read out the instructions without the stupid jokes.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
They could always do it on the cheap and just film an actual BA crew doing a demonstration in the cabin of the same type of aircraft you’re sitting in...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:25 am

I'm no doubt opening myself up as a not-very-frequent flyer, but are there many seats that passengers sit on that don't have emergency exits both in front and behind them? And are there many locations, apart from down by the floor, that floor-level lighting might be at?

I wonder why cabin crew need to flail their arms around twice (facing you then facing away from you) and then point out the aisle floor, during the video. It seems to be compulsory to do this, but why?
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by adrianlondon; Jun 28, 2018 at 3:03 pm Reason: exits, not exists! I'm sure things exist all around me.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA
It will be published to the public tomorrow, I'm not a fan personally but it's an improvement on the previous one.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I am flying BA tomorrow but I don't think it has an IFE screen so I won't get to see the new one.

Originally Posted by T8191
Now do up your bloody seatbelts (it’s not rocket science) and listen in .... etc .
You're sounding like that Yorkshire Airline sketch there.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I saw the new one today! Not on a plane though.. so pleased to see Joanna Lumley actually in this one 😀
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by BABenchley
It will be published to the public tomorrow, I'm not a fan personally but it's an improvement on the previous one.
When the previous video set the bar so low, it’s hard to imagine the new one being worse.
flygirl68, rossmacd, T8191 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.