Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by florens
lostinlondon, why would you want bread with a panino?
I wouldn't, just have been offered it before with such a meal and I'm not sure whether it was offered at all with the other one (basket looked rather full in the galley...).

As an aside, seems the creamer/butter on trays are obvious ways to cut costs without really causing damage as long as they're still offered proactively?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Was on a HEL-LHR (BA799) today, and the menu had already transitioned over to rotation C, the April set.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:51 am

I am traveling on Friday LHR - LCA in CE does anyone know what food will be offered to us, I am travelling with my daughters and not sure if I should bother with a child meal for the younger. Thank you !
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Nikki Spoiler
I am traveling on Friday LHR - LCA in CE does anyone know what food will be offered to us, I am travelling with my daughters and not sure if I should bother with a child meal for the younger. Thank you !
It will be the same menu as shown in post 2065. All Long LHR routes in March will have this menu.
Nikki Spoiler likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
My flight to FNC had:

Goats cheese starter
Mozzarella cannelloni main
Cheddar 'dessert'

for the three courses.

Yes, there was an alternative main of Thai green chicken curry, but surely too much cheese?!

But no parmesan ...........

lhrpete and florens like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Originally Posted by florens
ZRH-LHR (2055 departure), vegan meal. Hummus was good, but too many items with olives, so if you don't like olives...

LHR-MAD (0630 departure), vegan meal. Very tasty!

That breakfast looks far better than the eggy vegetarian slop currently being served, I must change my choice.
lhrpete and orbitmic like this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:17 pm

First time on Club Europe, have flown Club World before. It will be in early August LHR to Munich and then Berlin to LHR. Is this a short, medium or long flight?
I see many people ordering special meals is it because you have a better quality or fly the routes often and looking for different options? I need a low carb meal is that an option? I don't want to end up with a panini.
With these routes what is everyone's guess on what the regular option would be if a special meal is not offered. How far in advance can you order a special meal?

Thank you.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Originally Posted by jfga2014
First time on Club Europe, have flown Club World before. It will be in early August LHR to Munich and then Berlin to LHR. Is this a short, medium or long flight?
LHR-TXL and MUC-LHR are both short range flights.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jfga2014
I see many people ordering special meals is it because you have a better quality or fly the routes often and looking for different options? I need a low carb meal is that an option? I don't want to end up with a panini.
With these routes what is everyone's guess on what the regular option would be if a special meal is not offered. How far in advance can you order a special meal?

Thank you.
in terms of what band they are and what you might expect depending on the time of day your flight is scheduled to depart, have a look at the reference posts at the start of this thread.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
BA Business Class Afternoon Tea & Nuts massive cutbacks

Had an afternoon tea flight on Sunday LHR-PRG.
I was very shocked at the afternoon tea. Massive reduction in quality. The sandwiches were horrible the cake was inedible, and NO MORE WARM SCONES.

Yes the ONLY good thing about the Afternoon (crapternoon) Tea was the warm scones with jam and clotted cream. It is no more !

Also, the new nuts supplied are disgusting. The new packet even feels cheap and tacky, and no cashews !!!!!

When did these changes come in?

We are flying home tomorrow at 1345, could some please tell me that will be a lunch flight, rather than this shocking measly afternoon tea service?

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hungry

We are flying home tomorrow at 1345, could some please tell me that will be a lunch flight, rather than this shocking measly afternoon tea service?
I think you've been moved into the correct thread here, so as indicated in post 1 the changes are just over a year old. When there were scones on offer it was fairly regularly slated here and in other blogs, complaining about all the carbohydrates, and I'm fairly sure that was what led to its demise, unfortunately so, in my view. But yes at 13:45 will put you in the lunch area, again see post 1 for information. PRG is one of the "Medium" casualties, hopefully the revised CE menu (due soon but not confirmed yet) for this and other Medium route will be an improvement after the breakfast slots.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by hungry
Had an afternoon tea flight on Sunday LHR-PRG.
I was very shocked at the afternoon tea. Massive reduction in quality. The sandwiches were horrible the cake was inedible, and NO MORE WARM SCONES.

Yes the ONLY good thing about the Afternoon (crapternoon) Tea was the warm scones with jam and clotted cream. It is no more !

Also, the new nuts supplied are disgusting. The new packet even feels cheap and tacky, and no cashews !!!!!

Thanks!
Scones have been gone for a while now.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
That breakfast looks far better than the eggy vegetarian slop currently being served, I must change my choice.
I may do the same, at least to try it!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Is VLC medium or long?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sts603
Is VLC medium or long?
VLC is long

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.