Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
BA on Twitter are saying that (for example) a lunch or dinner flight to NCE will get THREE choices - hot meal (with a choice?), hot sandwich or salad.

Whether er this is true or not remains to be seen
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic

That said, DL and AC are flying nonstop to the West, to the East, QR is reopening its year round NCE in early July with a 787, and EK are switching their flight to A388 also in early July and also year round, and offer free chauffeur pick up and drop off in J and free helicopter transfer to Monaco in F. I wouldn't be surprised if that 'salad or sandwich, madam?' C offer made a few people feel like exploring the competition a bit more.
Sure puts things in perspective.

British Caledonian Airways - rather more widely lamented I'd say than the loss of scones in CE - would, for many years, use as its memorable advertising strapline :
"We never forget you have a choice"

BA then got their hands on the much-loved BCAL of course (ably assisted by Her Majesty's Government of the day) ; and the rest, as they say, is history.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Genius1
Will Short/Medium lunch/dinner flights get dessert of any description?

Will the non-LBA/MAN/JER routes at breakfast time still get fresh fruit and warm bread/pastries?
I was also wondering about the dessert.

If it is right that it will be a hot sandwich basically for Bands 1-3A then I'd be interested to know the split in terms of loading. "Sorry sir, we've run out of salads, they only loaded one. I can offer you a tuna melt panini....or I can sell you a salad from Euro Traveller provided they have one left once they've completed the service."

Have I missed the change to JER mentioned above? I can only see that MAN and LBA get a bacon roll and fruit but JER gets a band 1 hot breakfast at the moment - as will NCL by the look of it following this change.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Tobias-UK do you have any information confirming the introduction of hot meals (not cheese toasties) on all European sectors at lunch/dinner other than what is printed on BA.com?
Sorry, I'd missed this question. Any information I pass on regarding BA is derived from a number of sources within BA, from personal experience or from in-the-know third-parties. I share this information in good faith for the benefit of those who are interested, although I only share information that was not given in confidence or where there was no expectation that it might be shared.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Any idea where INN will fall.

I assume it will just scrape into Medium as SZG is in there but if anybody could confirm that would be great.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by zippyboarder
Any idea where INN will fall.

I assume it will just scrape into Medium as SZG is in there but if anybody could confirm that would be great.
Yes, it is Medium. (As you can see in the white boxes in post 1).
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Lots of positivity here, I'm totally cynical - after a flight back from Lisbon the other week where the crew rolled the drink and meal service into 'one round' without using a trolley, no coasters, no nuts and then offered bread to the 3 of us in the front row after we had all long since finished our meals, then disappeared to eat their own - it all sounds like a veiled way to ensure you get less to drink in an attempt to save money

I fully expect to spend my next flight largely sitting with an empty glass.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, it is Medium. (As you can see in the white boxes in post 1).
Thanks couldn´t see it working off a mobile and without my glasses

Thanks for the info CWS
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Another scone lover signing in (I'm sure I have posted so in the past as well!)

If it's true that band 3 flights have had a hot meal replaced with a hot sandwich that is a disgraceful downgrade. I'm flying VCE and VRN back in April, lunch out and dinner back, so will soon find out.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
OMG, they're replacing the ex-band 3's choice of hot meals with a salad or hot sarnie. Somebody at Waterside has either got a seriously odd sense of humour or they're completely imcompetent. If they consider that to be an improvement then they're living in a different world.

And what's with the trumpeting of the full-sized bottle of champagne!? Chances are they'll probably only load one bottle per flight!

Thank god I switched to Star Alliance!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:29 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by headingwest
OMG, they're replacing the ex-band 3's choice of hot meals with a salad or hot sarnie. Somebody at Waterside has either got a seriously odd sense of humour or they're completely imcompetent. If they consider that to be an improvement then they're living in a different world.

And what's with the trumpeting of the full-sized bottle of champagne!? Chances are they'll probably only load one bottle per flight!
No - that is quite incorrect. Some Band 3 have been designated Long, and some Medium. Maybe they will only load one bottle, maybe they won't, but for goodness sake let's get some feedback when the service starts rather than denigrate it before it has even begun. Grief, I am no defender of British Airways, but let's see how things turn out before we start complaining.

Thank god I switched to Star Alliance!
Amen. This will not affect you all in that case.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
No - that is quite incorrect. Some Band 3 have been designated Long, and some Medium. Maybe they will only load one bottle, maybe they won't, but for goodness sake let's get some feedback when the service starts rather than denigrate it before it has even begun. Grief, I am no defender of British Airways, but let's see how things turn out before we start complaining.
No, actually quite correct in my case, VIE is within the new 'Medium' band, therefore no choice of hot meals, if I want something hot it's just a cheap old sarnie. Not an improvement, but a cut-back, no amount of window dressing can disguise that fact!

As regards to seeing how it turns out, let's hope they do better than implementation of BoB!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I will have a CE evening flight, Medium band, in 2 weeks. I'm curious to see the "new" catering.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

As regards to seeing how it turns out, let's hope they do better than implementation of BoB!
All these ongoing issues & complaints regarding BoB service & shortages have never affected me.

Mind you, I never actually buy anything from the trolley (even when it makes it as far as my particular row), so on reflection I'm perhaps not the best judge. Lounge and/or general airport facilities now suit my needs where Percy Pig class s/h travel is concerned.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:06 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
No, actually quite correct in my case, VIE is within the new 'Medium' band, therefore no choice of hot meals, if I want something hot it's just a cheap old sarnie. Not an improvement, but a cut-back, no amount of window dressing can disguise that fact!

"Cheap old sarnie"? That is just an assumption on your part as none of us have tried it yet, and you won't be trying it at all as according to you, you have switched to Star and thus are spared "cheap old" anything.

When the changes do come in and we know what these mean in fact rather than BA's hype, and speculation here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.