Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to the last flight daily, for Silver/Sapphire and Club passengers, plus guest(s) where applicable, usual oneworld rules apply.

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the First lounge can be found here:https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...st-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: British Airways Club Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
internetplumber - thanks for the mini review however I can't see any of the pictures in this. Is it just me?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
internetplumber - thanks for the mini review however I can't see any of the pictures in this. Is it just me?
Nope - can't see them either.
Tried on my mobile - same result.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:01 am

I can see them.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Virazuno
I can see them.
I can see them. They are hosted by Google Docs so Chrome should generally work unless there is a firewall (etc) block.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I can see them. They are hosted by Google Docs so Chrome should generally work unless there is a firewall (etc) block.
I can't see them on Google Chrome (or explorer or from the iPhone in the useless mobile version)... that's a bit weird
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I can't see them on Google Chrome ... that's a bit weird
Indeed weird. Could you try logging into something Google (e.g. Gmail, Photos, Timeline etc) and then refresshing?

InternetPlumber: Happy to put them onto Imageshack if you want to change over the URLs.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
I can't see them either. I've tried using IE, edge, and chrome.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
No pictures here ... iMac/Safari or iPad/Safari. Just the placeholders showing.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:33 am

OK, well since this is a temporary problem, rather than permanently clutter up the bandwidth here, when some people can evidently see the photos, I've dumped a set of links into this post instead, since the thread below is on very borrowed time.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27876111-post345.html

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Feb 7, 2017 at 9:38 am
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:26 am

Arrived at LGW at around 12.15 and was told at check in we would be using the Speedbird lounge today. Obviously quite disappointed given everything that I had read and seen so far on this thread.

After twenty minutes or so there was an announcement apologising for the lounge situation today and informing everyone in the lounge that the new Club lounge was now open and we were welcome to either stay or go and sample the new lounge (although toilets still out of order). Needless to say I didn't hang around for too long.

Not many PAX around in the club lounge at present and people were still entering the Speedbird lounge when I left.

As I write there is a professional camera crew at the far end of the lounge doing publicity shots.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by xfrost
Obviously quite disappointed given everything that I had read and seen so far on this thread.
You may want to read my Access post again, and read between the lines a bit. But I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. And I'm sure they didn't want more passengers in the BA Lounge just for the film crew......
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
Sorry for the access problems all. I've just arrived into MLA and I'll look at moving the images when I get to the hotel!

Edit: I've now moved all the images across to ImageShack, I hope this fixes the problems with intermittent access!

Last edited by internetplumber; Feb 7, 2017 at 9:27 am
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:01 am

I am in the new lounge. I am not a BA fanboy on the whole, but credit where credit is due. This facility is excellent, and beautiful. Well done BA ^
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by internetplumber
Edit: I've now moved all the images across to ImageShack, I hope this fixes the problems with intermittent access!
Thanks for that and I've deleted the temporary copy. You can see there was quite some appetite to see your pics!

Originally Posted by Virazuno
I am in the new lounge. I am not a BA fanboy on the whole, but credit where credit is due. This facility is excellent, and beautiful. Well done BA ^
Praise indeed!

Just for anyone who may has hesitated about LGW in the past, I would like to highlight the fact that you can get from the railway platform to this fantastic new facility in well under 10 minutes, if hand baggage only and eligible for Fast Track (rail platform to end of security is under 7 minutes). The LGW departure gates are very close to the lounge. LGW has extremely friendly BA staff, many have worked there for years and years. Even security at LGW is several notches more friendly than LHR and extremely slick. BA at LGW has a great range of destinations, and some very low fares if you are flexible on dates. Add all that together and it is quite a game changer for BA, and I hope people have a look at what Gatwick now has to offer.

That's not to say everything is perfect (e.g. domestic arrival and domestic priority boarding, congestion on ski weekends, the rail service itself) but the move to South was the best thing that could have happened to BA.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thanks for that and I've deleted the temporary copy. You can see there was quite some appetite to see your pics!

Praise indeed!

Just for anyone who may has hesitated about LGW in the past, I would like to highlight the fact that you can get from the railway platform to this fantastic new facility in well under 10 minutes, if hand baggage only and eligible for Fast Track (rail platform to end of security is under 7 minutes). The LGW departure gates are very close to the lounge. LGW has extremely friendly BA staff, many have worked there for years and years. Even security at LGW is several notches more friendly than LHR and extremely slick. BA at LGW has a great range of destinations, and some very low fares if you are flexible on dates. Add all that together and it is quite a game changer for BA, and I hope people have a look at what Gatwick now has to offer.

That's not to say everything is perfect (e.g. domestic arrival and domestic priority boarding, congestion on ski weekends, the rail service itself) but the move to South was the best thing that could have happened to BA.
You forget to mention the shoddy longhaul product, particularly in CW, and the soon to be coming 10-across for those unlucky enough to fly in Y. As much as the airport may have improved (I have no plans to try it), the onboard product is not good enough to tempt me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.