Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread focuses on experiences and reactions for the implementation of buy on board for shorthaul, mainly led by impressions taken from flying on board British Airways' shorthaul services.

An information thread exists for your questions, particularly if they are on factual matters, here:
Buy on board: Information guide for BA shorthaul economy services

If you have an opinion about the concept of Buy on Board, the right thread is:
Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept

Photos of current BoB menu (September 2018) post #125 in information thread
Print Wikipost

Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 7:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
One crew member (purser) told me yesterday that it is embarrassing for her since she often has customers who are upset about not enough items being loaded. She also said that there would be enough space in the galley, but they just don't load enough food.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by florens
One crew member (purser) told me yesterday that it is embarrassing for her since she often has customers who are upset about not enough items being loaded. She also said that there would be enough space in the galley, but they just don't load enough food.
Who is responsible for catering loads? Obviously it is BA ultimately, but surely Tourvest must have some imput?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It could be argued that is exactly what they have done.
Well let's take it over to the appropriate thread to prevent this one getting taken further off topic....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28400764
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Do they still have to open the mixers and bottles of spirits on BOB or is this habit? A colleague wanted a couple to take off the plane for his hotel and was told it was the rules when he said he wanted closed ones.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Well let's take it over to the appropriate thread to prevent this one getting taken further off topic....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post28400764
What are you on about
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
What are you on about
Meaning that this thread is for experiences and reactions only, and I didn't want to continue with opinions here. That's why various threads on BoB were opened. Just trying to keep the Mods happy!
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:35 am

Meaning that this thread is for experiences and reactions only, and I didn't want to continue with opinions here. That's why various threads on BoB were opened. Just trying to keep the Mods happy!
I'm sorry, I don't have a clue what you are on about. You appear to be looking for an argument but I will not be drawn in.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
That might well be the case, but get someone in who knows how to run an airline and we might see a return to a reasonable level of service (for BA's ticket prices).
Headingwest are you nuts?

BA are not looking good at all at the minute but one thing I can say is they make a .... load of cash! So they are doing something right even if WW and AC should not be at the helm.

Could you run an airline better?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:47 am

I'm sorry, I don't have a clue what you are on about. You appear to be looking for an argument but I will not be drawn in.
I'm sorry that you feel that way, I'm not looking for an argument at all. I just thought this thread was for experiences of BoB only.

Originally Posted by Padmeister
Headingwest are you nuts?

BA are not looking good at all at the minute but one thing I can say is they make a .... load of cash! So they are doing something right even if WW and AC should not be at the helm.

Could you run an airline better?
As someone who has no experience in the airline industry, probably not! But as I see it, running an airline should not be just about making pots of money, it's about providing a service that customers want to use. Many passengers are making it clear that they don't like BA anymore.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
[QUOTE=headingwest;28401022]I'm sorry that you feel that way, I'm not looking for an argument at all. I'm just thinking of what the Prospero posted upthread. I think this thread was really just for reporting experiences, opinions about the concept should be on the other thread, which I why I switched to that one.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28268043-post1607.html

As someone who has no experience in the airline industry, probably not! But as I see it, running an airline should not be just about making pots of money, it's about providing a service that customers want to use. Many passengers are making it clear that they don't like BA
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Padmeister
So presumably these people are generally happy with the product on offer and the price because they keep paying and they keep flying BA simple as that.
Yes, but what about future revenues? Will those passengers who have flown BA for the first time since BoB, or those who had to spend a day at LHR last weekend still want to fly with BA?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
Is this because BA won't force customers to close their blinds?
Nah, as I said I like the window seat. If BA want to give me the option to be a selfish git good for them, I just won't take it.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Life Miles, Miles and more
They are doing exactly what you guys normally ask, posting in the correct thread, how is that looking for an argument? Seems to be you trying to create one. Long day?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by nallison
They are doing exactly what you guys normally ask, posting in the correct thread, how is that looking for an argument? Seems to be you trying to create one. Long day?
I was posting in the correct topic.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:43 am

I was posting in the correct topic.
So was I, but it veered towards general concept and management - so I switched threads (as previously requested by Moderators).

Anyway, let's leave it at that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.