Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi, I'm flying out of EWR Terminal B which has TSA Pre facility. My BA mobile BP does not have any mentioning of TSA Pre (I have GE and I have entered my KTN via MMB). I have seen in previous posts that BA mobile BP could not support TSA Pre, is this still the case?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by lowdownlo
Hi, I'm flying out of EWR Terminal B which has TSA Pre facility. My BA mobile BP does not have any mentioning of TSA Pre (I have GE and I have entered my KTN via MMB). I have seen in previous posts that BA mobile BP could not support TSA Pre, is this still the case?
Yes it is still the case.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Airprox
Yes it is still the case.
Thanks - I'll get a BP from the agent when I drop my bag
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
TSA Pre now on Mobile Boarding Pass

Hello everybody: flying out tomorrow and just did the check-in online through the BA app on my iPhone. I was nicely surprised to notice that, despite being warned during check-in the TSA Pre mention is only displayed on paper BPs, when I pulled up my mobile BP on my phone, the logo is there!

See by yourself on the image attached of my BP screenshot.

Cheers,
-vinnyc
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Thanks for posting. I’m also flying out of JFK T7 tomorrow night. It’s been a few months since I passed through there. What’s the current TSA PRE setup?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by skippythelizard
Thanks for posting. I’m also flying out of JFK T7 tomorrow night. It’s been a few months since I passed through there. What’s the current TSA PRE setup?

I actually have no idea... I used to fly almost only OpenSkies out of Newark Terminal B, where it is not a full-fledge TSA Pre experience, but a TSA Pre Light Version: the TSA Agent recognizes your TSA Pre status and hands you a card that allows you to keep your shoes, belt etc... If the regular metal detector lane is open (depending on the goodwill of the agents to open the lane), you get to avoid the body scanner.

Last time I checked on here (couple of posts above), it was the same thing at JFK T7, unless things have improved.

Cheers,
-vinnyc

Last edited by vinnyc; Nov 29, 2018 at 5:30 am Reason: typo, clarification
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
At JFK T7 you need to take the security lane on the right I believe. I missed it last time, went in fast track instead. If you go to the First check in area, you need to circle back to the main terminal, don't take the corridor to fast track.

They also wanted a paper BP at the lounge as their scanners don't work with mobiles, unless that was just an excuse.
vinnyc likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chistery
At JFK T7 you need to take the security lane on the right I believe. I missed it last time, went in fast track instead. If you go to the First check in area, you need to circle back to the main terminal, don't take the corridor to fast track.
Has this changed since October where they offered the TSA Pre-Lite experience at the checkpoint immediately after the "First Wing" ?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Has this changed since October where they offered the TSA Pre-Lite experience at the checkpoint immediately after the "First Wing" ?
I think that is still done, but the only benefit of the lite experience is that you can keep your shoes on. I think chistery is referring to the full TSA-Pre line which is on the far right as you look towards security where you get all TSA-Pre benefits, but you can't get to that channel via that corridor to fast track, you have to go back and around to get to it.
vinnyc and Steve_ZA like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think that is still done, but the only benefit of the lite experience is that you can keep your shoes on. I think chistery is referring to the full TSA-Pre line which is on the far right as you look towards security where you get all TSA-Pre benefits, but you can't get to that channel via that corridor to fast track, you have to go back and around to get to it.
But no slope and you don't have to double around inside the terminal to get to the lounge.
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Interesting, I'll take a look next time and I don't mind the extra walking. I usually travel with 2 laptops (sometimes 3), an iPad and a Kindle so the "lite experience" doesn't really add much speed to my journey.
KARFA likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:36 am

So to summarize for JFK T7:
  • If you want the full TSA Pre experience, you have to walk on the far right side of the terminal to get the dedicated TSA Pre station, but will have to forfeit the First Wing/First Class check-in experience, unless we get out and walk to the TSA Pre lane.
  • If we use the First Wing to check-in, they will still offer a TSA Pre Lite experience.
Did I get things correct? Thanks for your feedback I will test tonight!

Cheers,
-vinnyc
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:58 am

As I understand it, that's correct vinnyc, though it's still worth using the First check in area if you need to, and it's probably better getting a paper BP than trying to use a mobile BP with precheck. You don't have to walk out, just back towards the entrance and round to security, it's not that far. Let us know how it goes tonight though!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chistery
According to this thread in another forum, TSA PRE lines were there (with no signage) to the far right of T7 for a couple of weeks....and then subsequently removed. PreCheck at JFK Terminal 7?
As pointed out in that thread, at one point in time, it was listed as being available on the TSA web site, but now it's not.

I'll take a look tonight...but hopefully @vinnyc will beat me to it.

That said, the queue at the slope generally isn't too bad when you're on the last flight of the evening...

Also, to confirm, TSA PRE does show up n the mobile boarding pass...but I printed a boarding pass also, just in case...
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:31 am

There is no slope now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.