Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:03 am

Programs: Confirmed
does BA mobile BP show tsa precheck logo?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:03 am

Does your mobile BP show TSA PreCheck logo?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:14 am

Yes it does, though its very small!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SKRan
Does your mobile BP show TSA PreCheck logo?
yes above the code. Is your KTN definitely in the booking? Did you add it in to the additional information page?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BA booking, BA ticket, BA288 PHX-LHR ... happily granted TSA Pre✓ as usual.

No, I don't have a KTN or membership of any US system other then ESTA. Age hath its privileges, it seems!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA

yes above the code. Is your KTN definitely in the booking? Did you add it in to the additional information page?
This is what people are looking for, just above the QR bar code. it's extremely small! You would get it from both ends which is helpful for UK residents who have KTN, since it gives time to fix it for when it matters, namely departing the USA.
Attached Images  
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This is what people are looking for, just above the QR bar code. it's extremely small! You would get it from both ends which is helpful for UK residents who have KTN, since it gives time to fix it for when it matters, namely departing the USA.
Sadly I've already shredded the BP from PHX, but the TSA Pre✓ annotation [somewhere top left] was in small print without highlights and barely noticed without close examination. In other cases it was in HUGE BOLD print, but that was probably on AA.

I realise that it's the bar-code that counts, but one could easily have missed the print-out and gone to the normal lines if we hadn't known/hoped to have Pre.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
and the equivalent on the apple mobile bp

Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:03 am

My global entry was just approved. The ID was added a day before checking in. But it didn’t show up on the BP - I suspected that it will show above the barcode but mine is plain. :-(
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by SKRan
My global entry was just approved. The ID was added a day before checking in. But it didn’t show up on the BP - I suspected that it will show above the barcode but mine is plain. :-(
When you say just approved how long are we talking? Although you may have received your final approval letter and KTN it does seem to take a day or two before it can be used and pulls through the approval to your flights.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
This may be the blindingly obvious but this is for flights leaving the US?
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
This may be the blindingly obvious but this is for flights leaving the US?
tsa pre shows on UK->USA flights too (the bp I showed up thread is from a LHR-JFK flight) - although I agree that there are no tsapre benefits departing LHR.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Must be a BA thing as it wasn't on my LHR-JFK on DL BP in January
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry

tsa pre shows on UK->USA flights too (the bp I showed up thread is from a LHR-JFK flight) - although I agree that there are no tsapre benefits departing LHR.
however isn’t there the unofficial no need for silly security questions if it shows on the boarding pass, I didn’t have any on my last LHR-JFK flight
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by aidy
however isn’t there the unofficial no need for silly security questions if it shows on the boarding pass, I didn’t have any on my last LHR-JFK flight
I have never had the silly security question on ba even pre TSApre. I don’t tend to do the US carriers for TATLs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.