Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by johnaalex
On a related topic, the lack of the card that US citizens get as part of GE can be a pain when go through the border crossing as I did when going from Vancouver to Seattle to get my flight home to the UK. I had flown into Seattle and then travelled by land to Canada. When I took the GE line at the border I was told I had to go for a secondary inspection which meant waiting in line for about 30 minutes. The officer dealing with me was clearly not fully up to date with the process of letting us Brits have GE, for one he could not understand why I did not have a card and secondly, he could not understand why I had not had my passport stamped on arrival at SEA. I managed to keep calm and finally he went to consult with some of his colleagues who quickly told him I had done nothing wrong and should be allowed to proceed. I was very relieved, so much so that I didn’t bother to point out he did not apologise for the hassle he had put me through.
land borders are the reason why we don't have the card, as if your crossing to the US on a new trip into north america, then you need to get a paper I94 produced and pay the $6 fee, due to this and the time it takes to defies the point of using the GE lane.

I assume you could use it if your travelling to Canada from the US, then upon returning to the US using it then, as you already have an active i94 (electronic)
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Definitas
Are UK citizens allowed to use Global Entry kiosks for entry into Canada (YYZ) ?
"Global Entry for entry into Canada"? Can you clarify what you mean?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL
Is there anywhere to save the Known Passenger Number within the BA site/app, or is it only per flight/booking? Been looking through My Account but haven't seen anything permanent.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Is there anywhere to save the Known Passenger Number within the BA site/app, or is it only per flight/booking? Been looking through My Account but haven't seen anything permanent.
It seems you can only add a KTN at individual booking level rather than profile level on ba.com.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
There is a promised update to the app coming "in Summer 2018" which will enable mobile boarding passes to support TSA Pre, perhaps that will coincide with an update to the profile pages so that a KTN can be stored.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I just stumbled across something linked from my weekly TSA updates e-mail ... https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening

The interesting aspect, which explains why we always get TSA Pre✓, is "Secure Flight".
Attached Images  
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is nothing new and coincides with the launch of Pre-Check back in 2010-11.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Often1
This is nothing new and coincides with the launch of Pre-Check back in 2010-11.
Thanks. First time I had seen it in print, and the mention of “Secure Flight” by name. Indeed, many theories upthread about how TSA Pre got awarded to UK pax.

Forget me!!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Despite having my KTN in my booking on my last 3 LHR to JFK flights on BA I have been selected for SSSS each time. Go figure!
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Lolbert
Despite having my KTN in my booking on my last 3 LHR to JFK flights on BA I have been selected for SSSS each time. Go figure!
I'd never been SSSSed before I added my KTN to a BA booking out of T3.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
I'd never been SSSSed before I added my KTN to a BA booking out of T3.
Having GE / a KTN does not prevent you from being selected for SSSS
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
I've been a member of GE since 2009. I have gotten SSSS twice. Never 3 times in a row but I suspect there is some level of randomness in being selected for secondary screening. If it continues, I would post in this thread in the Trusted Travellers forum.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Having GE / a KTN does not prevent you from being selected for SSSS
I didn’t say that it did, just that for whatever reason it appears to have the opposite effect.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I didn’t say that it did, just that for whatever reason it appears to have the opposite effect.
I suppose that having a KTN gives them a record in which to put "never mind Pre-Check, give this guy the works every time"
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
But it is a common misconception that it does

Perhaps there is someone on the TSA / CBP list with similar name as yours or perhaps you've recently been to one of the countries the USA dosen't like

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.