Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Precheck at JFK T7 will have to be open to all as AS is also a big user.

Also, does TBIT have precheck yet? security is always a mess there. Yes you can get in via T4 but that is obviously not all that efficient.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Precheck at JFK T7 will have to be open to all as AS is also a big user.

Also, does TBIT have precheck yet? security is always a mess there. Yes you can get in via T4 but that is obviously not all that efficient.
TSA website says TBIT has Pre.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:35 am

That's great news.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There's a note out that TSA PreCheck in its full version is coming to JFK T7 in late July (sodium dosage needed) with the new security channels currently under construction. There will be a dedicated PreCheck line, working in the usual way there (shoes on, bags unopened). What I can't work out is how this will work for (say) a Bronze passenger with PreCheck travelling WTP - it can't be in the new First Wing, unless there will either be 2 lines or a clever queuing / feeding system on one side the First Wing.
Perhaps it will be implemented like AA Flagship Checkin in JFK T8, which feeds a priority queue into an existing TSA PRE line.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Got a printed pass at MCO yesterday and despite the lovely desk agent saying I could not use TSA Pre I chanced it and used the very short queue and was ushed through no problem. Laptop and liquids in bag, shoes and coat on, no problems.

Happy Days

Very busy lounge and lucky to get a seat. Nice hummas!
Old May 24, 2018, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The practical answer here is that Pre-Check processes approximately 7-8 passengers for every one processed through the standard line. The special channels are more for show than for anything else.. Even a 30-person Pre-Check line should take no more than 3-4 minutes and for better or for worse, the TSA Officers who staff the first podium will go out of their way to let 2-3 others pass before turning to someone from the special channel. All childish on both sides, but not something to worry about much in terms of either the time or the hassle.
Old May 24, 2018, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cutting42
Nice hummas!
Pardon?
Old May 24, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Pardon?
Old May 29, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Progress! Still no Pre queue, but at least you don't have to remove shoes and can avoid the millimetre wave scanner.

Old May 29, 2018, 4:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cutting42
Oh, hummus!
Old May 29, 2018, 11:04 am

So I have MAD-LHR-IAH-LHR-MAD next week all on IB flight numbers with all but the very first segment operated by IB. I am only finding a way to enter my API info via Iberia which doesn't have a field for my KTN. Any way to force access to the BA API to get my KTN in there?
Old May 29, 2018, 11:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So I have MAD-LHR-IAH-LHR-MAD next week all on IB flight numbers with all but the very first segment operated by IB. I am only finding a way to enter my API info via Iberia which doesn't have a field for my KTN. Any way to force access to the BA API to get my KTN in there?
see this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29766351-post436.html
Old May 29, 2018, 11:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Worked Ok for me at JFK on Monday at T7, although the agent forgot to stamp the BP has he had forgotten that BA had joined.
Shoes on, liquids in, laptops out.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
I got that. I'm saying I have no API on the BA manage my booking because it all seems to be managed by IB.
Old May 30, 2018, 1:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I got that. I'm saying I have no API on the BA manage my booking because it all seems to be managed by IB.
are you saying you don’t have a BA PNR? If you have BA operated flights you should do, and if you have a BA PNR there should be an ability to edit the APIS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.