Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
"To be eligible, you must have registered for one of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) trusted traveller programmes (TSA✓, Global Entry, NEXUS and SENTRI)"

OR be selected at random based on number of recent visits to USA, shoe size, colour of your mother's eyes, etc etc etc etc

I get PreCheck [recently and on trip to Honolulu last year) and would never be able to get GE. Printed on top of my boarding pass.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
msm2000uk likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:13 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Did not even have to enter as already carried over.
Likewise on my booking - clearly BA talk to the AA system once in a while!

M
Old May 16, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
My recent datapoints/experience from earlier this month ...

I had a BA ticket with AA operated to ORD and BA operated back to LHR. Put my KTN in via AA PNR pre-departure.

Outwards, AA bp (app and paper) had "TSA PRE" and the AA desk in LHR T3 just after transfer security cleared confirmed that I didn't need to do the questions because of the tsa pre.

On the return, BA app showed the message others have posted above about getting a paper bp. Paper bp issued at ORD T5 had "TSA PRE". The tsa pre lane at ORD T5 merges after doc check with the other security lanes into a common queue for the belts/scanners - the only difference being that TSA PRE gets you through the metal dectector hoop rather than the full body imager.
Old May 17, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
I am flying from LAX to LHR tomorrow on BA 0282 and TSA-precheck is printed on my boarding pass despite my not having entered my KTN into my reservation (again, maybe an AA linkage?). Theory is that pre-check started being offered at LAX / TBIT at the end of April 2018, I will be thrilled if that's actually the case!
Old May 17, 2018, 12:35 am

I would be interested to hear experiences on whether BA bookings with multiple passengers also "share" Precheck in the same way as the US airlines, i.e. if one passenger has Precheck, all the passengers on the PNR will get Precheck.
Originally Posted by *Betty_M_Johnson*
I am flying from LAX to LHR tomorrow on BA 0282 and TSA-precheck is printed on my boarding pass despite my not having entered my KTN into my reservation (again, maybe an AA linkage?). Theory is that pre-check started being offered at LAX / TBIT at the end of April 2018, I will be thrilled if that's actually the case!
The TSA website shows that Precheck is available at TBIT, so I would expect it to be there. A huge number of airlines operating out of TBIT joined Precheck recently so it makes sense.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Have updated all my existing bookings with KTN - wish although still no field in main profile to add it. Not that it would probably make much difference of course, I find most of the information saved in the profile never populates APIS and needs re-entered!
Old May 17, 2018, 4:07 am

You can randomly get TSA Pre without a KTN

Originally Posted by *Betty_M_Johnson*
Old May 17, 2018, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Just had my regular TSA updates email ...

British Airways is now on the TSA Pre ✔️ listing.

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/participating-airlines
Old May 17, 2018, 7:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by T8191
British Airways is now on the TSA Pre ✔️ listing.

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/participating-airlines
Well spotted Uncle T, and that found me the Press Release from the TSA, below. What is slightly odd is that so far BA's media centre has said nothing. As ever, the best scoops are on Flyertalk!

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...r-tsa-precheck
TSA partners with British Airways to offer TSA Pre✓®

• As efforts continue in raising security baseline, expedited screening now available through 53 air carriers
National Press Release
Thursday, May 17, 2018WASHINGTON — The Transportation Security Administration today announced the expansion of its TSA Pre✓® expedited screening program to include British Airways. Today’s announcement brings the number of airlines participating in TSA Pre✓® to 53 domestic and international carriers.

More than 6.4 million TSA Pre✓® enrollees across the country are already experiencing the benefits of expedited screening. This new partnership will increase the trusted traveler population and increase overall security effectiveness.

TSA Pre✓® is a risk-based approach to vetting and passenger security screening that has enabled TSA to move away from a one-size fits all approach to passenger security screening, focusing more security resources on unknown passengers. This partnership with British Airways is another step in TSA’s continuous effort to raise the global aviation security baseline.

Low-risk travelers enrolled in the program get to experience a smart and efficient screening experience at more than 200 U.S. airports. For TSA Pre✓® travelers, there is no need to remove shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts or light jackets.

To date in 2018, nearly 93 percent of passengers in TSA Pre✓® lanes waited less than five minutes.

TSA Pre✓® is available when departing from a U.S. airport to a foreign country, and for domestic, connecting flights after returning to the U.S. Travelers who are U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals and lawful permanent residents of the U.S. can apply for TSA Pre✓® for a cost of $85 for five years, or $17 per year through the TSA Pre✓® application program. Once approved, travelers will receive a “Known Traveler Number” to input when making an airline reservation and will have the opportunity to utilize TSA Pre✓®lanes at select security checkpoints when traveling on any of the 53 participating airlines.

Other passengers who are eligible for TSA Pre✓® include members of the three U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Trusted Traveler programs, Global Entry, NEXUS and SENTRI. TSA Pre✓® is also available for U.S. Armed Forces service members, including those serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, Reserves and National Guard. To find the program that best suits your travel needs, use the Department of Homeland Security trusted traveler comparison tool.

As always, TSA continues to incorporate unpredictable security measures, both seen and unseen, throughout the airport. All travelers will be screened, and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening.

For more information, visit tsa.gov or read the frequently asked questions about TSA Pre✓®.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not inclined to jump through the hoops for enrolment, though. I’ll continue to take the chance of “Elder traveller, low risk, regular travel patterns”

I’ll see what’s on our AA BPs next month!
Old May 17, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Not inclined to jump through the hoops for enrolment, though. I’ll continue to take the chance of “Elder traveller, low risk, regular travel patterns”

I’ll see what’s on our AA BPs next month!
You might find that jumping through the hoops for GE, if you are eligible, and getting Pre-Check as a bonus is worthwhile though.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well spotted Uncle T, and that found me the Press Release from the TSA, below. What is slightly odd is that so far BA's media centre has said nothing. As ever, the best scoops are on Flyertalk!

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...r-tsa-precheck
TSA partners with British Airways to offer TSA Pre✓®
  • As efforts continue in raising security baseline, expedited screening now available through 53 air carriers
National Press Release
Thursday, May 17, 2018WASHINGTON — The Transportation Security Administration today announced the expansion of its TSA Pre✓® expedited screening program to include British Airways. Today’s announcement brings the number of airlines participating in TSA Pre✓® to 53 domestic and international carriers.

More than 6.4 million TSA Pre✓® enrollees across the country are already experiencing the benefits of expedited screening. This new partnership will increase the trusted traveler population and increase overall security effectiveness.

TSA Pre✓® is a risk-based approach to vetting and passenger security screening that has enabled TSA to move away from a one-size fits all approach to passenger security screening, focusing more security resources on unknown passengers. This partnership with British Airways is another step in TSA’s continuous effort to raise the global aviation security baseline.

Low-risk travelers enrolled in the program get to experience a smart and efficient screening experience at more than 200 U.S. airports. For TSA Pre✓® travelers, there is no need to remove shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts or light jackets.

To date in 2018, nearly 93 percent of passengers in TSA Pre✓® lanes waited less than five minutes.

TSA Pre✓® is available when departing from a U.S. airport to a foreign country, and for domestic, connecting flights after returning to the U.S. Travelers who are U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals and lawful permanent residents of the U.S. can apply for TSA Pre✓® for a cost of $85 for five years, or $17 per year through the TSA Pre✓® application program. Once approved, travelers will receive a “Known Traveler Number” to input when making an airline reservation and will have the opportunity to utilize TSA Pre✓®lanes at select security checkpoints when traveling on any of the 53 participating airlines.

Other passengers who are eligible for TSA Pre✓® include members of the three U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Trusted Traveler programs, Global Entry, NEXUS and SENTRI. TSA Pre✓® is also available for U.S. Armed Forces service members, including those serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, Reserves and National Guard. To find the program that best suits your travel needs, use the Department of Homeland Security trusted traveler comparison tool.

As always, TSA continues to incorporate unpredictable security measures, both seen and unseen, throughout the airport. All travelers will be screened, and no individual will be guaranteed expedited screening.

For more information, visit tsa.gov or read the frequently asked questions about TSA Pre✓®.
This was all so amusing to me. It really did start when I posted it weeks ago, and staff were informed internally on the same day. I was then told "not official", but obviously as with many data points in this thread, it did in fact start working. Now - today - I just received an email that it's officially, official. This all seems a bit off.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MADPhil
You might find that jumping through the hoops for GE, if you are eligible, and getting Pre-Check as a bonus is worthwhile though.
For maybe 2 holidays in the USA each year, as leisure travellers with no meetings/conferences to get to? I’ve considered and rejected the idea numerous times ... especially as in the past we have been ‘gifted’ TSA Pre anyway (although I so understand that my be changing).

I can see the appeal of GE/TSA Pre, especially for busy folks for whom it’s borderline essential. As leisure pax, nice to have but perhaps less important. But these days the delays we encounter at Immigration are fairly trivial ... and flying ex-DUB with pre-clearance [as we often do] eliminates Arrival stress anyway.

Last edited by T8191; May 17, 2018 at 8:27 am
Old May 17, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Shame it won't be working out of T7 at JFK for a while

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.