Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
TSA Pre now showing on my boarding card

I am flying on the BA293 this afternoon to Dulles and my BP finally now says TSA-PRE on it,

I heard they were joining it but was not expecting to see it on my BP today

001 ticket on a 125 flight and a BA BP
Old May 7, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I am flying on the BA293 this afternoon to Dulles and my BP finally now says TSA-PRE on it,

I heard they were joining it but was not expecting to see it on my BP today

001 ticket on a 125 flight and a BA BP
So, how did they know your KTN, assuming that is how you got pre check? Flew to JFK 2 days ago and nothing (but the LHR does not do pre check). But flying back on Thursday and although JFK does not really have a TSA pre check lane would be interested to see how to get a BP with this.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL
I assume that Sabre can transfer the KTN from itself into an Amadeus record? That seems to be how most people I've seen are getting Precheck at the moment.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
I assume that Sabre can transfer the KTN from itself into an Amadeus record? That seems to be how most people I've seen are getting Precheck at the moment.
For AA + BA bookings that makes sense. In addition (and echoing at least one experience above) my BA Trade rep has said that the best thing to do is to provide the KTN at the BA desk, then get the agent to add it into the record, and then reprint the boarding pass (long card format). This will only work at locations with clued-up agents (not Nashville in other words) and won't work at locations without PreCheck at the airport, though I'm scratching my head to think of locations which don't have it in some form or other. E.g. BOS does it via Priority using the card system.

BA.com is being changed, it just hasn't happened yet.....
Calchas likes this.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is very common for carriers new to Pre-Check to have a changeover period.

First, BA must link up with TSA. Until then, collecting KTN's through a simple system as part of BAEC profile or PNR simply frustrates customers.
Second, Once BA is "connected", so long as the KTN is transmitted by BA, a passenger may obtain Pre-Check. This is instant.
Thurd, until a carrier can revise both its customer-facing inputs for data, e.g. BAEC profile and PNR data, this ill need to be entered either by phone or at the counter. While this means that one cannot readily bypass the counter as one might without luggage, the Carrier-TSA link is fast enough that Pre-Check will appear by the time a boarding pass is printed.
Fourth, once all of this is in place, presumably BA can modify its mobile services such that non-paper boarding documents can display (and be coded for) Pre-Check.

For most carriers, this process has taken 30-45 days.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Used TSA Pre last night at LAS prior to boarding BA274. TSA Pre was showing on the paper boarding pass but not the electronic boarding pass.
mikeyfly and kwisstan like this.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Ah ok, so am flying BA metal on AA ticket and just added my KTN to AA booking. Let's see what happens. I will go to the desk on Thursday to get a paper boarding pass and will report back.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Not with BA but I would assume IB would join at the same time and this morning nothing on my BP issued in Madrid for MAD-ORD-SNA. The AA portion definitely had my KTN as I printed at a kiosk in ORD and it came out with Pre with no additional data.
Old May 8, 2018, 4:15 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Tried this again today, It simply says TSA PRE at top of boarding pass most check in agents can add it in for you even on a BA booking but as noted above it wont show on the app you need a paper BP
Old May 8, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flying on BA278 from SJC on Thursday and called my corporate travel agent who added the number but advised me to check with airline that it had gone through. Then called up BAEC Gold hotline and not only did the lady know what I was talking about she could also confirm that the entry from the travel agent was correct. So travel agent/BA customer service should be able to add the number in advance until the feature becomes available in MMB.

Now just hoping it will actually work when I get there in two days. :-)
Old May 8, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
I assume there's still no TSA PRE checkpoint at JFK T7?
Old May 8, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
This will only work at locations with clued-up agents (not Nashville in other words)
They must have learned fast over the last few days at Nashville, as they knew exactly how to add my KTN to activate Pre Check.

And as a reference, here is row 20 on the 788, noting the movable armrest between E and F but fixed frame between D and F.

Full Nashville trip report to come.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: BaGold
Originally Posted by skippythelizard
I assume there's still no TSA PRE checkpoint at JFK T7?
wasnt on Monday when I flew jfk-lhr but did have TSA pre printed on boarding pass (was a BA booking via Corp TA and assuming they passed info when made booking as have GE and they have my details in my profile). No seperate line on the fast track via first desks but they said wave the BP at the TSA agents and you won’t have to take off shoes etc which proved to be true.
Old May 8, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by CTwill

wasnt on Monday when I flew jfk-lhr but did have TSA pre printed on boarding pass (was a BA booking via Corp TA and assuming they passed info when made booking as have GE and they have my details in my profile). No seperate line on the fast track via first desks but they said wave the BP at the TSA agents and you won’t have to take off shoes etc which proved to be true.
This makes sense... I've flown more than once from PHL (mostly AA) and occasionally they do not have a TSA lane at the security point closest to my departure. As a standard matter of course, if you have a TSA Pre boarding card, the person who matches your ID to the boarding card either stamps or puts a sticker on your boarding card (I'm not sure why that's necessary, since it's already printed in big letters, but anyway). You don't have exactly the same experience (I think you still have to unpack your bag, for instance), but at least things like shoes and belts stay on, and you're usually sent through old-school metal detectors instead of full-body-radiation scanners.

Remembering the space in T7 (which I haven't seen in a little while) I'd think if a TSA Pre lane opens it would have to be over as a section of the general area, since the premium security area only has the one set of equipment (unless that's changed - most of my JFK departures have been T8 in the recent past).
Old May 9, 2018, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by ianwall
They must have learned fast over the last few days at Nashville, as they knew exactly how to add my KTN to activate Pre Check.

And as a reference, here is row 20 on the 788, noting the movable armrest between E and F but fixed frame between D and F.

Full Nashville trip report to come.
To my knowledge this is a feild in Amadeus so they wouldn't really to learn it quickly just start using it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.