Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Precheck [BA participation]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
From MCO tsa Pre for gold but not silver :-(

On a tcp booking with mrs firstlight from mco. I have tsa Pre on BP (attached) but she doesn't - A data point attached.

so my job to carry all the electronics I guess...

Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Full precheck is wonderful. 5 minutes saunter through security, no unpacking of large laptop. Had to take my belt and jacket off but no hassle at all.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Well used to TSApre on AA boarding passes but a bit of a novelty when I found it on last Saturday’s BA284 from SFO-LHR. I do not have GE and I can only assume the assignment has something to do with status.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i posted this question perhaps in the wrong thread.

i have a TSA pre-check number, but cannot find any location in my account to input my number. have i missed something?

many thanks
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by VSLover
i posted this question perhaps in the wrong thread.

i have a TSA pre-check number, but cannot find any location in my account to input my number. have i missed something?

many thanks
I think the answer has been given already in the other thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30622294-post208.html

you need to go in to the booking then in to passenger details and add details. you can add your KTN in there. you can't add it at account level, you add it for each booking.

EDIT: apologies, put up wrong link initially. now corrected

Last edited by KARFA; Jan 7, 2019 at 10:03 am
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by VSLover
Here's another screenshot of the API field in Manage My Booking (not your BAEC account):

Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I did a LAX-LHR-LAX-SAN routing over the holidays. I was able to print my LAX-LHR boarding pass at home and saw I had the TSA PREcheck logo, but I knew I still had to go through a document check at LAX and as I had checked luggage, I needed to go to the check in counter any way. The agent printed me a new boarding pass during the luggage drop off and advised me to turn right at the end of the desks to go through security.

Unfortunately, that is not where one goes for PREcheck at TBIT. The PREcheck lanes are to the left after going past the checkin desks. The PREcheck lane traffic was light and we had just 7 people in front of us. Unfortunately, a LH crew were going through the X-ray line at the same time and at least 3 flight attendants had issues going through (one was a hairpin issue. You would think that they would know better!) so we were held up just a smidge.

My main issue was on the return. I couldn’t print my boarding passes online (turns out that both my wife and I got the dreaded SSSS treatment). The LHR-LAX did not have PRE which is no biggie as it wouldn’t have helped at LHR, but the BA printed LAX-SAN boarding pass didn’t have PRE either (doing a CUN-CLT-SAN or CUN-DFW-SAN route on AA usually shows all boarding passes with PRE though like LHR have PRE on the CUN boarding pass is useless) and I didn’t fancy having to dump out the laptops/iPads/liquids on the puddle jump from LAX to SAN, so I had to resort to printing new boarding passes at LAX T5 to get PRE on them. The LHR-LAX flight was 35 mins late and as I only had a 2hr 35 min connection out to the Eagles Nest, the lack of PRE on the BA issued domestic boarding pass killed any chance to go back through security at TBIT and sample the QANTAS first lounge
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
In this case, simply use the AA app to retrieve a BP with TSApre displayed.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Indeed, was going to say the same

Mind you in reverse last week my AA printed boarding pass for the BA flight had no TSA Pre-check. So had to get the BA app to show the boarding pass with TSA Pre-check.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
It is true, neither AA nor BA can issue TSA Pre validated boarding passes for flights operated by the other airline. I haven't flown on any other codeshares where the airlines involved both have TSA Pre so not sure if this is a universal issue.

Mobile boarding passes are the best solution at the moment.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
that’s all well and good when’s the app works. I was able to download the US domestic boarding passes on the AA app whilst in the CCR and my wife downloaded hers on her phone just for good measure. Upon landing at LAX, I did a quick refresh in the app just to see the status of my flight and the incoming aircraft and the BPs disappeared and there was no “show BP button” on the screen. I could manage the booking, or look at the upgrade list, but there was no way to retrieve the BP. The same thing happened on my wife’s phone too. The show BP button didn’t reappear until I was at the baggage claim carousel at SAN at the end of my trip.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
TSA Pre last week in LA was superb. The queues in TBIT were ginormous around 7pm yet TSA had no one and was through in about 90 seconds. I'd pay for it for this airport alone !
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: Confirmed
Does BA participate in TSA Pre✓?

just checked in and didn’t see a tsa precheck logo on the mobile boarding pass.
shall i print one?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The main FT BA thread on this issue is here:
TSA Precheck [BA participation]

You need to make sure your Known Traveller ID is in Manage My Bookings a day or so before OLCI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.