Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Le Club Accor Hotels Silver, Marriott Gold
Full English is only in WT+ now, on a small tray with orange juice and yogurt, WT is a breakfast wrap on a small tray with orange juice and fruit

Last edited by bhdcommuter; Dec 31, 2018 at 2:55 pm
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone had taste of Britain pre paid meal?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HGC, Spg
I'm flying LHR-DEN in Y, my first BA economy flight. It's an 8 hour flight, but takes of at 14.30 and lands at 17.30 (local times). So will we get a late lunch or an early dinner? (Just need to strategise how much to pre-game in the lounge
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
A you can call it whatever you like but lunch and dinner are the same food, you will be served a hot meal first and then a cold snack before arrival, ice creams will be served mid flight.
IAMORGAN and watersign like this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by Can I help you
A you can call it whatever you like but lunch and dinner are the same food, you will be served a hot meal first and then a cold snack before arrival, ice creams will be served mid flight.
Exactly that on my flight to PHL.
I had the Tandoori Curry and it was excellent. Best tasting airline meal I had on the trip which included a AA business back. The AA salmon meal was really good but the curry was even better!! It really hit the spot.
Service on BA was great and with a Gold CSM inroduction including an offer of champagne, CW bottle of water as well if I wanted the Pizza out of WTP.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I prefer the economy chicken curry to all the J options quite often; occasionally I manage to get leftovers even if in Club. They used to serve them on the old Band 4 ET Y routes - those were the days!
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone has recently (or previously) ordered a KSML down the back in WT? I’m not religious, just looking for an escape from the usual chicken or pasta options.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:45 am

If I could also please hijack this thread...

What kind of meals/snacks/drinks can I expect on LHR-JFK (departing 11:25) and the return flight (departing 20:50)?

Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2022, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
A datapoint from LHR-IAD ( 11:50 departure ) last week

After takeoff: Aperitif service + Main meal + Crew comes back for tea/coffee after the meal

Two options for the main course:
Baked Chicken Pie ( pictured below )
The other option was an Indian dish which was also the vegetarian option.

Before landing: One round of sandwich and drinks + Crew comes back for tea/coffee after the meal

Two options: Chicken and vegetarian
Below is the vegetarian option

No mid-flight snack service
Carfield and Andriyko like this.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Realize I never posted this but here's LHR-PHL from February 2020 (i.e. half a month before the world shut down):

Must have been some kind of chicken which was unremarkable, and looks like the bread and cheese/crackers and coffee/teacup have been enhanced away.

No picture of the midflight ice cream but I distinctly recall I was able to get a few extras from the galley (although they were mostly liquid by the time I got around to asking for seconds)

Pre-arrival snack looks like it's been enhanced from what it used to be as well:
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:18 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
I'm assuming its because they are ambient/shelf-stable (more so than a green leaf salad) but I have never understood the obsession with airlines serving rice/grain-salads as starters in Y.

I've heard full tray service will return to WT in Spring/Summer 22.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

After takeoff: Aperitif service + Main meal + Crew comes back for tea/coffee after the meal

Before landing: One round of sandwich and drinks + Crew comes back for tea/coffee after the meal

Not that different to J, is it!
Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:31 pm

Programs: BAEC, A3 M&B
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

Had the exact same meals on LHR-YUL on January 16th. Main meal was both tiny and terrible quality. As with my flight, not even a bread roll was offered...

For the pre-arrival snack, I had the chicken (half) sandwich and it tasted pretty good. But again, it was tiny.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by kaneporta1
Had the exact same meals on LHR-YUL on January 16th. Main meal was both tiny and terrible quality. As with my flight, not even a bread roll was offered...

For the pre-arrival snack, I had the chicken (half) sandwich and it tasted pretty good. But again, it was tiny.
Why don't they serve a proper sandwich and a four finger kit kat ? as opposed to a "Happy Meal"

What happens if you do an "Oliver Twist " ?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Butts
What happens if you do an "Oliver Twist " ?
...show you the exit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.