Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by kaneporta1
Had the exact same meals on LHR-YUL on January 16th. Main meal was both tiny and terrible quality. As with my flight, not even a bread roll was offered...

For the pre-arrival snack, I had the chicken (half) sandwich and it tasted pretty good. But again, it was tiny.
I have to ask, did you use the knife and fork to consume your half sandwich? It may have made it last longer, especially if you chewed 30 times before swallowing...
choosethedrew and mikeyfly like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
This was served yesterday on my flight from LHR-RUH in Economy. It actually was very tasty compared with the meal I was served in WTP the day before. However, not much in the way of food which was ok for the length of this flight but would not be happy if this was the same for a West Coast meal.

FYI, the choices were chicken curry (as per the picture) or a Vegatable Lasagne. Chicken wrap served before landing.

Tray as served - it did not weigh very much

Chicken Curry - quite tasty
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
My first long hall down the back since the before times, LHR-JFK. Lunch was some form of couscous type stuff with something creamy at the bottom of it followed up with yoghurt chicken which, despite the unpromising name, was actually a curry type thing. The food all tasted good but I was sad to see that despite the departure of Cruz BA's penchant for enhancements hasn't with the bread roll, and cheese and crackers gone the way of the dodo. I was really disappointed to see that as what was there was definitely an improvement on pre Do & Co food but I did rather enjoy some cheddar and a couple of water biscuits. Also the mid-flight ice cream seems to have been enhanced into a biscuit.

SW7London likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:19 pm

As a comparison here was the economy meal on Virgin LHR-JNB. It was pretty bland, not much for a long flight and didn't have a starter/salad or bottle of water. It also took over 2 hours to be served. The bread roll was also something that could be used as a hammer.

A comparison for a different thread is this was a delayed overnight Joburg that was announced as cancelled less than an hour before departure (scheduled at 2150). Hotels weren't available so all passengers were left to fend for themselves, despite a letter stating accommodation had been arranged being issued. In the queue the next day I heard families discussing getting to hotels about 2am with young kids in tow.
Interestingly it meant the second service was breakfast before arriving post 2200 local...
Old May 22, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
BA116 JFK-LHR 21/05/2022
Smallish serving - although probably sufficient. Chicken something-or-other, was okay - but not as good as the curries. Chocolate moose okay (again) - a little too fluffy.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:34 am

BA117 LHR-JFK (d LHR@ 08:25), 29 May 2022:
"breakfast" - not too bad - sausage was actually very good. The actual full monty is the same that in CE, but smaller portions (odd when you think it's quantity, rather than quality!). Sufficient though.

2nd 'meal' - coronation chicken - maybe a little stingy, but okay - with the kitkat of course!

Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:30 pm

BWI-LHR BA228 30 June 2022
A rather oddly-size package - the starter in a massive container, with little in it. The desert could be mistaken for the sauce. It was tauted as 'BBQ beef' which turned out to be BBQ chicken - the 'smokey' sauce was more akin to the flovour of fag ends (not that I've made a meal of them!). Best thing was the cheese (a low bar).

Avoided breakfast - despite encouragement from the cabin crew (!) - interestingly the packaging was bigger than the above meal, although it consisted of only a filled croisant, a bottle of water and a yoghurt).
We did ask for cups of tea several times) - here's a photo of them...

Sealink, bafan, ermis177 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by CKBA
BWI-LHR BA228 30 June 2022
A rather oddly-size package - the starter in a massive container, with little in it. The desert could be mistaken for the sauce. It was tauted as 'BBQ beef' which turned out to be BBQ chicken - the 'smokey' sauce was more akin to the flovour of fag ends (not that I've made a meal of them!). Best thing was the cheese (a low bar).

Avoided breakfast - despite encouragement from the cabin crew (!) - interestingly the packaging was bigger than the above meal, although it consisted of only a filled croisant, a bottle of water and a yoghurt).
We did ask for cups of tea several times) - here's a photo of them...
The plastic box which contains the starter probably cost more to BA than the actual food inside…
haroon145 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
This breakfast looks much more substantial in number of items than the dinners. And that’s with no hot breakfast for 2nd service in traveller at three moment. So... curious if we’re finally seeing more food in the traveller main meals now?
Old Jul 1, 2022, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
This breakfast looks much more substantial in number of items than the dinners. And that’s with no hot breakfast for 2nd service in traveller at three moment. So... curious if we’re finally seeing more food in the traveller main meals now?
Nope... the "breakfast" in the photo above is for the early morning LHR-JFK flights in WT (with a follow-up half sandwich before landing), rather than a second meal. Sorry
Old Jul 2, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Nope... the "breakfast" in the photo above is for the early morning LHR-JFK flights in WT (with a follow-up half sandwich before landing), rather than a second meal. Sorry
Didn't you get the "Half Kit-Kat" as well ? -with it's partner sandwich.

In WTP should I have got that or the same as Club World - travelled LHR-MCO
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Exactly - it looks like the main meals ex-LHR are more substantial. Or at least the breakfasts are?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
My SO was on AUS-LHR yesterday in WT. She says the dinner service was pretty poor……
Some sort of couscous, dry chicken and a chocolate mouse. No bread roll one butter and no crackers and cheese.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Are BA likely to bring back the ‘Taste of Britain’ - paid for meals in long haul economy?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Are BA likely to bring back the ‘Taste of Britain’ - paid for meals in long haul economy?
One can only hope. Any form of upgrading the meal would be great.
Dicksbits likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.